Dundee Utd v St Johnstone FC (KKK)

Just now, ArabFC said:

Didn’t see it and am barely aware of the guy. But every pundit on Sportsound was having a go at him for being an idiot and pointing out it was perfectly in character.

There is a difference between being an idiot (which he clearly was) for hand bags on a football pitch and being a horrible little thug (see Declan Gallagher attacking someone with a baseball bat). 

Thought the game was pretty poor first half and most of the second to be honest, each team were cancelling each other out. First goal was gonna be massive and SJ had one great chance to do just that but somehow missed an open goal.

The one time the RB gave Trap a run on him it led to the first goal. Our left hand side has been key throughout all our games this season and SJ coped really well with that until the first goal. 

Overall a hard fought win from a game we probably deserved to draw. 

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

@craigkillie

Any idea what sort of suspension Sidibeh will face?

Got a red card after 2 yellows, then a further red for punching a player in the stomach after.

Red for 2 yellows is 1 game, straight red for violent conduct is 2 I think (but in extreme cases can be extended), so minimum 3 game ban

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Calling him a thug for the punch is fine, IMO.

Calling him a thug for stretching for a header, and then colliding with a keeper who'd got there a fraction of a second before him, from his blindside, is weird.

The horrible thug comment was for everything he did. I just picked out the attack on Walton. If an outfield player did that to another outfield player thats at least yellow all day.

17 minutes ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

There is a difference between being an idiot (which he clearly was) for hand bags on a football pitch and being a horrible little thug (see Declan Gallagher attacking someone with a baseball bat). 

Didn't realise that two wrongs make a right.🤔

28 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

But every pundit on Sportsound

:lol:

Aye, well known for their accuracy right enough :rolleyes:

Sidebeh to me has had his head turned by all the talk about him and he is trying too hard. he was the same against Rangers last week. Should have been subbed after Walton nearly killed him. Was that not a shout for a penalty?

Thought Smith was poor, Rae needs replaced after another two errors, however we competed well against a strong side and if Raymond had scored then it might have been our day. 

17 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Red for 2 yellows is 1 game, straight red for violent conduct is 2 I think (but in extreme cases can be extended), so minimum 3 game ban

Aye I'm thinking it'll be at least 4. He'll surely got additional stuff for what happened with Holt and after.

14 minutes ago, RickyBobby said:

The horrible thug comment was for everything he did. I just picked out the attack on Walton. If an outfield player did that to another outfield player thats at least yellow all day.

You'll almost never get a situation where two outfield players are both going head first for a ball like that. It happens all the time at set plays played into the box like that, you've got folk stretching towards goal and the keeper stretching away from goal. It probably looked worse at the game tbf, but from the replays etc., I saw it looked like 2 committed players going for a loose ball and colliding.

On 23/08/2024 at 12:52, PauloPerth said:

This game should be a good test for us.  Dundee United have had a mixed start to the season and we are just bedding in ourselves.  No disrespect to the Dundee club but it’s games like this that we need to be getting all three points.

You got zero points.  HTH.  :)

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye I'm thinking it'll be at least 4. He'll surely got additional stuff for what happened with Holt and after.

You'll almost never get a situation where two outfield players are both going head first for a ball like that. It happens all the time at set plays played into the box like that, you've got folk stretching towards goal and the keeper stretching away from goal. It probably looked worse at the game tbf, but from the replays etc., I saw it looked like 2 committed players going for a loose ball and colliding.

I understand what you're saying but from my vantage point it looked totally wreckless and out of control, to the point where there was concern about serious injury. When a player gets sent off/booked for a bad tackle, 9 times out of 10 it's because it's wreckless and could cause serious injury. I would imagine most of the time (barring cynical challanges) players are trying to get the ball.

Just now, RickyBobby said:

I understand what you're saying but from my vantage point it looked totally wreckless and out of control, to the point where there was concern about serious injury. When a player gets sent off/booked for a bad tackle, 9 times out of 10 it's because it's wreckless and could cause serious injury. I would imagine most of the time (barring cynical challanges) players are trying to get the ball.

Be interested to know if you change your mind seeing it back. 

I'd say the most dangerous thing he done with the keeper was in the first half when he pushed Gallagher into Walton when Walton was jumping. Surprised there wasn't more made of that tbh.

31 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Sidebeh to me has had his head turned by all the talk about him and he is trying too hard. he was the same against Rangers last week. 

Argument to be made about the Aberdeen game too. Went for personal glory way too often.

Edited by gingermunkie