Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

So the previous manager was sacked as it didn't look like they would win the league so the new guy has to come in 10 points behind the leaders with that as their success criteria?

No.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Because he walked out on us on the eve of the season starting with no cb  replacements that’s why , citing retirement but I heard he fell out with Murray and said feck it 

Curiosity from me, but who did you hear that from ??

9 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Because he walked out on us on the eve of the season starting with no cb  replacements that’s why , citing retirement but I heard he fell out with Murray and said feck it 

Long time to hold a completely unfounded grudge, mate. Life's too short.

Just now, Brashy's Boots said:

Long time to hold a completely unfounded grudge, mate. Life's too short.

Listen he was probably scouting for someone but what has he did in coaching to be considered for the job over Murray ? And I believe who told me the story if you don’t no worries 

1 hour ago, Varna Rover said:

somewhere on here i readabout paul simpson. hes now away from carlisle after a poor start. is he worth a shout as he is free

No. I follow Carlisle as well as raith, and he has no plan B when things aren't going well. His record in the last 70 odd games has been horrendous as well.

1 minute ago, philpy said:

No. I follow Carlisle as well as raith, and he has no plan B when things aren't going well. His record in the last 70 odd games has been horrendous as well.

thanks mate just a thought

43 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

No.

Thank you.

You say no, but for me that’s a yes. Another title challenge, and hopefully the title, was the success criteria for this season. We were light on defenders last season, especially central defenders. We got two decent ones in from Hibs and Airdrie. We needed a right back and we signed one (who for some reason never gets a game) and we got a new left back from Hibs. 

We have a new young winger in Gibson, we already had good midfield options, and if Vaughan and Hamilton remain fit, we have good attacking options. Get in another decent striker and we’re pretty much there. Rumours were Tony Watt but that never happened.

There’s no big team like Dundee United in the league and we’ve just had our best season in years and finished second.

Why would the expectation not be for another title challenge?

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You say no, but for me that’s a yes. Another title challenge, and hopefully the title, was the success criteria for this season. We were light on defenders last season, especially central defenders. We got two decent ones in from Hibs and Airdrie. We needed a right back and we signed one (who for some reason never gets a game) and we got a new left back from Hibs. 

We have a new young winger in Gibson, we already had good midfield options, and if Vaughan and Hamilton remain fit, we have good attacking options. Get in another decent striker and we’re pretty much there. Rumours were Tony Watt but that never happened.

There’s no big team like Dundee United in the league and we’ve just had our best season in years and finished second.

Had the transition from one manager to the next happened quickly and seamlessly, as was hoped, then the title might have been the no.1 objective. I don't believe now, a month later, that without 1st or 2nd choice candidates in place, winning the league will be the only success factor.

I'm confident playoffs are still achievable if we get our act together.

49 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Talking of managers having a poor start, I see Killie are 1 down at home to Hibs, 0 points and no goals from 4, Mcinnes anyone if he suddenly becomes available 

Why not throw Ten Haag in the mix too 😂

Zero chance of McInnes getting the bullet soon and zero chance of him dropping down to the championship anytime soon also.

Just now, MrDust said:

Zero chance of McInnes getting the bullet soon and zero chance of him dropping down to the championship anytime soon also.

Wouldn't have Ten Haag so hes not in the mix 

Mcinnes was only a long shot if he did get punted 

Hearts' results since head coach Steven Naismith's new contract was announced on 9 August:

Dundee 3-1 Hearts

Falkirk 2-0 Hearts

Viktoria Plzen 1-0 Hearts

Motherwell 3-1 Hearts

Hearts 0-1 Viktoria Plzen

Hearts 0-1 Dundee United

Gettin' shooglie in Gorgie! Just sayin' likes!🫣😉

Edited by embow

12 minutes ago, embow said:

Hearts' results since head coach Steven Naismith's new contract was announced on 9 August:

Dundee 3-1 Hearts

Falkirk 2-0 Hearts

Viktoria Plzen 1-0 Hearts

Motherwell 3-1 Hearts

Hearts 0-1 Viktoria Plzen

Hearts 0-1 Dundee United

Just sayin' likes!🫣😉

Yep, know what your saying, and I notice the hatches are out ready in some quarters

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

28 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Genuinely amazed at some of the shouts on here.

37 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

If you're a coach like Leven, these are the exact reasons why i'd be saying no thanks to the job. First time as a manager with a squad you've not been able to shape yourself, a backroom staff you're not familiar with and no transfer window and the expectation is to win the league? Yeah, if you fail at that, your opportunity to be a manager is probably gone, who's taking a chance on a guy with 1 seasons experience and was sacked? His only option then is to go be an assistant or a coach again. Its not like he's a Jack Ross who stumbles from one failure to another because he's had some modicum of success historically