Motherwell Vs Hearts - 25/08/24

9 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Excellent against Rangers and Plizen. That's two out of four where we've not been awful.

Agreed. We've not looked awful when we've played a settled defence.

A common theme even in the better performances is a lack of cutting edge, though. Hopefully that changes tomorrow because there's a danger we could fall off the pace in the next few weeks if we're not careful.

Encouraged by the performance on Thursday. Got back to what we've been good at before. I expect we'll take a few more risks in advanced positions on Sunday, as it's a completely different dynamic.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Motherwell is a good away, and I think this is a pretty interesting fixture in terms of both side's season.

No idea what to expect, but three points would be a tremendous result.

Edited by VincentGuerin

I don’t think anyone has a clue what our starting line up will be. We’ve been extremely competitive so far without being good so I’d expect the same today. I’d imagine a one goal win or more likely a draw being the final result. 

It's really difficult to predict what Naismith will do. Even picking what formation he will choose.

There are players that need games. Halkett and Boyce are two of them. I think Halkett can play an hour alongside Kingsley and Kent. Boyce can come on for the last half hour. These two need to be match fit and it might take half a season to get Halkett back to what he was.

Lovely day for it. I hope Well fans look forward to talking about football again rather than a host of other distractions and faff.

Hearts feel like a bear with a wounded paw at present, just not clicking how anyone thought they would. Even if you rest your preferred starters for Thursday, your second string is still tasty.

On a slick pitch daisy cutters are the order of the day.

2-2

The main (only?) positive for us at this early stage has been a new found solidity at the back after last year's pish - interesting to see how that fares against a decent side (although we've already looked broadly fine against Killie and Rangers). Up front, I'd like to see last week's subs in from the start if possible although I would expect Kettlewell will be tempted to throw them on after the hour again. Midfield still a bin fire - don't expect any tears being shed in the away end for the loss of Halliday...

I assume players like Dhanda and Spittal were signed for precisely this sort of game where Hearts are coming off a Thursday in Europe - so we'll no doubt be seeing plenty of them. Spittal will remind us of the large hole he's left in our squad which doesn't look like being filled any time soon.

Not confident at all of a win here - a draw would be decent enough/manageable. 

Not overly confident as Hearts are a decent side despite a fairly slow start to the season. 

Think 1 goal will win it either way. Last season we knew we would score but there was no chance of a clean sheet. This season it's been the opposite so far (cue 3-0 Hearts with some awful defending and Oxborough channelling his inner Liam Kelly). 

Possibly a sign of the ageing process, my first thought today was that our lovely pitch will cut up in this weather.

Another sign was the amount of time I spent considering if it was aging or ageing.

2 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Any parking tips for the away end? Was looking at Dalzell Avenue via shields road?

You can't access Dalzell Drive by car from Shields Road but theres a set of steps so anything in or around the tower would be my shout for a quick getaway. Don't know what the parking is like on matchday however.

7 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

You can't access Dalzell Drive by car from Shields Road but theres a set of steps so anything in or around the tower would be my shout for a quick getaway. Don't know what the parking is like on matchday however.

Perfect mate👍