I would disagree that we dominated, and I’m more of the opinion that Stirling played us like a fiddle after that goal went in. They camped in and let us play because you could see from a mile away we were never going to score. Risky tactic from them but it really paid off.

Scullion shouldn’t be playing left wing, Rennie shouldn’t be playing right wing. We have wingers, and good ones at that. Play them for Christ sake.

We also have right backs, yet McCall opts to play our best player out of position.

At the moment you can see McCall is being too loyal to last seasons squad, and trying to shoehorn them in out of position rather than bench them. What’s the point in bringing in Redfern, Connelly etc when you’re going to play bodies out of position before you give them a start? Very odd, very frustrating.

The ref letting Stirling waste time at every opportunity didn’t help, but today was a Clyde problem.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

Well, that was about as frustrating as it gets with the Stirling second goal very predictable. After Connell missed his chance, it felt like it was never going to happen. Disappointing with how often no Clyde player was near a second ball or didn't take the gamble to get into the back post. It was also one of those days where nothing fell kindly at all. I think I'll be dreaming tonight about Clyde crosses being headed away by Stirling defenders.

Thought Clyde started well and looked to be a big improvement on the last couple of weeks then lose a soft goal. I can't think of Stirling doing anything at all after that until the second goal unless I have blocked something out. Felt Rennie had a bit of a better game and the full-backs both had a bit of a time of it, but the final ball at times was brutal.

Overall, it wasn't a great performance but it's a game Clyde should never have lost, never mind lose 2-0. If I'm trying to scrape any positives from it is another day Clyde end up winning by a couple of goals. Just one of those days.

Been mentioned was a very frustrating day. Stirling had a game plan and stuck to it so fair play to them. Will need to get used to teams doing that to us this season especially at home. Don’t think there was any bad performances with Murdoch, Connell and Redfern when he came on the pick of the bunch. Murdoch MOTM was head and shoulders above anyone on the park. How Gaston never got booked for time wasting is beyond me though 😂! Frustrating thing about the game too is that none of their players get into our starting 11.

15 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

McCall got it horribly wrong every step of the way, we had no cutting edge and in general were complete dross. Hope that helps.

Don’t be a condescending p***k all your life. 

First of all before I rant int McCall and the players for that awful performance… well done to Stirling for playing us like fiddles today. After they got their goal they simply let us have the ball for most of the game, they seemed to realise that we were never going to break them down. 

Starting lineup typical McCall over thinking and shoehorning players in. Starting Hamilton at RB is absolutely baffling. Best CH we’ve had in years and stuck out of position, then compounds it by taking him off at halftime and leaving Howie on. Even worse when you consider Hynes was in the squad, an actual effing RB!

Scullion being asked to be a winger and taking his fullback on, utter nonsense again a winger on the bench. 
Rennie, back constantly to his initial no contributing garbage. How he stayed on the park for 90+ mins is just unbelievable.

Jordan Allan is a shadow of the player we first watched. Whether some might say he’s isolated is deflecting from the fact he has been poor, really poor. 
Unfortunately Logan D looked like a CH playing up front when he came on. 
Hugely disappointing start to the league campaign, played against teams tipped to struggle and we have been a mile off. Something definitely not right. Not even played the so called better sides yet!

On this evidence, despite McCall getting a small fortune in his back pocket and spent a relative fortune and it’s not working. Far too early to panic but McCall has come out and explain his selections and substations, particularly after  today.

We're like a BMW in the snow...lovely to look at but pretty ineffective.  

Allan is a decent striker, I think, but we need to play THROUGH to him.and NOT UP to him.   Agreed with others about IM needing to find his best 11, but being blinded misplaced loyality.

9 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

We dominated the game and the stats back it up, we should’ve took one of the chances we made at least. Connell particularly. I don’t think we should’ve lost the game. 

IMG_5183.png

With 3 of those (on target) Stirling shots following their second goal, no less.

It's absolute madness to suggest that we didn't dominate that game.

16 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Far too early to panic but McCall has come out and explain his selections and substations, particularly after  today.

What concerns me (quoted this as I agree it is far too early to panic) is McCall has put this squad together, and it is a very good squad, but doesn't seem to have a clue what he's doing with them or how he wants them to play. We're still in August with a long way to go, but he needs to decide a team, a shape, and a way to play then stick with it. It almost feels like he's a new manager trying to get his head around someone else's squad.

I’m not quite sure how to feel after that one. Frustrated obviously, but we more or less dominated that game from start to finish. With Stirling’s only attacking intent coming from their second goal and us deciding to leave nobody back to try and get back into the game thereafter. We’ll play far worse and win this season (we did last week) but we’ve got to be better in the final third. Redfern was absolutely electric but not one ball in from him found a Clyde player. Connell had a good game too and it was really strange to take him off IMO. I actually felt Allan was coming into the game as we took him off too and we looked worse when Dunachie came on. In fairness to McCall, some of the players aren’t offering consistency in their performances. Duanchie made a huge difference last Saturday but poor today. Rennie always blows hot and cold too but I felt some of our better moments, particularly second half, came from him.

I reckon we’ll absolute gub someone soon but one league goal so far is obviously a bit of a concern. It’s also frustrating as Stirling looked pretty poor but a solid spine, and obviously a bit of luck, gave them the win. I do sometimes worry that we’re still a bit soft-centred.

Given Peterhead’s flying start, and Elgin looking a decent outfit, next week’s game is one we absolutely have to win if we’re serious about having title ambitions (which given the money spent, we absolutely must).

Edited by Replays

Having to make 2 or 3 subs at half time every match shows we aren’t getting the lineups correct.

There is no evidence of our style of play developing, it’s the same system with a revolving door of who is playing. Don’t think the constant chopping and changing is helping anyone at the moment.

We are good at making sideways passes and keeping possession in front of the opposition but really lacking in creativity and penetration. 1 goal in 3 games and constantly hoofing high balls to our forwards isn’t great.

We absolutely controlled today’s game, one of the most one sided 0-2 losses I’ve ever seen but a lot of teams are going to come and sit in against us this season. We need to figure out how to break them down rather than pass, pass, hoof. 

52 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

We dominated the game and the stats back it up, we should’ve took one of the chances we made at least. Connell particularly. I don’t think we should’ve lost the game. 

IMG_5183.png

For what it's worth, I can mind East Fife having 60 percent of possession at Pittodrie and losing 6-0.

I’ve seen lots of games where we dominated but still lost, usually 1-0. This was different. Stirling had a game plan and it worked. We looked like a bunch of guys on a public park playing a bounce game. Teams with a winger and centre forward usually have the big guy in the middle….not us. I’ve never rated Martin Rennie and Jordan Allan seems to have lost it.  The worst was when our goalie was going to take a quick clearance, looked up and saw Allan on the halfway line with 5 defenders beside him. No point in launching a high ball then. 

Why Ray Grant decided to square that free kick when we had loaded the box I will never know. Mental decision that led to stirlings second goal.

Getting caught with our pants down at the back after committing everyone forward is what done us midweek too.

On a more positive note I thought Murdoch had his best game for us today and looks to be improving every week as his fitness builds up. 

How we never won today is beyond me…

I would like to give my opinions regarding todays game. People that were shouting McCall get to f**k need to get a grip, he kept us up last year. Everyone is saying “he needs to pick a 11 and keep it”, however if he does that everyone will be annoyed that at least 1 of their players wasn’t included, so time is needed. Putting Hamilton at RB was the right decision, because we can all agree that Hynes, Lyon are complete liabilities. People were complaining about us taking Connell off, although he was clearly gassed out and Leitch played decent in the limited time he had. Their was also shouts about the midfield being non existent which is wrong, Murdoch and Grant where 2 of our best players today. Once Jordan gets a goal he will fly, big Logan just needs to keep learning the position, they are 2 classy strikers that I would like paired together.

3 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

How we never won today is beyond me…

I would like to give my opinions regarding todays game. People that were shouting McCall get to f**k need to get a grip, he kept us up last year. Everyone is saying “he needs to pick a 11 and keep it”, however if he does that everyone will be annoyed that at least 1 of their players wasn’t included, so time is needed. Putting Hamilton at RB was the right decision, because we can all agree that Hynes, Lyon are complete liabilities. People were complaining about us taking Connell off, although he was clearly gassed out and Leitch played decent in the limited time he had. Their was also shouts about the midfield being non existent which is wrong, Murdoch and Grant where 2 of our best players today. Once Jordan gets a goal he will fly, big Logan just needs to keep learning the position, they are 2 classy strikers that I would like paired together.

Would be utterly mental to call for anyone's head after 3 league games with a whole new squad essentially. 

I actually don't agree with Hamilton at right back mind you. Insanity to take one of your best players out of their best position. Scullion was shoehorned in today too, presumably to allow Rennie to play off the right which I think we have moved past. 

Totally agree with Murdoch and Grant mind you. Grant has started this season really well but thought Murdoch was the best player on the pitch today.

Edited by HaleyReinhart

During the summer we knew we were building a decent squad but needed to add a striker. We got Allan who should be able to score goals at this level but I'm just not sure he suits the rest of the team.

Scullion, Connell, Rennie, Connelly, Redfern and Leitch should all be capable of contributing but we need a striker who will link up with them. Allan just wants to take the ball in, turn and shoot every single time.

I'm sure we will find a balance and route to goal in time but it was particularly frustrating today as, despite dominating the whole match, we didn't actually create that many clear shooting opportunities. 

As others have said, putting Hamilton (one of the best centrebacks in the league) at right back is just a nonsense decision. I know he's played right back before in his career but he isn't even particularly good going forward and both Howie and McKay play better when they've got him beside one of them in the centre. Hynes & Lyon aren't great but I'd take either of them if it means keeping Hamilton in his best position.

Fair play to Stirlings centrebacks though, who will probably both have headaches tonight after the number of headers they won today.

Edited by Jaggy Snake