Inverness Caledonian Thistle Vs Montrose

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

You were f**ked the moment you put Caley on to win or score more than one goal.

It’s a joint coupon and I did criticise them like f**k for picking Caley…

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Called it.

5 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Aye but until Dunc gets punted we’re looking at roughly 3 wins, 3 defeats and 30 draws = 39 points. 

Called it.

22 hours ago, RiG said:

Getting sent off deliberately to spare us his micro penis. 

We might have been spared Gardyne's micro penis but we've still got a large phallus in the dugout. 

We simply have to bin Ferguson before it's too late. The useless jobbie. 

There’s no point of return for Ferguson now. We’ve seen him fail with effectively three different teams now. He’s signed plenty of players and I can’t really think of a good one. I’ve said it before but his style really doesn’t work at any level. You cannot win consistently by passing it sideways and backwards and then chucking on an extra striker at the death to go for it. It’s totally unsustainable. There isn’t a game I go into thinking we’re gonna win.

Edited by Sir Tarmo

Bray motm for me as well. Followed by MacKinnon. Midfield was very cautious and defensive until macleod and Strachan came on. Strachans end product wasn't great, but brought others up the park in a way no other wide player was doing. Thought bringing Brooks on earlier would have been the move to capitalize on being on the front foot.  Ferguson and Thompson entering seemed to kill the energy and mess up the shape. Could quickly tell another goal wasn't coming at that point.

Thought Remi Savage was actually superb today saved us a couple of times. 

Mackinnon & Mcleod were also superb. Bray was amazing MOTM for me.

Who would've thought that changing the formation & playing with actual wide players would make such a difference?!. Luis Longstaff looked so much better out wide. We actually troubled the keeper more then once.

We've had a extra man before & it made no difference we still had like 5 shots all game this time it was well over a dozen we just couldn't find that killer touch. 

Lovely goal from Mackinnon 👏 

Still frustrating we dropped 2 points there today missed chance after chance one or 2 of them being sitters

I'm afraid it might be too little too late for Big Dunc should've tried to make these changes last season not 3 league games into this campaign cause he was told to change by our new CEO.

There was still times where we should've been more urgent & ruthless but his horseshoe football held us back. 

I just feel a new manager will take us that step further. A proper clean slate. Surely anything other then a win next week against Kelty will be deemed unacceptable we need to kick start this season before we're in another relegation scrap.

Edited by Connor Macleod

14 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Does he say you completely dominated every game?

Yes. ‘Excellent’ and ‘dominated’ feature around 17 times per interview. We’ve usually drawn the game.

Would have taken a point up in Inverness before a ball was kicked so more than happy with a battling point after playing the second half with 10 men. Dillon’s second yellow was fair, but thought the first was harsh. 

great finish by Hester for the opener and Cammy gill made a good save tipping onto the post to keep us ahead at the break. He continued where he left off in the second half with a couple of really good saves. 

we were always going to be under the cosh for second half, good finish from Adam Mackinnon (who I rated highly during his loan spell with us) after a good build up levelled it but we defended well after that. Last few minutes Caley seemed happy to play sideways 35 yards out. 

can Caley afford to sack big dunc? Major slide in place just now considering just over a year ago you were playing in the Scottish cup final. Worrying times I would think? 

credit to the much maligned Ryan Williamson who was outstanding second half, defending well and being an out ball for counter attacks.

onwards to QOS next week for the televised game, Dillon will be a big miss but would like to see Craig Smith start rather than moving Steeves inside to centre half   

32 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

can Caley afford to sack big dunc?

Caley Thistle can't afford not to sack Big Dunce. And it needs to be done before it's too late. We've a decent squad that should be challenging for promotion, but that won't happen with Ferguson in charge! 

6 hours ago, football maniac said:

Just checking to see if the trialist Montrose had was Keir Bertie? Stewart Petrie mentioned a lad released by Dundee United called Keir featured so I can only assume its him. 

Yeah that was him got the last 20 mins I'm told.

I left the stadium right on the final whistle and have read there was a bit of a carry on in the North Stand? I also read that Ferguson was on pitch so hopefully that’s him saying goodbye.

I was told before the game by someone I’d class as ITK that he’s been given 3 games to save his job and Christie and Savage expect 2 wins from those 3. If this is true when he needs to win the next 2 or he’s away.

8 hours ago, football maniac said:

Just checking to see if the trialist Montrose had was Keir Bertie? Stewart Petrie mentioned a lad released by Dundee United called Keir featured so I can only assume its him. 

Yes, came in towards the end of the game, hard to make any impact when Montrose were defending for the draw 

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I left the stadium right on the final whistle and have read there was a bit of a carry on in the North Stand? I also read that Ferguson was on pitch so hopefully that’s him saying goodbye.

I left bang on full time as well could hear the booing from the Kessock bridge. 

From what I've heard it was just a load of abuse directed mainly towards Big Dunc think a few players got it as well one of them probably being Ferguson Jnr. Couple of fans didn't like it. One in particular won't be taking his daughter back till it's been addressed. Apparently she was scared by them

Calling for the Support Trust to take action as well cause one of their own who I presume was Baino was bang in the middle of the group.