Falkirk πŸ”΅βšͺ️ vs Partick Thistle πŸ”΄ 🟑

Falkirk πŸ”΅βšͺ️ vs Thistle πŸŸ‘πŸ”΄  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Result Prediction

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/24 at 14:00

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Nesbitt has been around the block since then and I don’t think he has set the heather alight with anybody else either. So, maybe he has just found the right club with FalkirkΒ 

That's pretty much any player though, you're only as good as the players around you. Unsure of how Partick were back when Nesbitt and MacIver were there but as far as Falkirk goes we are creating chances for them. I'll even go so far to admit before McGlynnn was appointed Nesbitt was a bit like Telfer in that he went missing and never added a fight for the ball into his game which has changed and is one of our key players.

Doolan's pre match interview on Jagzone is a bit odd, it's set up to say we have a really long injury list then proceeds only really to say that Bannigan is back in the squad as they obviously don't want to disclose anything.

So I'm expecting at least one other regular starter apart from Graham to be out tomorrow.Β 

Doubt either of the guys signed today will start , in fact I'd be sceptical about the new magic software registering them in time to be listed.Β 

11 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Doolan's pre match interview on Jagzone is a bit odd, it's set up to say we have a really long injury list then proceeds only really to say that Bannigan is back in the squad as they obviously don't want to disclose anything.

So I'm expecting at least one other regular starter apart from Graham to be out tomorrow.Β 

Doubt either of the guys signed today will start , in fact I'd be sceptical about the new magic software registering them in time to be listed.Β 

We have 4 out injured plus Robinson suspended. It’s possible he is rolling them together. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone else is unavailable though.

On 15/08/2024 at 12:44, SouthStander1876 said:

Would be delighted with a draw in this one.

Seriously, why? On current form we should be looking to beat them. Do you think they will be better than Hearts were last week, or that we will be much worse than we were? My neighbour is a Thistle season-ticket holder. He has told me this week he expects us to win comfortably because they are "rank rotten", although he is always on the pessimistic side when it comes to Thistle. In any case, I'll be very disappointed if we don't win, especially as we are up against a team who don't seem to be inspiring any confidence among their own support and were humped at home by a team two divisions below us just a few weeks ago

Β 

On 15/08/2024 at 15:07, roman_bairn said:

Amazing how many fellow Falkirk fans would take a draw in a home game that is definitely winnable.

Yeah. Also amazing how many would have been happy - and probably still would be happy - to settle for consolidation or, as I would put it, mid-table mediocrityΒ this season. Quite why they don't think we should be pushing to grasp what is a massive opportunity is beyond me

Β Β 

On 19/08/2024 at 08:28, bridge of allan bairn said:

Yep that pressure to keep the run going has been on the players heads for at least 6-8 months now and they seem to embrace it.

No Falkirk fan expects us not to lose this season, I think the interesting thing will be how we react to it in the following games when it does happen.

We lost at Ayr last month - although we could and probably should have won - and the reaction since then has been better than okay, don't you think?Β 

Β 

On 19/08/2024 at 10:39, AL-FFC said:

Still put Partick and Raith as favourites in this league

Why? How many of their players - or managers - would you swap for one of ours? Or any players or managers at any of the other clubs, for that matter? I liked Oakley when we played Ayr, but wouldn't swap him for MacIver, for example. The bookies can't really split Ayr, Raith and ourselves in the title odds, just ahead of Thistle and Livingston. SkyBet have Ayr, Raith, Falkirk and Thistle as 4/1 co-favourites. That will probably change after today when those four teams each play one of the others. At the current odds, I reckon Ayr each-way is the best bet, but only because I've already backed Falkirk at much better oddsΒ πŸ˜‰

Β 

On 20/08/2024 at 11:15, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Even if we lose we'll have 6pts out of 9. Something we'd all have taken before a ball was kicked.

Speak for yourself. When the fixtures were released, I said seven points out of our first three games should be the target. The 'dropped' points were at Dunfermline, but that was before I realised just how much of a mess they are in. We've already beaten two Premiership teams at home in the cup this season. Not winning today should be looked at as points dropped

Β 

19 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

It’s must win for Thistle imhoΒ 

19 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

My must win comment was on the basis that to win the league (almost any league) you can’t afford to drop too many points to challengers. 1pt from 9pts isn’t a great start for any team so for me it feels must win. Or it would in my shoes.Β 

Correct. A home win would also put us eight points clear of one of the teams tipped to win the title (not by me).Β  Yes, it is a marathon rather than a sprint, but I don't think anyone running a marathon would want to let any of their rivals get a mile ahead of them after 1/12 of the race

Β 

11 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Think this’ll be quite a high scoring game. Always enjoy our games v thistle. Over 4.5 goals seems a decent betΒ 

According to Oddschecker, 5-0 is 80/1Β πŸ˜‰

Β 

Just had a look at ticket sales and it's looking very horny atm. Should be around the 6k mark if Partick bring 800 or soΒ 

Hearing Brian Graham isn't actually injured and has simply shat it at the thought of facing Big HendoΒ 

We won’t face anyone better than Hearts in the league this season. I sound like a broken record but if we do what we can do and do it well, we’ll pick up 3pts most weeks. We will have bumps of course but the cup losses to Bonnyrigg, TNS & more recently Ayr Utd, have not done any damage going forward.

COYBΒ 

13 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Think this’ll be quite a high scoring game. Always enjoy our games v thistle. Over 4.5 goals seems a decent betΒ 

Weirdly I think the opposite. I can see it being a really tight 1-0.Β 

I'd rather you were right though!

7 minutes ago, printer said:

Think this could be a cracking game. If I didn't have the attraction of a three and a half hour round trip to Annan I'd likely go along.

Annan is a great day out πŸΊπŸ‘πŸΌ

29 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Less than 450 tickets left for the home end apparently.Β 

Local Jambos must have loved the atmosphere so are coming back for more of the same 🀞

In all seriousness pretty much selling out the home end is to be expected when the team is as doing as well as we are

3 hours ago, choirbairn said:

Β 

Why? How many of their players - or managers - would you swap for one of ours? Or any players or managers at any of the other clubs, for that matter? I liked Oakley when we played Ayr, but wouldn't swap him for MacIver, for example. The bookies can't really split Ayr, Raith and ourselves in the title odds, just ahead of Thistle and Livingston. SkyBet have Ayr, Raith, Falkirk and Thistle as 4/1 co-favourites. That will probably change after today when those four teams each play one of the others. At the current odds, I reckon Ayr each-way is the best bet, but only because I've already backed Falkirk at much better oddsΒ πŸ˜‰

Correct. A home win would also put us eight points clear of one of the teams tipped to win the title (not by me).Β  Yes, it is a marathon rather than a sprint, but I don't think anyone running a marathon would want to let any of their rivals get a mile ahead of them after 1/12 of the race

Β 

According to Oddschecker, 5-0 is 80/1Β πŸ˜‰

Β 

I have enough confidence in our squad to know we will be up there and haven't seen enough of the others to say wouldn't mind them in our squad probably a bit navy blue tinted glasses but I would rather go with mcglynns judgement on a player than say "wish he was in our squad", if it comes down to squad depth then Partick, Raith and Ayr have enough to cover any deficiencies in positions where we are light. Β 

I still think we are 2 players short for a challenge for 1st, but no reason we can't push for a play off. Today will be the biggest test. Β Only 2 clubs I would say that have their shit sorted in this league are Livvy and Ayr and both still have underlying issues, Ayr's main one will be keeping hold of Scott Brown as reckon Hibs will come in for him and Livvy well pitch, funds, etc. Β Other than that I think we are in a good spot. Β other reason is down playing it just take each game at a time and see where we end up. I'd rather stay under the radar and let them focus on each other, like you say its a marathon not a sprint.

Crucial we don’t get ahead of ourselves too much. We’ve had an absolutely brilliant start, but Thistle have been around the top of this league for the last number of years for a reason, and today will be very big test.Β