🔵🦁 Raith Rovers v Livingston 🟡🦁 - 31st August 2024

41 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hard to take that, really. Certainly didn’t deserve to lose and the game hinged on 4 vital moments/decisions. 

1) The change of shape from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 when we lost yet another centre half to injury totally threw the balance of the team. We were dominant in possession and never looked like conceding in that shape. Going to 4-4-2 turned up to shit. 

2) Vaughan’s header off the bar. Bitterly unlucky and if that drops in we, in all likelihood, win the game. 

3) Taking Easton off for Montagu. We’re at home, going for the win and we’re taking off our most creative player with 10 mins to go to bring on an untested 17 year old? Mental decision. We lost all impetus in the middle of the park at this moment. 

4) Kev’s butter fingers at the goal. There is just no way a keeper of his quality should be getting beaten with that shot. He’s down, he’s got two hands to it and it’s gone right through him which has cost him the game. There’s some week where I watch Kev and I think, “there is no way we are going to keep him after this season”, and there’s some weeks where I think hes never going to make the step up to the Premiership because of his mistakes - and then there’s weeks like today where I think both of those things within the same 90 minutes. 

Colin Steven as ever the subject of much ire from both sets of fans. Just a fundamentally bad referee. Shit decision making, books players for innocuous things and doesn’t for legitimately bad challenges. Bad game management and no control over the game. When you’re booking members of both benches within seconds of one another it’s probably a good indication of you not having a very good afternoon. 

We’ve had 4 difficult games to start the season and I’m not particularly worried about the less than great points tally. A proper indication of where we are at will be after the first quarter. Lewis Jamieson looks very sharp. Keen to see more of him.

We cannot sustain the level of injuries our squad gets. Has there been a single week we’ve been missing less than 5 starters? Where was Sam Stanton today? Didn’t see him in the main stand sitting with the other injured players. Needing the manager situation sorted, the injured players back (hahaha) and some reinforcements in the full back and striking department, and we need them right now to change our fortunes. 

Edit: seen folk saying Stanton was there. Fair enough if that’s the case, I must’ve missed him. 

I’d add a fifth to that. I was sat in the main stand in line with the box and the penalty shout before they scored looked a definite handball to me. Hopefully we get a good angle in the highlights.

3 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

I’d add a fifth to that. I was sat in the main stand in line with the box and the penalty shout before they scored looked a definite handball to me. Hopefully we get a good angle in the highlights.

I swithered on putting it in but due to the angle we sit at in the south stand it was too difficult to tell. All of the players seemed adamant at the time. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I swithered on putting it in but due to the angle we sit at in the south stand it was too difficult to tell. All of the players seemed adamant at the time. 

All will be revealed at 10pm 👀

11 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

If you're that confident in your opinion that you're chastising other fans for not agreeing with you then you better make sure its correct. It isn't. Yengi was the most important factor in that mini revival towards the end of last season when catching County became a realistic possibility. His goal at Parkhead is not something a shite player can do. His winner away to Partick in the cup was about the only memorable moment we got all season. This season he's done everything but score for us. His all round play has been very good. He's played out of position at right and left wing the last two matches and done well. He also defends noticeably better than the other wide attackers.

😂😂😂 Okay, he did well today.

There wasn't a single person around me at the game today, and even talking to folk after the game that thought he played "well". I'm also in that camp. He was woeful.

His goals or performances last season have nothing to do with this season, I will again refer you to Joel Nouble last season.

Martindale even said in his midweek interview that Yengi was brought in as a winger, as that was his natural position, but I will take heed that you think he's being played out of position. Which he isn't. And today he was no where near good enough.

The level of injuries is worrying. Apart from Fordyce, they all seem muscular ones. Murray hinted in his post match interview against Airdrie that he wasn’t happy with the fitness. I hope we didn’t make a mistake bringing that new guy in 

5 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

😂😂😂 Okay, he did well today.

There wasn't a single person around me at the game today, and even talking to folk after the game that thought he played "well". I'm also in that camp. He was woeful.

His goals or performances last season have nothing to do with this season, I will again refer you to Joel Nouble last season.

Martindale even said in his midweek interview that Yengi was brought in as a winger, as that was his natural position, but I will take heed that you think he's being played out of position. Which he isn't. And today he was no where near good enough.

Martindale has also said this season that Yengi is "a 9". In that same interview you reference, Martindale explained that fans had been yelling at him to play Yengi centre forward when he was playing wide then to use Yengi wide when he was at centre forward. He was exasperated at fans yelling contradictory shite. Saying he signed Yengi as a winger was likely to head off the complaints he anticipated at now moving Yengi to that position. Yengi has more often played as a centre forward in his career and you can tell from his body type alone that's his more natural position.

Of course last season matters, players don't get stat upgrades or downgrades during the summer like its a new edition of FIFA. They're the same player. I remember you getting annoyed at me last season because I suggested Nottingham wasn't a write-off and now you say he's great. Nouble was ruined by the tactical constraints placed on him last season. He showed that with his partial return to form at the season end when the tactics changed, despite his confidence being battered by then.

There was your Facebook belter last week about Finlayson supposedly being terrible at crossing so someone had to point out to you it was Finlayson who'd crossed for Pittman's goal in the match you'd just been at. You might be right that you are indeed watching different matches to other Livi fans.

Edited by Freedom Farter

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

For the record, yer man Yengi looks like a competition winner. Not seen such a giant win so few headers since John Frederiksen. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Can we all just agree that Yengi is good at catching people with a flailing arm and little else? Maybe good for a hairdo or two across the season at best.

He's actually decent when he gets the ball played to feet and is on the front foot, running at defenders. Playing with his back to goal getting high balls played to him and you can forget it, for someone about 6ft 5, he just can't jump and head balls.

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He's actually decent when he gets the ball played to feet and is on the front foot, running at defenders. Playing with his back to goal getting high balls played to him and you can forget it, for someone about 6ft 5, he just can't jump and head balls.

He's a winger, we've been through the same thing with Nouble. He's nowhere near as good as a striker, that's why I'm glad we've got May

Wasn't at the game but it's a very pleasing result given what I've seen from the highlights (which are, by far, of the highest quality I've seen in this league so far). Raith looked the better team and should have had a penalty. There's a very obvious foul throw in the build-up to our goal and the shot which lead to the goal should have been comfortably saved.

In the premiership, we were very rarely blessed with points from lucky moments so I am absolutely taking it. 

16 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Shinnie brought his usual F game today after a semi decent performance last week, but trying to do flicks and back heels under pressure? He's supposed to be our "veteran" but he's terrible most of the time.

The same Shinnie who was one of our highest rated players yesterday? Much higher than Stevie May. You clearly don't like Shinnie and that's fine but don't make nonsense up

Edited by Cptn Hooch

2 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

Wasn't at the game but it's a very pleasing result given what I've seen from the highlights (which are, by far, of the highest quality I've seen in this league so far). Raith looked the better team and should have had a penalty. There's a very obvious foul throw in the build-up to our goal and the shot which lead to the goal should have been comfortably saved.

In the premiership, we were very rarely blessed with points from lucky moments so I am absolutely taking it. 

f**k VAR.

19 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

For me,whilst pleasing to get 3 points on the road albeit fortuusly.We had four players on that bench who imo should have started.If they ain't injured get them on and many Livi fans agree.This is such a ruthless division and I feel many of our players are still adjusting to the rigours of the Championship. I suspect Martindale is still trying to figure out his best 11.The guys on the bench when fully fit will come in and give us a genuine chance of challenging at the top.But Raith will probably say the same.Promising start from the Lions.Accies next.

Commenting on a game you weren't at? You have the cheek to chastise others for doing the same. 

Edited by Livi

Don't you just love a 90th min goal, with the fans clambering/falling over seats, celebrating. Its been a long time coming for us having those type of celebrations, Partick Th away in the cup last season prob.

image.thumb.png.7902e5c8d71da0cd6d7ede8021a87d20.png

Also mentioned in our post match interview, a full calendar year since our last away league win, Hibs at Easter Rd, f**ksake it was grim last season, esp for our travelling supporters.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The same Shinnie who was one of our highest rated players yesterday? Much higher than Stevie May. You clearly don't like Shinnie and that's fine but don't make nonsense up

Higher rated by who?

Stevie May was excellent yesterday.

I didn't make anything up, with the fact I was at the game. 

20 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Higher rated by who?

Stevie May was excellent yesterday.

I didn't make anything up, with the fact I was at the game. 

Using the sofascore ratings. He's also one of our .ost consistent performers so far this season

Screenshot_20240901-135018.png

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Using the sofascore ratings. He's also one of our .ost consistent performers so far this season

Screenshot_20240901-135018.png

😂😂😂 So you're basis of Shinnie playing well is off some random app?

Stephen Kelly used to get 10/10 every week on that thing coz of The Rangers fans voting for him because he was ex The Rangers.

He was playing so well that he got hooked after 57 mins? 

His rating is probably only that high because he had a shot which was saved by the keeper. Which was set up because of an excellent run and pass by Stevie May, but that great vision only warranted a 6 flat? Come on.....

Yeah, if there's anyone making stuff up, it's whoever gets to input those scores on your crappy wee app.