Dundee Utd v St Johnstone FC (KKK)

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Should have been sent off for trying to kill Walton.

Nah those clashes just happen in games.

Yeah that Walton clash looked heavy, but when you see it back they’re both attacking the same ball and just run into each other.

Levein has to take the rap for not changing things earlier, Rae takes the rap for the two goals.

United struggled badly to create much of anything throughout - we’ve conceded two goals having only given up two shots on target away from home and I couldn’t believe how often they passed it out the park - and we’ve generally defended fine there but you can’t have a keeper chucking them in like that and a player missing an open goal and hope to get anywhere.

Think United deserved the 3 points for second half performance.  Both teams poor in first half but obviously Saints should have scored that absolute sitter.

Sidibeh was a red card waiting to happen, no bad player but what a clown he is!  

Stevenson had a poor first half like most of the team but was really good in the second.  Moult was frustrating when he came on, maybe trying too hard?

Saints don’t look great and I’d be worried with that keeper in goals for the season.

7 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Saints don’t look great and I’d be worried with that keeper in goals for the season.

I think/hope we'll see Rae replaced this window. He had a horrendous game v Alloa that we lost and it kind of felt like he's been in last chance saloon since, today will be the breaking point I think.

Considering we've got so many new players (today's starting line up has 3 players who were here before January (Wright, Carey, Smith), and 5 before the Summer (previous 3 + Sidibeh/Kimpioka)), and we're trying to create a new shape for them to play in, we're doing fairly well IMO.

A new GK and CM the absolute priorities just now, they need to be top flight quality.

United much the better team in the second half - not sure I’d go as far to say they deserved to win, but I wouldn’t argue it. Sidibeh was ineffectual and should’ve been subbed off before he was sent off: 

Good grief, Dundee United really huffed and puffed against a St Johnstone side who haven’t even done any of their key transfer dealings yet. We’re really going to be cooking from September onwards. Sensed a fair amount of fear amongst the Arabs upon departing the ground. A lot of panicked whispers etc.

Just now, The Real Saints said:

Good grief, Dundee United really huffed and puffed against a St Johnstone side who haven’t even done any of their key transfer dealings yet. We’re really going to be cooking from September onwards. Sensed a fair amount of fear amongst the Arabs upon departing the ground. A lot of panicked whispers etc.

^^^ short order chef.

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby said:

Sidibeh is a horrible little thug. He was never getting the ball ahead of Walton. I was sitting right in line with it.

Behave yourself, massive over exaggeration - he maybe went into a tackle he shouldn’t have but a horrible little thug is rubbish. 

You realise you have Declan Gallagher playing for you? 

Edited by DunkeldRoad01

20 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

15 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Yeah we threw that away rather than Utd winning it.Get a decent keeper in and we are easily above them at the end of the season

Yep. The key takeaways from a match between 2 teams likely to finish in the bottom half of the table is that the side that won 2-0 is likely to be in real trouble whilst the one that lost will be fine. 

2 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Yep. The key takeaways from a match between 2 teams likely to finish in the bottom half of the table is that the side that won 2-0 is likely to be in real trouble whilst the one that lost will be fine. 

Tbf we lost 2-0 away to Ross County this time last year then finished above them, its far too early to be reading that much into results.

5 minutes ago, RickyBobby said:

So he didn't go on to throw a punch at Holt?

Calling him a thug for the punch is fine, IMO.

Calling him a thug for stretching for a header, and then colliding with a keeper who'd got there a fraction of a second before him, from his blindside, is weird.

9 minutes ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

Behave yourself, massive over exaggeration - he maybe went into a tackle he shouldn’t have but a horrible little thug is rubbish. 

Didn’t see it and am barely aware of the guy. But every pundit on Sportsound was having a go at him for being an idiot and pointing out it was perfectly in character.

And they were talking about him crashing into Walton.

Edited by ArabFC

@craigkillie

Any idea what sort of suspension Sidibeh will face?

Got a red card after 2 yellows, then a further red for punching a player in the stomach after.