Match Outcome  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/24 at 13:59

Strange to say it, as it’s never pleasant to chuck a 2 goal lead, but pretty happy with a point today.

We’ve been such a mess that it was unlikely that we would suddenly start winning games after 2 years of pish so 2 goals and a point will do me at the moment.

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He’s a really good keeper. 

He made an absolutely terrific save before we scored the rebound for 2-2 as well. His reflexes and bravery are superb. 

Ali Spalding looks a bit of a player too. Faded a bit towards the end but reminded me a bit of Finlay Gray in his early time with us. 

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

He made an absolutely terrific save before we scored the rebound for 2-2 as well. His reflexes and bravery are superb. 

Ali Spalding looks a bit of a player too. Faded a bit towards the end but reminded me a bit of Finlay Gray in his early time with us. 

Spalding has either looked like a young laddie or been fkn brilliant there is no inbetween. He’s won 2 man of the matches out of the 4 starts he’s had previous to this. 

I think on the whole McIntyre has signed well but we really need more in middle for the park. I imagine there’ll be 3 more signings to come so whoever is making them hopefully gets them right 

35 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Game of 2 half's with the wind?

I wouldn't say so, I'd say a game of Dumbarton's tactics. Arbroath started the right way, they were compact, gave very little away and had a clear plan. They really should've been 2 or 3 up. Dumbarton were all over the place with no idea how to play out through the wind. In the second half we looked like we were hoping that the wind would change things in our favour but Arbroath got a second and it looked a long way back. That was until Farrell made 2 subs and changed to a 352. Arbroath fell to pieces and every time we went forward we could've scored. Cammy Clark was excellent at left centre back and getting Shiels and Carlo involved further up made a huge difference. Big Mumbongo caused all sorts of bother and should really have won us the match with his chance in the last minute. McAdam and Long both deserve credit, they've won their respective teams a point there. 

Another fixture gone by and nothing to fear in this league. It's going to be really interesting seeing how this year plays out. 

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Without seeing the game, I'm not too unhappy with that.  We scored 2 goals, and our traditional late game collapse didn't result in our usual defeat.   

You were lucky to get a point in the end. At half time I thought Arbroath should have had a couple more at but, by full time we should have had 5 or 6 more... 😂

Edited by squeezebox-son

It's definitely no coincidence that we dominated that when we changed formation. What a difference pushing Shiels further forward and bringing on Mumbongo (who will be gutted not to have put on of his chances away).

Some game for the neutral that, though.

A wee note that, although Tony Wallace was one of our most consistent performers last season, he is really struggling this season. So far, he just seems to be too slow and getting caught on the ball. Which is the opposite to last season, where he always used/kept possession really well.

I can't believe how little Arbroath pressed us from goal kicks and stuff in the first half, because when they had corners or set plays we were proper backs against the wall.

24 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

You were lucky to get a point in the end. At half time I thought Arbroath should have had a couple more at but, by full time we should have had 5 or 6 more... 😂

Honestly, it was just exciting seeing us actually score anything other than a pointless late consolation goal.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I wouldn't say so, I'd say a game of Dumbarton's tactics. Arbroath started the right way, they were compact, gave very little away and had a clear plan. They really should've been 2 or 3 up. Dumbarton were all over the place with no idea how to play out through the wind. In the second half we looked like we were hoping that the wind would change things in our favour but Arbroath got a second and it looked a long way back. That was until Farrell made 2 subs and changed to a 352. Arbroath fell to pieces and every time we went forward we could've scored. Cammy Clark was excellent at left centre back and getting Shiels and Carlo involved further up made a huge difference. Big Mumbongo caused all sorts of bother and should really have won us the match with his chance in the last minute. McAdam and Long both deserve credit, they've won their respective teams a point there. 

Another fixture gone by and nothing to fear in this league. It's going to be really interesting seeing how this year plays out. 

I'm not having a pop at yourself Moonster, but I seem to recall getting hounded on here for suggesting that the switch to 3-5-2 at Inverness got us a point.  When we throw in today and the turnaround against Alloa when Mumbongo entered we are beginning to see a pattern emerge, no ?

And if today proved anything it is that Carlo and Matty are far better further forward than playing full back.  I thought Cammy Clark was excellent when he came on and it was significant that Arbroath disappeared as an attacking force when we finally jolted into life thanks to these changes.

I'm really hoping Faz is paying attention and that we also take some tablets for this bad case of shortcorneritis we are suffering from.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Hope 36 points will be enough to stay up.

We've been the first to do a few things in Scottish football so why not add invincible and relegation to the list.

It's a strange feeling being disappointed at not winning from two goals down with less than twenty minutes left. After today and the Alloa game two weeks ago, if we keep having games like them I fear I won't see Christmas.

3 hours ago, FifeSons said:

1 defeat in 16 league games, including the playoffs, and have come from behind in every league game. Great battling spirit. Got to be pleased with that, especially after missing the pen at 2-0 down late on. Would be nice to win a game sometime, though.

Didn't we score first against Alloa? Or am misremembering?

Brett Long made some superb saves in the first half. The wind and route one football from the opposition had us all at sea.

I assume given the score at full time that the second half was different, as I buggered off at 3.45 because I had somewhere else to be.

4 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Brett Long made some superb saves in the first half. The wind and route one football from the opposition had us all at sea.

I assume given the score at full time that the second half was different, as I buggered off at 3.45 because I had somewhere else to be.

What happened in the first half where Abroath should have had another couple... happened the opposite way around, except we could have scored 5 more than the 2 we got.