Ross County v Aberdeen (5:45pm kick off, Sat 31st Aug)

Thought I'd start a thread to try and forget today's result. 

I expect a big travelling support. Aberdeen were our bogey team last season in the matches I saw.

Hopefully, somehow a shock win for County. Yet, I just can't see where the goals are going to come from. While Hale has definite talent, he needs service.

As Liam Boyce had Craig Curran that formed a superb partnership, Hale needs someone similar otherwise the team will suffer. 

Still time for Roy to sign players though, so who knows. Doubt it though.

I’m a bit concerned about this one, as Ross County have been solid at home with just one defeat since March, and they’ll probably be hurting after the Rangers result.

Aberdeen are playing with confidence and have been getting a bit of luck in some games, which won’t last forever.

With it being a 5:45pm kick-off on Saturday, quite a few fans are likely to be very intoxicated :D 

If you support a non-weegie bigot brother and you are going through a good run - a slap in the face is generally just round the corner.

Will it be in Dingwall?  Wouldn't be the first time, despite our recent record up there being decent. However, I am fairly confident the later kick off atmosphere may just lift things a bit and help us get a narrow win.

3 hours ago, betting competition said:

I’m a bit concerned about this one, as Ross County have been solid at home with just one defeat since March, and they’ll probably be hurting after the Rangers result.

Aberdeen are playing with confidence and have been getting a bit of luck in some games, which won’t last forever.

With it being a 5:45pm kick-off on Saturday, quite a few fans are likely to be very intoxicated :D 

So am I.

Boys on sportsound were saying Ross county left so much space down the sides against rangers, Keskinen and Mcgrath could have a field day tomorrow, but this fixture at dingwall has always been too unpredictable to call.

Edited by Stu_81

2 hours ago, Stu_81 said:

Boys on sportsound were saying Ross county left so much space down the sides against rangers, Keskinen and Mcgrath could have a field day tomorrow, but this fixture at dingwall has always been too unpredictable to call.

That'll be because Ross County have no wide midfielders/wingers in the first team. Does seem like the first thing opposition managers would notice & exploit, but hey, maybe the County management know something I don't

18 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

So am I.

🤔

Was there ever a time when you weren't quite concerned and your concern has grown as you grew older (and wiser?) or have you always been quite concerned?

I'm not concerned. 1-0 to the Dons. Shay Logan to score. 😄

Edited by Suspect Device

19 hours ago, forkboy said:

That'll be because Ross County have no wide midfielders/wingers in the first team. Does seem like the first thing opposition managers would notice & exploit, but hey, maybe the County management know something I don't

If I’m an opposition manager, I’m going 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and doubling up on County’s full backs.  There’s literally nothing the team can do to counter it, as we saw last week. 

Big Cowie fan, but absolutely no clue what the thinking is with the squad. 

Just now, forkboy said:

County starting lineup. Efete not even on the bench, Lopata in for his first start.

I heard that Efete’s contract offer was appearance related, and Cowie didn’t particularly want him back.  In fact, Raith Rovers also made him an offer but he chose us for the money.  

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Nah, this is the season to empty the remaining Teuchter team, and the fermers’. Mon’ the Dons.

Sorry, not for me. Agreed about the Fermers though. 

Say what what you will about some of the signings (or lack thereof), Ronan Hale is some signing. Sure, that wasn't a fancy goal, but he just gets in the positions where the ball can hit him unawares & end up in the net.

Now just to hold on for the next 70 minutes

Oh god, I forgot the VAR check

Edited by forkboy