🔴🟡Thistle vs Queen’s Park⚫️⚪️ - 31st August 2024

56 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Graham in the training pics on social media so presume he's back for Saturday. 

I would imagine Dools will keep things under wraps until 1445 on Saturday .

25 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

I would imagine Dools will keep things under wraps until 1445 on Saturday .

tbf to Doolan I'm not sure he was alive back before 1445, so not sure he could have released a team sheet
Would be interesting to get his thoughts on the fall of Constantinople etc though, if he was

21 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

tbf to Doolan I'm not sure he was alive back before 1445, so not sure he could have released a team sheet
Would be interesting to get his thoughts on the fall of Constantinople etc though, if he was

It's a little known fact that Dools is not only a fan of all things Byzantine but also pioneered time travel ,so probably some truth in what you say .

He's also knows Saturday's result but for reasons only known only to Time Lords he's keeping Mum ....watch this space. 

Edited by I Clavdivs

16 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Graham in the training pics on social media so presume he's back for Saturday. 

As club captain it would be normal to be around the camp even if not fit to play. Hasn’t he also got the job of managing the PTW team? Busy boy.

When the day comes for the TV networks to include in-game expert analysis on VAR decisions from former players to highlight how the ref can’t interpret what’s going on because “they never played the game”, Big Brian will be right at the front of the queue. Bless!

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

As club captain it would be normal to be around the camp even if not fit to play. Hasn’t he also got the job of managing the PTW team? Busy boy.

When the day comes for the TV networks to include in-game expert analysis on VAR decisions from former players to highlight how the ref can’t interpret what’s going on because “they never played the game”, Big Brian will be right at the front of the queue. Bless!

Yes,busy man indeed...add to that a modelling career and crafting a nullifying plan on the great lolloping,ragdoll goal threat that is Zak Rudden.

IG-2-PT-THIRD.jpg

30 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Yes,busy man indeed...add to that a modelling career and crafting a nullifying plan on the great lolloping,ragdoll goal threat that is Zak Rudden.

IG-2-PT-THIRD.jpg

Am doubting we will see Zac play this week.

1 hour ago, CathcartSkins said:

Am doubting we will see Zac play this week.

Ooooo...genuinely miffed.Was looking forward to seeing him wrestling with the hallowed Firhill turf after tripping himself up. 

14 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Ooooo...genuinely miffed.Was looking forward to seeing him wrestling with the hallowed Firhill turf after tripping himself up. 

To be fair, he's scored 2 goals in 3 league games so far and works incredibly hard. Clearly has his limitations as a player but he's started well enough here.

Played with a knock last week and went off at half time, hadn't actually considered that he might be out for this but that'd be far from ideal.

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

To be fair, he's scored 2 goals in 3 league games so far and works incredibly hard. Clearly has his limitations as a player but he's started well enough here.

Played with a knock last week and went off at half time, hadn't actually considered that he might be out for this but that'd be far from ideal.

My abiding memory of Rudden's time at Firhill ,apart from the occasional peach of a goal,was as stated above plus a bit of an attitude....glad he's matured for his own sake.

Zak Rudden is such a weird player. Looked like a competition winner for the first year and a bit of his contract here to the point you were thinking this guy will be at Maryhill Juniors in a few years if he’s lucky, then scored against Clyde and was (mostly) really, really good for the remainder of his time. In particular, I mind a game against Killie at Rugby Park where he utterly ragdolled their defence. Then he went to Dundee and seemed to revert back to competition winner status.

I don’t know if he has an attitude as such, I think he’s just quite thick. Good luck to him at QP, he seemed a decent enough guy so hopefully he can still have a good career. 

I’ve really liked what I’ve seen from Rudden so far. He’s quick, gets involved in loads of chances and brings others into play. Scored 3 goals so far, although given some of the chances he’s had, you could argue he could have had double that tally. I guess if you could convert all his chances, you’re not going to be playing in the championship. He’s not everyone’s cup of tea and he’s not as bad as some people think he is but he’s done a decent job in a qp jersey so far

I think from Rudden’s perspective, it’s probably a confidence booster that he’s the main guy up top, which is something he’s probably not had in recent times? There’s a trust and almost reliance on him to be available and performing each week. There’s a real opportunity to prove his worth in the championship as the main guy 

I quite like Rudden too. Hopefully with more of a settled team we can play more to his strengths, get him linking play and work on getting him chances as close to gaol as possible. Meantime every time he takes a shot from outside of the box it should be a Major League style automatic 20 push ups on the pitch.