Queen's v that lot down the road

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SuperAnnan said:

If that’s queens being good f**k me for full time that’s honkin 

Fish all you want.

All that matters is that queen's won 2-0 and natural order has resumed

Edited by Rouky1

I'm not a judgemental person but Annan fans are really weird. Not only on here but IRL:-

Saw some woman shouting at a couple of young lads to "keep your opinions to yourselves!!" after said lads walked past her and shockingly said "2-0!". 

11 minutes ago, cooshedder said:

Why the hell were we outsung is the big question 

Was sat in Section 2 today and never heard any singing from the away end tbh. Though it's hardly a shocker for away fans to outsing home fans. 

Wasn’t a vintage performance but Queens deservedly won. Pleased to get a positive result as had my doubts beforehand. Thought Cochrane had a very good game today, best he’s been in months. Couple great saves from Stewart too. Both players I personally thought to questionable starters this season but they were solid today. Decent crowd too.

53 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do you not think it's perhaps part of the plan? That's two weeks in a row the opposition have had a lot of the ball without seriously threatening us and we grab a couple of goals to take the win (should have been more today). 

I'll gladly take winning this way if it gives us a title. I'm not seeing anything out there to suggest we can't keep winning this way either. 

FWIW I thought we were very good today. 

I totally welcome the fact that we're looking more solid at the back.  It's a platform that's allowed us to pick up points.

I don't think we can fall out of matches for as long and still expect to win them though.  I'm hoping that Lyon's return helps with that.

6 minutes ago, lyle be back said:

Over 2k for a L1 match. Pretty good even if it was el derby del Sud Scotia

I believe there were more Annan fans at Palmerston today than at Annans last home game. 

I guess that's what happens when you play against your big team. 

I thought we started the game much better than against Cove last week, dominating the early stages, and we could have been more than one up midway through the first half. Annan came back into it and are not a bad side at all, but our defence was excellent again, with Brydon, Douglas and Hewitt again outstanding. Stewart made a couple of good saves, one in each half - I’ve been impressed with him so far.

I thought Dickenson looked great when he came on - you can tell he’s played at a higher level. The second goal was a really good counter-attacking move, with Dickenson showing his quality, finished with a sweet low strike into the corner by McKechnie. Cochrane and Walker did well again, and Luissint looked a handful going forward: his touch isn’t the greatest but he’s tenacious on the ball and difficult to dispossess. First time I’ve seen McIntosh, and he looked fairly lively when he came on. When Lyon is fit again, we’ll have a strong, well-balanced team. We don’t have loads of goals in the side (though Lyon will definitely add a threat in that department), but our defence is good enough to keep us in the vast majority of games. As yet, I don’t see anyone to fear amongst our rivals.

Edited by Frankie S

An entertaining game with both teams enjoying spells in the ascendancy. Thought we edged it and deserved to win but Annan played their part and look a decent side at this level. Great to see a structure of play developing after the shambles under MB. Defensively we have players who are really defending our box, winning key headers, blocking shots and generally being really solid. For the first time in ages we have an aerial threat in the opposition box from corners, long throws etc. Both of these aspects are a huge improvement on last couple of seasons.

We played some decent stuff today but Dickinson's arrival made a huge difference and gave us a real cutting edge in the final third. No real failures today - midfield worked really hard and battled for every ball.

Dickinson, Lyon and McIntosh will really strengthen us so vital that we get them fit and they stay fit.

Very solid overall team performance.

Wasn't a classic let's be honest. Both teams had very minimal chances. And for a full time side queens didn't look much more ahead of annan. From an annan perspective you could argue a draw was a fair result considering we hit the bar near the end, neither team created many chances. Queens 2nd came from tommy muir making a twat of it and he should have probably brought down his man and took a yellow in the middle of the park. We move on. If asked before a ball was kicked would I have took 6 points from the first 3 games I would have snapped your hand off. Man of the match was queens Hewitt for me looks a decent player.