Lowland League 24/25 - Who Owns Each Club/Park

Thought as there was a lot of interest received about this subject, there should be a post dedicated to it.

I've updated from posts received and messages so any teams not updated, it would be great if you know who owns club/park etc...

I asked this question before as it's quite interesting subject for fans to know who owns their own club/ground in the Lowland league or is the ground leased or is it in a trust or is it owned by one person/couple of fans etc... ?
Any updates on this would be perfection thanks.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far.
Updated current Lowland league season list

Albion Rovers

Yes - Albion Rovers Football Club Ltd

Berwick Rangers

No - Owned by Council, Leased to Berwick Rangers

Bo'ness United

Yes - Trustee is the Newtown Park Association

Broomhill 

No

Broxburn Athletic 

No - Council. Leased Broxburn United Community

Caledonian Braves 

No - North Lanarkshire Council

Celtic B

Civil Service Strollers

No - Owned by Edinburgh College

Cowdenbeath

No - Owned by Innovate (Cowdenbeath) Ltd 

Cumbernauld Colts 

No

East Kilbride

Yes - Owned by Supporters Community Trust ?

East Stirlingshire 

No

Gala Fairydean Rovers

No - Council but leased to Gala Fairydean 

Gretna 2008

Yes - Owned by Raydale Community Partnership

Heart of Midlothian B

Linlithgow Rose

Yes - Owned Majority of fans and committee

Tranent

?

University of Stirling 

No - Owned by Stirling Council n managed by Active Stirling

Again, anyone with addition information would be great

I think it's something that all fans of their clubs should know / be kept up to date as you don't want your club being sold from behind your back and you have no say in it.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

BU home Newtown Park described as 'being held in trust for the people of Bo'ness......' Current trustee is the Newtown Park Association, previously held by Falkirk Council. As far as I'm aware Bo'ness United

Strollers ground is owned by Edinburgh College. It used to be owned by the Civil Service Sports Association. 

Netherdale was owned by Gala Rovers with Fairydean being the tenants. Perhaps since the merger it's owned by the merged club. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Netherdale was owned by Gala Rovers with Fairydean being the tenants. Perhaps since the merger it's owned by the merged club. 

Only since this one is mentioned, I had a look on Companies House and it looks like Gala Fairydean Rovers FC Ltd are liable for the stand and related grounds (part owns and part leased) at Netherdale.

The chances are companies house will have the records to show who may or may not own the other grounds in the league.

At Berwick, Shielfield Park is owned by the Council. The lease was held by the supporters until a year or so ago, but they have now transferred that lease to the football club along with all their shares.  (The Supporters Trust also gave up their shares in the club and no longer exists). 

Er, I think.....

13 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

Isn't that operated by a private company spun off from the council

The Daily Record reported in May that Stirling Albion were in talks with Stirling Council over buying Forthbank, and this would back that up. It's managed by Active Stirling but it seems the council still own it. 

17 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

Isn't that operated by a private company spun off from the council

It is but it's under license from the council. The point being it's no more Albion's ground than the uni's ground (prioritisation in the leases notwithstanding) 

Caught up with some of the Broxburn committee guys at weekend. So Albyn Park is council owned, but Broxburn Athletic gave up their lease on it so it could become more of a community sports hub. Broxburn United Sports Club that run the facility are founded by the football club, the Colts and the Boxing Club (possibly some others?) - this amalgamation and getting the kids involved allowed the funding for the facility there today.

Club saw the bigger picture that it's more than just them - and can see it in action. Every time I drive by, can see the park is being used.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

This would cause chaos in the WoS group. Rather touchy subject there due to the volume of ground shares and caged facilities there. 

Fair play to clubs that own and upkeep their on pitch and stadia. 

No it wouldn't.  People, fans and clubs want to progress so things like this have to be discussed and brought out into the open and its interesting for fans to actually to find out who owns their club etc..

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

4 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Caught up with some of the Broxburn committee guys at weekend. So Albyn Park is council owned, but Broxburn Athletic gave up their lease on it so it could become more of a community sports hub. Broxburn United Sports Club that run the facility are founded by the football club, the Colts and the Boxing Club (possibly some others?) - this amalgamation and getting the kids involved allowed the funding for the facility there today.

Club saw the bigger picture that it's more than just them - and can see it in action. Every time I drive by, can see the park is being used.

Exactly how it should be at this level. As much as I'd like a grass pitch at Newtown, it's great that every time I drive past there's a boys/girls/community team using the park. Hoping ours goes the same way as they've proposed a community centre/hub.

Netherdale is owned by the Council but leased to Gala Fairydean Rovers FC. 

As well as the first team using the facility, around 400 members of the community use it each week from the Community Trust. This is made up of youth, women’s, walking and our disability football team. 

The facility is currently managed by Live Borders, the Council’s arm’s length management company. 

Due to the historic nature of the stand it will more than likely always remain Council owned. 

Edited by Thomas Brown