Ross County v Aberdeen (5:45pm kick off, Sat 31st Aug)

10 minutes ago, SaintSamuel said:

Generally speaking, outside of the Old Firm and Hearts, Aberdeen have the worst behaved fans in Scotland. A significant minority are violent, racist bigots. That said, surely we can’t be begrudging a pitch invasion for a 98th min winner away from home?

🤣 What?

36 minutes ago, SaintSamuel said:

Generally speaking, outside of the Old Firm and Hearts, Aberdeen have the worst behaved fans in Scotland. A significant minority are violent, racist bigots. That said, surely we can’t be begrudging a pitch invasion for a 98th min winner away from home?

I don't particularly like Aberdeen, but over the years they have always been really sound and good craic with County fans from what I've seen. Maybe the close distance, they certainly seem to love travelling up to Dingwall. I can't recall seeing any animosity towards County.

I hope any team other than the old firm wins the league. Sadly, don't think that will happen in my lifetime unless the Celtic&Rangers both leave for join some kind of Euro league, or join the English system.

1 hour ago, SaintSamuel said:

St Mirren fans still raging at our recent destroying of their hoofball team. Calm down.

More importantly. Come on you reds. Winning the lot

The problem with Aberdeen as a city, is you have a good percentage of the population wealthy. Some VERY wealthy. Even now, though the oil industry is dying. Yet at the same time, there are areas in that city that suffer from extreme poverty. I think it's some of the worst poverty in Scotland, I used to teach there, know the tough neighbourhoods.

The poverty is shocking actually, can't all be blamed on Thatcher either. I ain't an SNP fan either, don't like any political party at the moment. I sit on the fence I guess.

The city council & politicians over the years, decades really bled the city dry. Many should be locked up IMO!

Considering the boom years of oil, it should be a stunning city with excellent services with little poverty if any at all.

Decades of serious corruption, terrible decisions at best/blatent theft at worst. Look at other countries oil rich capitals outside 3rd world.

Even cities like Dundee have improved, it's a real shame....

Then the fact it's got that freezing North Sea wind during winter doesn't help either. Especially for those that cant afford to properly heat yheir homes.

The gap between rich & poor in Aberdeen, for a small city, brings resentment. While Glasgow & Edinburgh sure also have poverty, because of the small size of the city it is a lot more noticeable in Aberdeen.

Also, for whatever reason, like many Highlanders (myself included) the people in general are quite reserved. Still generally nice people, trustworthy, but it takes time to get to know them.

Unlike Glaswegians who are extremely outgoing, talkative. I feel there is more community spirit in Glasgow for example. No idea why. Saying that you have the religious bigotry

17 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

10 kids and a daft flag.

*clutches pearls*

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24541913.paisley-two-people-arrested-disturbance-following-viral-video/

This St Mirren lunatic is making his mad comments based on very little. 

Look at the story above . Damn racist Paisley folks.

As i said glad St Mirren fans aren't still angry at us

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

How many penalties has that clown conceded since we signed him? Almost all for handball too.

Devlin is no clown, and, as a slight defence, he's scored more goals than penalties conceded. Plus, if he hadn't accidentally handled tonight the ball would almost certainly have gone in the net.

1 hour ago, SaintSamuel said:

Generally speaking, outside of the Old Firm and Hearts, Aberdeen have the worst behaved fans in Scotland. 

Bruce Forsyth Bruce Forsyth Ghost GIF - Bruce Forsyth Bruce Forsyth Ghost  Brucies Ghost - Discover & Share GIFs

4 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24541913.paisley-two-people-arrested-disturbance-following-viral-video/

This St Mirren lunatic is making his mad comments based on very little. 

Look at the story above . Damn racist Paisley folks.

As i said glad St Mirren fans aren't still angry at us

Ah, but they may have been Aberdonians.