Dundee Utd v St Johnstone FC (KKK)

18 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

He should definitely have been booked for the first one down near the corner. Having not been booked for that he should definitely have been booked for the second one. Very odd decision making.

Whoever it was playing up on the left for United was very naive a few times getting too tight to his man or nudging the guy jumping for a header instead of competing for it in the air - that was noising up the United fans quite badly but I think mostly those decisions were correct.

Worst decision of the day was Levein leaving Sidibeh out there after the collision with Walton.

Having seen it back on Sportscene you can see Robertson signal the second yellow is for persistent fouling.  Now I think about it, he did restart the game after the Walton collision with a free kick to United and on Sportsound they suggested he’d had a word with Sidibeh warning him to wind it in.  He really should’ve been subbed at that point. 

Just now, Der Panzer said:

My honest opinion he’s just an incompetent halfwit with a lot of physical attributes and is in fact nowhere near a footballer. 

Puts me in mind of a boy I played 5s with - was a serving royal marine commando - absolutely f**king woeful at football but just ran about like a f**king maniac for the full hour and often gave the illusion of competence. The difference is none of the boys who played with him regularly were making shouts that he could go as far as he wanted in the game.

Hard to disagree with that assessment. The Walton incident was stupidity that could of ended up being much worse. There's no excuse for throwing punch at another player though. 

1 minute ago, RickyBobby said:

Hard to disagree with that assessment. The Walton incident was stupidity that could have ended up being much worse. There's no excuse for throwing punch at another player though. 

A punch in the boaby at that.  

I think the perception of Sidibeh’s ability has been overblown because of the level he has come from. It’s a great story, he has performed considerably better than expected, and people are willing him on to do well. Unfortunately I think he has started to believe the hype, partly because his agent is feeding him false promises of a big move to the English Championship. Adama perhaps fits the stereotype of being a somewhat unintelligent footballer, and he also has a petulant side to his personality which needs to be reined in if he wants to succeed. In reality, Benji Kimpioka is quite clearly a better striker than him.

Just now, The Real Saints said:

I think the perception of Sidibeh’s ability has been overblown because of the level he has come from. It’s a great story, he has performed considerably better than expected, and people are willing him on to do well. Unfortunately I think he has started to believe the hype, partly because his agent is feeding him false promises of a big move to the English Championship. Adama perhaps fits the stereotype of being a somewhat unintelligent footballer, and he also has a petulant side to his personality which needs to be reined in if he wants to succeed. In reality, Benji Kimpioka is quite clearly a better striker than him.

I was going to say the same thing, for all the hype about Sidibeh going in, Kimpioka was far more impressive.

6 minutes ago, RB-Scotland said:

I was going to say the same thing, for all the hype about Sidibeh going in, Kimpioka was far more impressive.

Yes, it's always been the case that Kimpioka is much more of a footballer whilst Sidibeh is raw and just a general nuisance. However, the gap in quality has been much clearer so far this season. I think it could be interesting to see a Kimpioka-Ikpeazu partnership when the latter returns from injury shortly. Sidibeh might be sorely regretting today's display in a few weeks' time if he ends up struggling to get back into the starting line-up.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Yes, it's always been the case that Kimpioka is much more of a footballer whilst Sidibeh is raw and just a general nuisance. However, the gap in quality has been much clearer so far this season. I think it could be interesting to see a Kimpioka-Ikpeazu partnership when the latter returns from injury shortly. Sidibeh might be sorely regretting today's display in a few weeks' time if he ends up struggling to get back into the starting line-up.

Aye it has the vibe of a purple-patch that he might not have made the most of, easy for it to go to his head making such a big step up and hitting the form he has, no doubt with an agent telling him about all the interest and what sort of moves he can supposedly expect.

50 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

There’s no chance that you’ll be competing with a full-strength St Johnstone side for a place in the top six if today’s performance was anything to go by.

Well, there’s something we can agree on. If we are going for a place in the top six (and I’m not saying we will be) it certainly won’t be St Johnstone we’ll be competing with. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

I still rate Sidibeh, or at least did before today. Hes got the lot and just needed to learn how to actually play the game. His decision making and link up play would let him down a lot but you'd get pure work rate, hes a great ball striker, and he was great at finding the ball in the box.

His confidence seems to have grown every week last season which was great, but its like a combination of the Summer break, his agent pushing for a move, and then double at Kilmarnock, have moved it out of control. Hes always been greedy but thats how you get goals as a striker, but it'll make him a target when it goes wrong.

If hes going to act the way he acted today then his next move will be back down the way, just a liability.

4 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Well, there’s something we can agree on. If we are going for a place in the top six (and I’m not saying we will be) it certainly won’t be St Johnstone we’ll be competing with. 

Yeah, absolutely fair to say that United won't be competing with Saints for the top six. That's pretty much guaranteed.

5 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Dundee Utd won't be anywhere near the top 6.

I’m not saying we will. But I am saying that the St Johnstone fans who seem to have taken today’s match as irrefutable evidence that they’ll finish comfortably above us are drawing some rather “interesting” conclusions from the game. 

Watching back I was too generous to Rae; he's got to do better at the first also. Losing games when opposition have lots of efforts is one thing, United had three today and we've lost two goals. 

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Three league games this season in which we have struggled for a sustained period playing two in midfield.  I get that Goodwin is keen to get three forwards pinning the opposition defence but it leaves us very light in the middle.

I’d say it was pretty much every game we’ve played this season rather than just the three league games.

And Goodwin’s answer to beefing up the midfield is putting a centre-back in there?

It’s clear as day we need three in the midfield with the players we’ve got, but he will continue to persist.

Unbeaten I guess, so…

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

I’d say it was pretty much every game we’ve played this season rather than just the three league games.

And Goodwin’s answer to beefing up the midfield is putting a centre-back in there?

It’s clear as day we need three in the midfield with the players we’ve got, but he will continue to persist.

Unbeaten I guess, so…

The point of having the third CB is for one of them to always act as a defensive midfielder though. You still need to have attacking outlets for this system to work so I think it's a case of the players need to learn how to play the system properly IMO

5 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Shoving Sidibeh near the neck for no reason and then trying to deceive the referee by feigning injury? both a yellow card.

Could’ve crushed his trachea 😅

IMG_0017.jpeg

Edited by ArabFC