Dundee V St Mirren.

I’m in Budapest till tomorrow 

anyone got a link for the game today?

Obviously a friendly scrap can be arranged if any buddies are in town, we can keep the flailing to a minimum to avoid heat exhaustion 

Edited by MarkoP

1 hour ago, MarkoP said:

Obviously a friendly scrap can be arranged if any buddies are in town, we can keep the flailing to a minimum to avoid heat exhaustion 

Have Tip Top opened a branch in Budapest?

2 hours ago, MarkoP said:

Budapest worth a visit matey? 

You'll no doubt be able to find it on F News. 

Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, Girth said:

Budapest worth a visit matey? 

You'll no doubt be able to find it on F News. 

Thank you. 

Aye it totally is, plenty to do for a good weekend away,

melting hot at the moment, but no complaints on that.

I’ll try and find F news 🤷‍♂️

What a difference a day makes, yesterday Dundee still had their best player and yesterday we didn't line up with one of the top scorers in this league.

I'm still not confident though, as someone said previously, if you had asked me about this fixture last season I'd have said, "we are the better team, I expect us to win", but now.. I certainly don't have that level of confidence. I know a few would settle for a draw, but I think we can win this, whether we do is another matter.

I noticed a bit of chat about Budapest, lovely city, spent some months living there (and elsewhere in Hungary). Stay in Pest, though (Buda is far too much a tourist trap for my liking) as it has the better bars and overall better craic with people. There is one massive downside to Hungary these days and that is Orban, Fidesz and their utterly hateful bullshit. They have "Faraged" a large part of their boomer population and it's f**king rotten.

Edited by Ric

Don’t get that vibe of the locals at all

Been a few times

I also quite like Buda for its more chilled vibe, agree the downtown bit of Pest is much more vibrant though

A political convo on a Dundee St Mirren match day thread is an outlier tbf🤣

9 hours ago, MarkoP said:

Don’t get that vibe of the locals at all

Been a few times

I also quite like Buda for its more chilled vibe, agree the downtown bit of Pest is much more vibrant though

A political convo on a Dundee St Mirren match day thread is an outlier tbf🤣

A political convo with me is definitely not an outlier! :lol:

Budapest is like London, Berlin, Barcelona, etc, they are not really reflective of the country and tend to be more cosmopolitan which is probably why you didn't get the right wing hate bullshit. Much like if you ended up in London during Brexit you'd tend to find most people for the EU, pop yourself down to Dover or Folkestone and it's nothing but knuckle dragging racist p***ks. The same goes for Hungary, nip on up to Gyor or down to Szeged and it's just classic agricultural land. Lovely, aesthetically, not doubting that, but the political views are not the ones you'll find in Budapest.

As for the differences, Pest is the sort of place you'd find yourself waking up in a bathtub of ice missing a kidney, Buda is the sort of place you'll wake up in a posh towel robe and a bill for a 5* hotel. I much prefer roughing it! f**k all the posh nobs! :D

Edit: Anyone who has tried to speak Hungarian will know just how f**king hard a language it is. I can speak about 6 languages but none of them are close to Hungarian. Thankfully many Hungarians speak English (the traditional lingua franca!) with the older generation also speaking Russian (for the obvious reason). I also found quite a few speak Italian too. The reason I mention this is that it's really hard to get nuance in a language you don't understand that is already being translated once, perhaps twice, to get to a language you understand. Especially when it involves politics, and politics that require a good understanding of the country's history.

Edited by Ric

Braybrooke in from the start, hopefully picks up immediately from where McCowan left off. Main coming in for SPH which is a... choice. SPH been one of our best players so far...

And Adewumi not in the matchday squad at all, probably to be expected with how late his signing was.

Bench looking more versatile and stronger at least.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

For those who don't (or won't) use Twitter, and for those who don't allow tweets to be embedded into content.

wPCyjBx.jpeg

Looks like the classic 3-5-2/5-3-2 from us, with the midfield setup of O'Hara, Boyd-Munce and Phillips.

No van Veen, not even on the bench.

Edited by Ric