St Mirren v Celtic 25.08.24 12.00 kick off.

18 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair enough, but zero chance we're picking four centre halves. I hope not, anyway.

Totally agree. Problem is we don't have anyone to play with Toy who can put in a shift with Kiltie and McMenimen out. Maybe Scott. Or maybe Sutherland!

3 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Totally agree. Problem is we don't have anyone to play with Toy who can put in a shift with Kiltie and McMenimen out. Maybe Scott. Or maybe Sutherland!

I'd expect us to go similar to what we did with Brann. After all, they have been the best team imo that I've seen pass the ball about against us (the home leg at least) and as Celtic are of similar quality I can see us sticking to a similar game plan. Toyosi and possibly Ayunga/Mandron up top. 

Phillips may step in straight away if we dont have the numbers available in midfield from our bad run of injuries. 

Sadly can only see a normal routine win for Celtic.

Also think we will have a smaller home support than recent games against Celtic. 

Poor weather, game on telly with shite k/o time and with a walk up price of £35, i don't think many non season ticket holders will pay that. 

As the club tend to count all season ticket holders, a crowd of around  5700 will be given.

6 hours ago, tam the bud said:

Also think we will have a smaller home support than recent games against Celtic. 

Poor weather, game on telly with shite k/o time and with a walk up price of £35, i don't think many non season ticket holders will pay that. 

As the club tend to count all season ticket holders, a crowd of around  5700 will be given.

I love your positivity. 

2-1 Saints. 

15 hours ago, tam the bud said:

£35 is outrageous 

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

£35 is outrageous 

It i.s

Used to be saints had very few non season ticket holders who would turn up when playing the Glasgow 2 so it didn't matter what we charged them. 

Now we have around 1500 non season tickets holders who turned up at most home games and are now expected to pay £35 for this game.

Just don't see it happening. 

Hope i am wrong on both accounts. 

Edited by tam the bud

16 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

It i.s

Used to be saints had very few non season ticket holders who would turn up when playing the Glasgow 2 so it didn't matter what we charged them. 

Now we have around 1500 non season tickets holders who turned up at most home games and are now expected to pay £35 for this game.

Just don't see it happening. 

Hope i am wrong on both accounts. 

Sometimes feels like clubs don’t realise that Sunday lunchtime matches with the probability of comfortable defeat aren’t really that much fun. Add in the content from the away support and it really isn’t an exciting prospect. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sometimes feels like clubs don’t realise that Sunday lunchtime matches with the probability of comfortable defeat aren’t really that much fun. Add in the content from the away support and it really isn’t an exciting prospect. 

Fair. I think there's also a quiet acknowledgement that many of the walk-ups might not be St Mirren fans. 

We'd all prefer the home stands to be full of Saints fans with cheap/free tickets but all the factors you've mentioned make it a tough sell.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair. I think there's also a quiet acknowledgement that many of the walk-ups might not be St Mirren fans. 

We'd all prefer the home stands to be full of Saints fans with cheap/free tickets but all the factors you've mentioned make it a tough sell.

The facts are the green pound and the Sky dosh are already paid for,the clubs have their piece of pie.
It's just the football to take care of,the inability to separate the two from the diddies on here is their biggest problem.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The reality is that playing either half of the cheeks is no longer a big deal. 

The days of folk forking out £35 to watch their team sit in and try for a point, or take an absolute tanking are gone. 
It’s never going to be a level playing field in terms of resources so you can’t expect fans to turn up in big numbers when there is practically zero chance of achieving a result. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Add in the content from the away support and it really isn’t an exciting prospect. 

Saints fans go to watch their team as do Celtic fans,if any fan uses the excuse like this they're not a true supporter M8.

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

It’s never going to be a level playing field in terms of resources so you can’t expect fans to turn up in big numbers when there is practically zero chance of achieving a result.

And yet when and if it happens you enjoy it more.

19 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

have you ever watched the ticket office when either of them are in town? it’s not easy getting a ticket out of our staff as you need be already registered on our system 😲 walk ups have to provide an email address and have 3 attempts to do it

if at the ground early have a wee look and you’ll get a laugh 😂 

4 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Saints fans go to watch their team as do Celtic fans,if any fan uses the excuse like this they're not a true supporter M8.

Don't try to equate St Mirren fans and Celtic fans, they're not remotely comparable. St Mirren fans don't sing songs glamourising terrorists who killed hundreds of innocent people in my lifetime. There's a fundamental difference between them. I can see you don't understand how decent people wouldn't want to listen to 90 minutes of hate.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Don't try to equate St Mirren fans and Celtic fans, they're not remotely comparable. St Mirren fans don't sing songs glamourising terrorists who killed hundreds of innocent people in my lifetime. There's a fundamental difference between them. I can see you don't understand how decent people wouldn't want to listen to 90 minutes of hate.

I couldn't careless what is sung at a football match M8,i'm there to watch the football and my team.
Point the finger if you want fans have a right to sing what they want and it should never be taking away.
Feck the offended.

2 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

I couldn't careless what is sung at a football match M8,i'm there to watch the football and my team.
Point the finger if you want fans have a right to sing what they want and it should never be taking away.
Feck the offended.

Screenshot_20240802_221744_Chrome.thumb.jpg.437b4ee064dc56c36b068ad3370f45eb.jpg

Feck the offended.

20240510_124357.jpg

Feck the offended.

That's exactly right. Generally speaking, Celtic fans are bad people and don't care.

That's why many decent people choose not to be in a football ground with thousands of them.