Arbroath's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Arbroath's next permanent manager?  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I mean I don’t think I’d be against it he seems like a well respected guy and someone that would be well liked. Would be a big job for him however would know this league inside out and players inside out. Have plenty of contacts too. Be a big decision for him and Arbroath too though, would be a decent back up centre half and all. 

Who would he have as his assistant?

I mentioned his name privately but didn't know how it would go down so kept it off here, 

I'd be ok with that and think he would be well liked, I've spoke to him a few times when he does his coaching classes ans he is a really nice guy and comes across really well,

Back this over the usual names thrown about, went down the experienced route with McIntyre and that was a disaster 

Don't know if it's a sideways move but Michael Tidser's Kelty play some excellent football when they are on it and I do feel they are at the peak of their powers doing well in League 1. There's not an awful lot of scope to improve. Be interesting to see if he was given a bigger team if he could replicate it elsewhere.

Ignoring any feasibility I'd pick him to replace Andy Graham if he was to leave tomorrow. Don't know if I've ever seen him linked with bigger moves just yet.

14 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

I mentioned his name privately but didn't know how it would go down so kept it off here, 

I'd be ok with that and think he would be well liked, I've spoke to him a few times when he does his coaching classes ans he is a really nice guy and comes across really well,

Back this over the usual names thrown about, went down the experienced route with McIntyre and that was a disaster 

I mean there is an awful lot of similarities between him and Jim Goodwin. I don’t just mean because they’re both Irish. 😂

A good lad (who is also local which ticks some of the boxes some people want) with really good contacts and knows this league inside out and would also be a handy option to have at back if in an injury crisis. I quite like the thought of it

9 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Don't know if it's a sideways move but Michael Tidser's Kelty play some excellent football when they are on it and I do feel they are at the peak of their powers doing well in League 1. There's not an awful lot of scope to improve. Be interesting to see if he was given a bigger team if he could replicate it elsewhere.

Ignoring any feasibility I'd pick him to replace Andy Graham if he was to leave tomorrow. Don't know if I've ever seen him linked with bigger moves just yet.

Andy Graham done very well. Not sure what Alloa fans thought when he took over but it’s worked out anyway.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Andy Graham done very well. Not sure what Alloa fans thought when he took over but it’s worked out anyway.

There was a surprising amount of negativity about being the budget option which you might soon be experiencing...

We got beat off Edinburgh his first week but going on a winning run helped dispel any dissenters. Simplified the formation, built on confidence but I will say with Andy we've not seen any massive revolution in recruitment yet and that's usually the deciding factor of a manager. Just last year's loan of Sutherland (who's some player for his age) and this year just Thomson, Nevans and Waters have been Andy Graham signings. Waters is excellent and what we were crying out for in last seasons squad. Nevans and Thomson look decent prospects without any spectacular displays just yet.

32 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

No a bad shout to be fair, but think the thinking will depend on results with the caretaker duo, if results pick up, can see them being offered the gig, never know Gold and Hamilton, might be a managerial powerhouse in the making

Surprised Alec Cleland hasn't been mentioned for a good while he was linked with quite a few jobs.

As for Sean Dillon if he was to take his first steps into management I'd guess he would probably go with someone like Graham Gartland who he seems pretty friendly with.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Hands off please 😆

I've been hugely impressed with Tidser. We'll be luck to keep him beyond this season potentially.

Just now, leomessi1984 said:

Hands off please 😆

I've been hugely impressed with Tidser. We'll be luck to keep him beyond this season potentially.

Tell you what replace Tidser with Callaghan and he would make Arbroath tick for sure.

3 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Tell you what replace Tidser with Callaghan and he would make Arbroath tick for sure.

He's still a class act on the pitch which is a real asset to us. We thought Callaghan was in the bag for us too, weird how things work out sometimes l.

6 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Hands off please 😆

Flown under the radar far too long imo.

8 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

That's a good call tbf. Tidser's star is very much on the rise at the moment.

I'd be surprised if we appointed anyone already at a club.

First of all, I'm assuming there was a not insignificant expense in removing McIntyre so I'm not sure we'd compound that by paying a fee to take someone who is employed.

Secondly, the clubs reputation have taken a bit of battering over the last year and I'm not sure anyone that we'd want would leave a job to come to us.

21 minutes ago, permalicht said:

Darren and Derek young in the dugout next I believe, if not it’ll be Ray McKinnon as he is good mates with Paul Reid.

These cannot be the best available, ffs