Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

A B team manager in the Lowland League has knocked us back?

Reach for the stars 🌟 

I had in my mind Darren O Dea was Celtic B team manager but having re checked he does appear to have recently been promoted to professional player pathway manager.

1 hour ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I would say if anything the mental gymnastics were from the fanbase trying to rationalise sacking a manager that got us to a playoff final after the best season in years.

I've said before this board have credit in the bank because of all the good decisions they've made. 

If they improve on Murray then they are vindicated. If they don't then its been a costly mistake.

Imagine John Sim was in sole charge and punted Murray in the same circumstances and 11 days later managers of B Teams in the lowland league had allegedly knocked us back. Can you imagine the backlash ?

I'm pretty sure even Sim wouldn't get backlash for things that haven't happened tbh

3 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

I would imagine that sacking Murray after 1 league game has had the knock on effect to their negotiations with the appointment. If as stated that it could be someone employed elsewhere then I'm sure their agents will be driving a hard bargain when it comes to contract length and termination clauses.

Of course I'm not naive enough to know that throwing money at someone works as well.

Cracking point 

51 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I had in my mind Darren O Dea was Celtic B team manager but having re checked he does appear to have recently been promoted to professional player pathway manager.

A gig that’s probably safe as houses… unlike managing a team that sacks you after one game.

Darren O Dea was after the ICT job and due to be interviewed when they ditched the whole process and just appointed big Dunc. That is 100% true and so I’m sure the Raith Rovers job would be one he’d be attracted to.

16 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

This. Most managers in Scotland are no better than their recruitment and their luck with injuries. 

Stanton gets injured, Ross Millen falls out with the manager, issues with Central defenders.

It makes no sense to me to sack a manager after our best season in the Championship to date and then hum and haw about who to replace him with.

Playing the devils advocate here, you could argue that only Stantons injury was unavoidable, Murray's fallout with Millen and his (Murray) inability to sign a central defender or two that weren't made of chocolate were factors that were largely under his control and that had a major impact on our season run in.

I have no issues with the last sentence though, it's bang on it.

Given the model we operate its not as clear as Murray couldn't sign a fit defender. None of us know how much of it is down to Potter identifying players.

With that said you can't account for Ashcroft lasting 40 minutes of a loan spell. We also have the outside factor of Partick offering O'Reilly a better deal. 

37 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Playing the devils advocate here, you could argue that only Stantons injury was unavoidable, Murray's fallout with Millen and his (Murray) inability to sign a central defender or two that weren't made of chocolate were factors that were largely under his control and that had a major impact on our season run in.

I have no issues with the last sentence though, it's bang on it.

My only issue with the last sentence is that we have no evidence that it's true.  It's all assumptions and panicking because it's taken longer than we all hoped.  There's nothing out there other than (almost certainly) made up rumours and the passage of (not that much really) time to suggest we aren't still on track to get our first choice candidate.  I'm not saying that is the case, just that I see no point in worrying about it.  We will appoint a new manager when all the negotiations are done and I'll react to the appointment when it happens.

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Scott Brown has been a great smokescreen for the appointment of Lee McCulloch 

Lee McCulloch didn’t even want the Killie job when offered. He had to be talked into taking it as he knew he wasn’t up to it. Sure enough, he wasn’t. I’m sure he’s much happier in the background doing his thing.
Scott Brown would be comedy gold, watching our wee county cousins kicking off though.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Must be next Friday we’re making the appointment. Ah well…

If its Broon, and that's a big IF, they probably wouldn't announce it till after we play them.

So that'll be a guaranteed  1 - 1 draw next week  then 😂😂😂😂

Not enjoying any of this TBH.

Massive pressure they get this appointment right and every day that passes just feels a little more like amateur hour. Could be the first miss step by the BOD and a potential clanger at that.

I like a number of others, once processed the Murray termination could completely see why the decision was taken. If it was to however bring in Fox then I really don’t get it.

Don’t know why Callum Davidson didn’t cross my mind but he’d be acceptable for me and actually has some tangible pedigree.

Looking at the situation from a different angle, maybe even the boards, they want Premiership football didn't think Murray could have got us there, so are now looking for a coach that can achieve that this season with the quality we have plus additions that we require, that coach would not be someone with limited premiership 1st team experience. I wouldn't rule out someone from the English leagues either    

30 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Don’t know why Callum Davidson didn’t cross my mind but he’d be acceptable for me and actually has some tangible pedigree.

Not sure I could cope with the usual St Johnstone bores on here frequently reminding us how shite the most successful manger in their pitiful club’s history is.

46 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Not enjoying any of this TBH.

Massive pressure they get this appointment right and every day that passes just feels a little more like amateur hour. Could be the first miss step by the BOD and a potential clanger at that.

I like a number of others, once processed the Murray termination could completely see why the decision was taken. If it was to however bring in Fox then I really don’t get it.

Why?

Theres pressure in every decision they make,budgets,players,managers etc ,some decision work others dont and is the case  in most walks of life.They must have thought it was riskier to keep IM in place than bringing someone new in

25 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Not sure I could cope with the usual St Johnstone bores on here frequently reminding us how shite the most successful manger in their pitiful club’s history is.

How did you cope with the usual ICT bores on here frequently reminding you how shite the most successful manager in their pitiful club's history was?