Table topping Ayr V Manager less Raith

So we made it 3 from 3 yesterday, I missed it as I was travelling back after a trip to the Isle of Lewis. By the sounds of it we were worth the win but gave away some chances which Hamilton took. 

Watret needs to play and given Frankie pulled up with a hamstring injury (shock) that will happen. Just hope brown doesn’t go back to playing Mcallister at RB. I think Rus will be ok as people have said he was still walking ok at the end of the game.

i know there have been suggestions that Brown will be in the opposite dug out but it’s no happening. I’m going to go 4-2 Ayr and brown to give it the big GIRFUY to the raith fans in the away end at full time. Scorers for Ayr Henderson rus and Dowds with the goals coming from the ex Ayr contingent 

Making it 3 from 3 has been satisfying. The result against Airdrie was seen as a statement of intent about what we want to do in this league but i reckon that if we can get a result against Raith, Partick and Falkirk then we'd really be showing that we're legitimate challengers. Buzzing like an old fridge for this. Hopefully Raith being without a manager and us carrying the momentum from our last 3 games will see us win. They also look to be lacking in goals, but that might be just have been Murray's management style. 

2-0 Ayr. 

Wow, a thread I can comment on that isn't to do with who or who isn't going to be our new manager.

We won here twice last season but both games were pretty close. A loss here would mean we are already 9 points behind Ayr in the title race so I'd hope the players will put in a shift and prevent that.

Vibes says home win but I've got a feeling we might just sneak this one. 1-0 to Raith.

Kinda hoping that Raith are still mangerless by the game don't want to be victim of the new manager bounce, only change would be the Ayrshire Cafu Watret starting, predicting the good times to continue 2-0 Ayr, Dowds and Henderson with the goals.

Much of the pre match build up will be the narrative about what dugout Brown will be in. I’m still confident he’ll stay however our kit man confirming that he stays in Edinburgh and travels down to Ayr everyday is giving me the fear slightly. The quicker Raith appoint a manager the better. 

On the game given our start to the season I’d probably accept a draw here on the understanding we go up to EEP the following Saturday and take the 3 points. A win however would be a massive statement of intent and at that point I think we can seriously start to believe we can mount a title challenge. 

Teamwise I’d be given a start to Watret even if Musonda is fit. He was fantastic when he came on and obviously assisted the winner. Really hope Rus knock isn’t anything to worry about as he is probably the most inform player in the league at the moment. 

This will be a good acid test for both sides. Raith played us off the park at Somerset this time last year and we were miles away from them that day. Saying that, this is an entirely different Ayr side and I would like to think we would be the ones making all the running on Saturday. Raith may have Yogi or McIntyre in post by the time this game comes around and they'll be wanting to put in a good showing for their new manager and avoid us creating a 9 point gap over them.

I'll go with a home win but I expect Raith to run it very close. 

Not hugely confident but if the keeper, back 4 (possibly with Hanlon back for Dick) and Byrne play as well as they did against Partick we will hopefully be hard to beat. 

Against Partick we seemed to be playing a vertical 3 in the middle and that gave us more of a link from front to back. Only issue is if Brown is back he would be in the middle pushing Stanton in to the 10 role which I don't think he's as effective in.

21 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Raith may have Yogi or McIntyre in post by the time this game comes around

There is more chance of Scott Brown being our new manager that either of those!

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Much of the pre match build up will be the narrative about what dugout Brown will be in. I’m still confident he’ll stay however our kit man confirming that he stays in Edinburgh and travels down to Ayr everyday is giving me the fear slightly. The quicker Raith appoint a manager the better. 

He's stayed in Edinburgh pretty much his whole adult life and it hasn't stopped him playing for Celtic or Aberdeen and managing Fleetwood.

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Watret in for Musonda for the lineup. 

Stanton and Hamilton in to the bench.  

9-0 Ayr. 

If your talking Jack Hamilton he's out for at least 6 weeks.

As the season has progressed, more teams have worked out that Musonda isn't a right back and Saturday was the first time it cost us, with him getting injured and an international window coming up, he'll most likely miss out. 

Three wins out of three for us, but as I said last week, we know there is a kick in the balls in the post somewhere but we should be looking to win this, take advantage of Raith not having a manager. 

3-3

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

As the season has progressed, more teams have worked out that Musonda isn't a right back

To be fair we had worked that one out a few years ago.

Getting the feeling McAllister will start this one with Musonda out injured.  Watret might be used for coming off the bench last 30 mins like he done on Saturday.  Rest of the team picks itself, with hopefully seeing Devlin on the bench.  Still feel we're a centre mid short with Syla our only replacement so you never know if someone is far off signing.

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Musonda still keeping his consistent form of injuries I see. 

Always happens a few weeks prior to going on international duty.  Will 100% not play now until he rocks up in Zambia for a couple of international games.