Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

7 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

You just air brushing Alex Smith’s era out of history then? 🤡

Alex Smith/Jocky Scott era

I'll gladly airbrush the Alex Smith solo era out of history.

I can't remember if it was the cup defeat at home to Airdrieonians (1878-2002) or the defeat by B 1903 that I joined the baying mob at the Main Stand for a rendition of 'Smithy must go'

Edited by Bogbrush1903

8 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Possibly, but he can’t say he hasn’t had a decent chance.

He’s only scored in 2 games out of 7 I think it is.

Played against East Kilbride, Airdrie, St Johnstone, St Mirren & Airdrie & not scored, and, by & large, been fairly anonymous. 
He just doesn’t look quite enough to be a Dons no.9. 
Poor touch & his one on one finishing isn’t good enough IMO. 

I’m pleased we’re signing a new striker, albeit I’d rather it wasn’t one who’s likely to be injured most of the time.

My hope (naive maybe?) is that there’s a good striker in Scandinavia we can’t get until their season ends in December, but available to join us in January. 

Stavrum?

2 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

3 pages of Aberdeen fans moaning about McInnes, wow. 

Had sort of written tomorrow off as its a tough place to go at the best of times and we are clearly struggling as a squad to juggle it all. 

Now hoping we can pull something out the bag just to get a good laugh at the tears that might produce. 

I do like positive attitudes. 

19 minutes ago, scoobles said:

If VAR had been on the go when Stavrum was then he would have scored many more goals. The amount of wrong offsides against him was criminal.

And a penalty at Ibrox. (I know, I know)

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

:whistle What made Darvel famous,

Made a loser out of me :whistle

A great cover single by Rod Stewart, although it'll never quite match the the other side of the double A side record, Angel, which was another brilliant cover.

3 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

3 pages of Aberdeen fans moaning about McInnes, wow. 

Had sort of written tomorrow off as its a tough place to go at the best of times and we are clearly struggling as a squad to juggle it all. 

Now hoping we can pull something out the bag just to get a good laugh at the tears that might produce. 

Just to be clear, you had written this game off, but now some people said things about your manager you’ve decided to hope you can win? 

On 23/08/2024 at 11:51, craigkillie said:

This will be a fringe team obviously, but not a rubbish one. Wonder if Ndaba will be fit enough to think about starting it, Deas and someone else at centre-back, probably Anderson and Wales up front, probably another rare start for GMS and maybe Armstrong on the other wing, and presumably Polworth and one other in the middle.

Mciness seemed determined that Europe was the priority still after defeat on Thursday. 
Yes still 90 minutes to go but surely question is need start getting points on the board domestically. With international break coming up  

1 hour ago, Moorie said:

Mciness seemed determined that Europe was the priority still after defeat on Thursday. 
Yes still 90 minutes to go but surely question is need start getting points on the board domestically. With international break coming up  

We have loads of time to get points on the board in the league, but we'll rarely if ever have the chance we have on Thursday night to set up the club financially for the next decade. Two of our first three league fixtures (Celtic away and Aberdeen away) are usually 0 points for us anyway, so there's not really much lost even if we completely wrote off this game - which we won't do anyway, it'll still be a weakened team but not a bunch of 18 year-olds or anything.

48 minutes ago, MikeAFC94 said:

Hopefully the VAR officials aren't snoozing this time around

They were still putting the milk in their coffee in the first ten seconds last time.

Despite everything, I still expect this to be our biggest challenge so far this season.

I am hoping Vassell doesn't start as I could see him getting some joy by dropping onto the left side of our defence; Molloy has been broadly fine but is still a work in progress and has occasionally struggled against some of the more physical centre-forwards he has encountered to date. 

We have mostly looked fine when defending set plays and from crosses so far under Thelin, but you always know that's how McInnes teams like to create chances so it will be important to have Rubezic back and hopefully we see the imperious version of him. 

I would imagine that Keskinen and McGrath will start in the wide areas, but maybe the biggest question mark is over who starts in attacking midfield behind Sokler. I would personally go with Besuijen because of how much possession I expect us to have and the limited space we might be given, but Gueye does give us an additional aerial presence and can occupy defenders so I can see the case for him keeping his place for now. 

14 hours ago, scoobles said:

If VAR had been on the go when Stavrum was then he would have scored many more goals. The amount of wrong offsides against him was criminal.

I think you’ll probably find these balanced each other out, for every wrong decision he probably got away with a few back in the day that the “lines” would rule out today.