Falkirk πŸ”΅βšͺ️ vs Partick Thistle πŸ”΄ 🟑

Falkirk πŸ”΅βšͺ️ vs Thistle πŸŸ‘πŸ”΄  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Result Prediction

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/24 at 14:00

On 15/08/2024 at 15:07, roman_bairn said:

Amazing how many fellow Falkirk fans would take a draw in a home game that is definitely winnable.

It won’t be easy as I expect Thistle to improve and be up there but I think we can scrape a win here…..

Win the home games always been my go to in any league, the invincible mob tho win every gameΒ 

I picked Partick as my favourite for the league pre a ball was kicked, a long long way to go but hopefully you leave with no points on Saturday tho

7 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Given particks pretty poor start to the season this is a game that we should look to win.

Put them under pressure early and see how they handle it.Β 

There is just as much pressure on Falkirk to keep the run going.Β 

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Not really. We’re not realistically going another full season unbeaten so it’ll happen at some point.

It’s just the next game in a list of hard games in this league.

28 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Not really. We’re not realistically going another full season unbeaten so it’ll happen at some point.

It’s just the next game in a list of hard games in this league.

Yep that pressure to keep the run going has been on the players heads for at least 6-8 months now and they seem to embrace it.

No Falkirk fan expects us not to lose this season, I think the interesting thing will be how we react to it in the following games when it does happen.

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

^ Steven Naismith levels of homework going on hereΒ 

All joking aside I wonder how long our squad/team is going to fly under the radar, both in terms of other teams tactics/picks and potential transfer targets.

Unlike Naismith, I actually think Celtic will take us very seriously, especially given the Rodgers/McGlynn bromance. Naismith got absolutely what he deserved.

29 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

All joking aside I wonder how long our squad/team is going to fly under the radar, both in terms of other teams tactics/picksΒ 

I’m not saying this is what’s going to happen necessarily, but McGlynn’s Raith sides had form for this kind of thing. Start brilliantly, then other teams would start working him out and he wouldn’t have a plan B to change things.Β 

13 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m not saying this is what’s going to happen necessarily, but McGlynn’s Raith sides had form for this kind of thing. Start brilliantly, then other teams would start working him out and he wouldn’t have a plan B to change things.Β 

As you can imagine this is not the first time we have heard this. In all fairness this was a legitimate concern of Falkirk fans in his first season at Falkirk, however, he had inherited a number of players he was saddled with.

Since then he has built his own squad and we've never really needed a "plan B" and this includes umpteen wins against sides in leagues above us. If anything his plan B is to take 2 effective wingers off and replace them with 2 equally effective wingers, we create chances and take risks at the back and front, I dont think any Falkirk fan would have it any other way, even if it means a loss here and there.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

Realistically, the run we're on is eventually just a statistic for the history books - it'll end, we have no doubt.

Although we've had an amazing return to the Championship so far, I am adopting the mantra that it's not how you start that's important, but how you finish.

Our current form is pleasing and hope we'll still be doing as well in May.

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

In fairness, his first season as our manager that's what happened to us, never really noticed much from last season as when teams did try to change it to play against us it was just to stifle us but was only a matter of time and worst case we got a draw.

We know at some point a defeat will come at some point but given the Falkirk of 3 seasons ago where teams expected us to fold or get the fans on the team's back for the mistakes its a different animal this time.Β 

Still put Partick and Raith as favourites in this league but there is little to nothing between many of the teams.
Β 

5 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Kind of echoing what others have said but I reckon the pressure on you comes from the early predictions of favourites for the league.

Not sure how that translates to the fan base or board but can't imagine you'd be happy being 7 or 8 points behind ayr after only 3 games?

Β 

The run doesn't matter now, it's up to 40 league games but achieving the unbeaten in the league last year stands alone and we lost to Ayr in the league cup.Β 

6 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Kind of echoing what others have said but I reckon the pressure on you comes from the early predictions of favourites for the league.

Not sure how that translates to the fan base or board but can't imagine you'd be happy being 7 or 8 points behind ayr after only 3 games?

Β 

The run doesn't matter now, it's up to 40 league games but achieving the unbeaten in the league last year stands alone and we lost to Ayr in the league cup.Β 

There are 36 league games before any playoffs. We haven’t started any worse than we did last season. Sure, not winning will add a bit more pressure, but nothing to panic about yet. As far as Falkirk are concerned, last year’s record is history and means nothing as far as this season is concerned. A bad result or maybe a couple and things might feel a whole lot different for you.

In any case, it should be a great Championship-level game.

Win this and we are back in about it for now - but I fear we are actually in danger of going through August without registering a win. And beyond, given that we have Ayr away in our first league game next month.

Not playing like a team who were placed as one of the favourites. Not enough grit or determination in what we do, in my opinion.

Interestingly BBG is targeting simply "promotion" in his most recent interviews and not necessarily highlighting us winning the league, or at least that's what I took from it.Β 
Β 

Edited by BigMadMental

On 15/08/2024 at 21:35, Swordfishtrombone said:

Any excuse to post this.Β  There will never be a better game between these two teams.

Β 

Β 

What a game. I think there wereΒ around 10,000 there, same at Firhill on the Saturday. I was devastated we lost at the time but great to look back on a brilliant cup tie.

Falkirk were a really good team around then and won the league that season. Thistle were beginning to get there under Lambie, but still had a few players that give me the fear looking back.Β 

Sadly, these type of days have gone forever. Brockville had some atmosphere when it was full, always enjoyed going there.

Β 

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Even if we lose we'll have 6pts out of 9. Something we'd all have taken before a ball was kicked.

Two seasons ago we had 20 points from 10 games and were top of the league. We didn’t get another point until the 16th game. Past form goes for nothing.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Will Thistle bring a few fans on Saturday…….benchmark so far of QP’s couple hundred to beat……….predict 430 max.

Pretty surprised it’s taken until 4 pages Β in for a Falkirk fan to mention the attendance.