Crimes Against Humanity

41 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Using someone else's desk is unhygienic. 

That's how you get the shits.

When God was a boy, I worked at a business with a few hundred employees and customers hotdesking constantly, using the same keyboards and mice for years without them ever being cleaned. Mentioned that it might be a good idea to get them regularly sanitised, but was ignored. At a meeting with management, I brought up the fact that all the peripherals would be absolutely hoaching with arse bacteria considering how few people actually wash their hands, and brought along the results of a few studies I'd found to back me up. Most were horrified and disgusted, with their solution being that I should never, ever bring this up again as it was disgusting to think about. "I eat my lunch at my desk, you know" was one angry comment.

21 minutes ago, BFTD said:

When God was a boy, I worked at a business with a few hundred employees and customers hotdesking constantly, using the same keyboards and mice for years without them ever being cleaned. Mentioned that it might be a good idea to get them regularly sanitised, but was ignored. At a meeting with management, I brought up the fact that all the peripherals would be absolutely hoaching with arse bacteria considering how few people actually wash their hands, and brought along the results of a few studies I'd found to back me up. Most were horrified and disgusted, with their solution being that I should never, ever bring this up again as it was disgusting to think about. "I eat my lunch at my desk, you know" was one angry comment.

Folk who eat stinking reheated meals at their desk in an open office 🤬

A thousand (arse bacteria) plagues on their houses.

Mumblerap.

Might be going a bit "no, its the children who are wrong" but if, say, something in the cheesy 80s Slick Rick style storytime or some of the harsher 90s stuff came on in the car I'd leave on in the radio.

Anything sounding like the 00s/10s examples below id be switching off as fast as humanly possible

17 hours ago, BFTD said:

I wonder which of the ingredients stopped being available in the seven years it was off the shelves.

Probably none, but they’ll be looking to avoid the sugar tax.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

Mouses surely?

57 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Mouses surely?

I'd no idea that the plural of mouse is debated; I wonder when that shit started. Never heard anyone refer to 'mouses' before. Apparently there are also eejits who say that it isn't a mouse if it's wireless  :huh:

I propose solving this conflict by calling them 'mousey click clicks'.

26 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'd no idea that the plural of mouse is debated; I wonder when that shit started. Never heard anyone refer to 'mouses' before. Apparently there are also eejits who say that it isn't a mouse if it's wireless  :huh:

I propose solving this conflict by calling them 'mousey click clicks'.

I wasn't sure so I googled - apparently both are acceptable. 

As we're inevitably doing accents, Estuary English drove me f**king mad for years when I lived among it. Not even the Glasgow Uni accent beats that.