Dundee Utd v St. Mirren

6 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Was on nightshift last night. Just woke up and missed the game obviously.

How did United actually line up?

Holt played in front of the defence with Babunski further forward.

I thought Adegboyega was decent at RCB today after looking pretty dodgy against County.

21 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

More comfortable than expected

Yeah, even when we were firing actually decent balls into the box in the final 20, we really never looked like scoring and I think you were pretty comfortable.

11 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, even when we were firing actually decent balls into the box in the final 20, we really never looked like scoring and I think you were pretty comfortable.

To be fair, those three diddy centre halfs we have are at their best at defending hoofball. Turn them and we are in trouble

Smyth getting some stick on here but while he didn't have a particularly good game he didn't hide unlike others.

Tanser has no excuses about being tired and played today like a full back. Didn't cross the half way line and constantly passed back to whoever gave him the ball. Showed zero bravery and running. Hid.

Idowu looked disinterested and like Tanser and Mandron hid most of the game - no running off the ball, no closing down, no busting a gut. And how many times did Idowu and Mandron get caught in possession?

I felt sorry for Smyth as he picked the ball up from defence, looked up and had few options especially on the left. When Taylor, Brown and Sutherland came on we suddenly looked like we wanted to compete..

Smyth wasn't great but far from the poorest on show today.

13 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I notice in his interview Stephen Robinson has confirmed he was watching a different game to the rest of us.

He did the same after Aberdeen match. Guarantee it's not a reflection of his actual opinions: we're up against it a bit with injuries and he'll be chatting shit to deflect.

Decent performance though St Mirren obviously jaded from midweek. We've got some real quality in Trapanovski, Babunski and Ferry, who was man of the match again for me. Defence much better and helped by the extra man in midfield protecting them more. Stephenson looks a tidy player. 

1 hour ago, Arabthebrave said:

This aged well big man playing with a cigar out 

Weirdly the one time we did get at him, he lunged in with a hopeless late challenge and picked up one of the more obvious yellows you'll ever see. It was very frustrating we didn't then target him more.