Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

Where were you before Murray came in? He got you immediately challenging for the title in his first full season against a team with effectively an SPL budget.

Honestly, one crack at promotion and the air of entitlement from some Raith fans is palpable 

Where were you before we got Murray from you, oh that's right never quite making out if the seaside, and that'll be the same Murray that couldn't beat his apprentice over umpteen games, if you want to talk about air of entitlement, I suggest you have go on the Falkirk thread 

Ah the good old McGlynnflation clauses.

As been said, our playing budget last season was only slightly higher than McGlynns last season. Our average crowd was nearing 3x what it was that year and our hospitality and commercial income was also significantly higher.

Falkirk are going well, there is no doubt about that but advice from any Rovers fan would be to keep an eye on both the contracts being dished out and the welfare of players who are playing with injuries/ niggles while McGlynn is in charge.

Very nearly cost us our club.

1 hour ago, AuldReekie said:

Healy probably be decent. Lot of expectation and pressure. Be interesting to see how he goes.

The cynic might suggest that's there's going to be an opening at Rangers in the next year or so and he's just positioning himself to make the jump. Would work in both parties interests in short term at least. 

I'd rather have Stephen Baxter than David Healy, although Dean Shiels might do O.K. (at Coleraine). But neither Baxter nor Healy would relocate to Coleraine.

Healy won't end up at Ibrox any time soon - especially not as manager.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'd rather have Stephen Baxter than David Healy, although Dean Shiels might do O.K. (at Coleraine). But neither Baxter nor Healy would relocate to Coleraine.

Healy won't end up at Ibrox any time soon - especially not as manager.

Another pusher of Stephen Baxter, are you guys related and why would an Aberdeen supporter have an opinion on who Rovers manager should be

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Another pusher of Stephen Baxter, are you guys related and why would an Aberdeen supporter have an opinion on who Rovers manager should be

Why not? Open forum - and I do know a bit about Irish League football.

7 hours ago, Enigma said:

Second full season. Where were you for his first full season? It wasn’t pretty. Scattergun recruitment, pish like Fredrikson and Connor McBride.

Transition phase though from being a shambles of a club post Goodwillie. The line of trajectory was rapid from then on given the timeframe.

But I know you all want to maintain the "keep calm and carry on" stiff upper lip thing as if it was a completely measured decision to sack him

Edited by Right in the Stanchion

5 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Where were you before we got Murray from you, oh that's right never quite making out if the seaside, and that'll be the same Murray that couldn't beat his apprentice over umpteen games, if you want to talk about air of entitlement, I suggest you have go on the Falkirk thread 

Mirrored his success he had with you - taking a middle-range club to within touching distance of promotion, something they hadn't done in years upon years. Hence the reason yous took him 🤷🏻‍♂️. That's a pretty stupid point when you think about it.

4 hours ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

Mirrored his success he had with you - taking a middle-range club to within touching distance of promotion, something they hadn't done in years upon years. Hence the reason yous took him 🤷🏻‍♂️. That's a pretty stupid point when you think about it.

Splitting hairs but Murray came to us pre new owners taking over and because we needed a new manager when McGlynn decided to leave. Whether the new board would have went with Murray if they'd taken over after McGlynn left is unknown. Ultimately the board appear ambitious in what they feel the club is capable of and felt he wasn't the manager who could take us forward. League Cup performances and Airdrie performance in the 1st game was grim. Throw in some really poor performances and results since the turn of the year and you really can't question their decision. We were quite fortunate we made the final in all honesty. Rode our luck against Partick in the 2nd leg and probably should have all but been out of it after the County game at Starks. Anyway, he's away and not coming back, heehaw we can do about it. 

17 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Isn’t it Stewart Baxter we want? This is just the sort of Admin error that could finish the club.

18 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Ah the good old McGlynnflation clauses.

As been said, our playing budget last season was only slightly higher than McGlynns last season. Our average crowd was nearing 3x what it was that year and our hospitality and commercial income was also significantly higher.

Falkirk are going well, there is no doubt about that but advice from any Rovers fan would be to keep an eye on both the contracts being dished out and the welfare of players who are playing with injuries/ niggles while McGlynn is in charge.

Very nearly cost us our club.

I’ve heard that when falkirk are counting their number of attendees that they just include all the season ticket holders as attending, even if they haven’t been there. Good way to inflate the numbers….

Some clubs have done that for a lot of years. Most clubs do it now I think (including Raith). 
Its ‘tickets sold’ rather than clicks through the turnstiles. 
Makes sense if you think about it, although I agree I’d rather see a figure of how many people were actually at the game. 

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Isn’t it Stewart Baxter we want? This is just the sort of Admin error that could finish the club.

Ex Crusaders Manager

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/czq50z7w0dpo&ved=2ahUKEwj-vsOB84-IAxWaUUEAHV0sGAwQFnoECDgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2p3l-cKT_kRkNy-2q4gZCW