Stranraer v Elgin City

Each team won one home game and one away fixture against the opposition from the 4 matches last season. I think I'd probably take a point on this occasion. Stranraer have had a tough start playing three of the favourites for the top 4 so far and I think will pull away from the current bottom two with time. It'll be interesting to see how Robbie Foster does after his dad tried desperately to get his son a move to Elgin. Will he be marked by the player involved in the longest distance transfer within Scottish football (maybe) in Kyle Girvan or his ex Huntly team mate Lyall Booth? I'm going 2-2, Dajon Golding and Jack Murray to score for City.

A long trek but we should be targeting three points imo. We’ve managed a win at Stair Park for two season running and we should be aiming to beat Stranraer as it is. And as said above, will be great if we can keep the momentum going after a short break

Pretty poor game today. Elgin should have been 2 or 3 ahead by halftime. Stranraer with only 1 good shot. 

2nd half we creeped more into it as elgin got worse. Then a daft foul by McIntosh out wide. Freekick in our goalie punched fresh air. Header in a gift from another set piece. We scored when robertson glanced a good header in shortly later. We'll take the point after being poor.

Edited by Blue1870
Spelling

15 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Pretty poor game today. Elgin should have been 2 or 3 ahead by halftime. Stranraer with only 1 good shot. 

2nd half we creeped more into it as elgin got worse. Then a daft foul by McIntosh out wide. Freekick in our goalie punched fresh air. Header in a gift from another set piece. We scored when robertson glanced a good header in shortly later. We'll take the point after being poor.

Rescued again by one or other of Robertson/Gallagher.

Yet down to second bottom of the league.

Wondering whether this team isn't playing, or whether, really, the manager has run out of ideas.

Cannot keep producing the ".. we're playing the well-fancied teams.."  theme forever.

Edited by beefybake

Probably the right result at the end of the day i felt draper got lucky with what looked like a shirt pull near the edge of the box and a good few chances from us that probably would of changed the game but poor defending from both teams to for each of the goals 

My first visit to Stair Park, and I’m glad I was able to watch a League match after the heroics v East Kilbride, which I’d had to follow on Twitter, and which had made me very happy.

Elgin were the stronger of the two sides on Saturday, arguably deserving the win, and were physically the stronger with the more know-how. Stranraer were very lightweight in attack- Edgar needs to show much more desire than he did and was easily dominated, but Dunlop (Airdrie loanee) was probably the best home performer, first half especially, always looking to make things happen.

The home fans were openly dreading set pieces, and how right they were, though fair play to Stranraer for not giving up and equalising late on.

On this showing Elgin are set fair for a decent campaign but Stranraer might be up for another long slog.

Thoroughly enjoyable visit to a lovely town and a good stadium.

• 2 weeks later...