Aberdeen v Still undefeated in Europe St Mirren

Just now, afc_blockhead said:

This

St Mirrens "style" is awful. Hoof / fall down under any touch in the final third / hoof the free kick in .... oh and dont forget FOUL EVERY time the opposition player touches the ball.

Glasgow St Mirren relegation candidates this season... more importantly .. come on you reds

What do you expect when they're coached by a total thug.

6 minutes ago, jonty said:

Apologies “buddies”, have I got egg on my face - we only won 3-1. 🤣

I thought your lot looked decent today, you should have just about enough to stay up this season.

Enjoy your trip to Bergen too, it’s a beautiful place.

Sincerely,

Jonty.

Sorry to disappoint.

My lot looked decent yesterday @jonty.

Thank you.

Good result. St. Mirren to be fair to them will have half an eye on midweek, as we found to our cost time and again last season. Most pleasing thing from our perspective was that we clearly have a lot of room for improvement. We look to be playing with a real thought out structure that can be highly successful. Most of the breakdowns in play and defensive issues came from individual errors, which will improve as the players get fitter, and we add more talent.

Positive signs.

Keep posting lads, more grist for the mill, because one swallow does not make a summer. ;)

Although to be fair, I said before this that Thelin looks the best manager you've had since McInnes.

All in all, I'm glad it's put a smile on your collective faces. After all, you had a rotten season last one, and there is the huge negativity of some of you having to actually live in Aberdeen. I consider this a charity win.

12 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

This

St Mirrens "style" is awful. Hoof / fall down under any touch in the final third / hoof the free kick in .... oh and dont forget FOUL EVERY time the opposition player touches the ball.

Have a bit of self-awareness mate. I thought Jamie McGrath did well today considering he's clearly suffering from an inner-ear problem and/or acute vertigo.

Anyway, we were poor across the park today. Can't blame the fatigue: it's what we fought to qualify for, but we were making very hard work of some very simple stuff, and Aberdeen were worth their win. Great bit of quality for the second goal, in particular.

I think we'll emerge from all this a better team, but it's going to be tough while we're still in Europe.

46 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Being practically from Glasgow has its benefits - really handy for a big airport when you have European fitba’ still on the go. 😁

Aren’t half your fans flying via ABZ?  

1 minute ago, mcginns said:

Aberdeen clearly look a better prospect under the new manager but I think the Dons fans are getting bit carried away with stringing a few wins together. 

Examples please 

11 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Have a bit of self-awareness mate. I thought Jamie McGrath did well today considering he's clearly suffering from an inner-ear problem and/or acute vertigo.

Anyway, we were poor across the park today. Can't blame the fatigue: it's what we fought to qualify for, but we were making very hard work of some very simple stuff, and Aberdeen were worth their win. Great bit of quality for the second goal, in particular.

I think we'll emerge from all this a better team, but it's going to be tough while we're still in Europe.

Can't see it.

We've been there before. Eventually everyone catches on to the patterns when you're so direct. The better you get, less space to exploit too.

The nick of these Dons fans, one win in yonks against us and they think they are the 2nd coming and we are doomed to relegation. As stated pre match I expected us to rotate ahead of the more important game on Thursday and as stated I expected us to lose as a consequence. Let's see where we all are in a few months.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The nick of these Dons fans, one win in yonks against us and they think they are the 2nd coming and we are doomed to relegation. As stated pre match I expected us to rotate ahead of the more important game on Thursday and as stated I expected us to lose as a consequence. Let's see where we all are in a few months.

15 months is hardly "yonks".

https://www.afcheritage.org/matches/match-report?id=14590