Dundee V St Mirren.

Frustrating to go ahead twice and not win the game. Especially against a team like Dundee.

Need to be putting that to bed.

From what I caught of the game, I don't think I can argue with the final result. I thought we were better in the 1st, they were better in the 2nd.

Considering we've not been winning, and some of our performances have looked a bit ropey, I'll take the draw.

Was there anything in the Murray/Iacovitti challenge mid way (?) through the second half?

31 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

My main takeaway from today’s match is the following question.

Could Simon Murray be threatening Davie Dodds title as the ugliest Scottish footballer in history? 🤔🤔

Mate, first of all definitely not, second of all both of our clubs have employed Paul McGowan.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

From what I caught of the game, I don't think I can argue with the final result. I thought we were better in the 1st, they were better in the 2nd.

Considering we've not been winning, and some of our performances have looked a bit ropey, I'll take the draw.

Was there anything in the Murray/Iacovitti challenge mid way (?) through the second half?

Lacovitti was holding on to him and Murray shrugged him off. That's about it.

Ref seemed to have a problem with Olusanya generally. Was even on his case during his goal celebration.

What an extraordinary conveyor belt of pint sized twerps the SFA continually produce. They must get all the guys who can't make it as jockeys.

Probably the better team for 70-75 minutes today, but two utterly avoidable errors in the first half had us playing catch-up all game and considering how hard we tried to hand St Mirren the winner on a plate in stoppage time I can't help but be a bit grateful for the point. Hopefully we're a lot less structurally unsure come our trip to Dingwall in a fortnight, thought we handled the absence of McCowan decently well but can't help but feel we'd have won that with him there. Simon Murray, how you've not scored that 1v1 still has my head spinning. Great save from Balcombe, but c'mon...

Braybrooke looked alright considering he's been thrown into the deep end and hopefully much more to come. Main impressed me today and finally got his first league goal, and big Koumetio looked good until his head knock which forced him off early in the 2nd half. Larkeche looking very suspect again and the LB position looks to have gone from our biggest strength to our weak link at the back. He can make runs for sure though and did well for his goal, Cameron with another excellent pass.

Good time for the international break imo, Doc can figure out how he wants to proceed and we'll hopefully have Clark Robertson and Charlie Reilly back in contention at the very least in a couple weeks' time.

St Mirren still a tough nut to crack, but despite our best efforts they really didn't look like scoring when we weren't handing them goals on a plate, even at the end. Reckon they'll get up to speed pretty soon now that there's no more European ties in front of them.

Genuinely don't think the ref was that bad today. Felt St Mirren were intent on slowing the pace of the game down at times and were a bit 'industrious' in terms of play style which is always likely to be picked up by a referee.

Thought we were both very weak defensively and Murray shouldn't really be giving Balcombe the opportunity to make a save with that chance.

Koumetio is an impressive unit and absolutely dominant in the air but his positional sense is rotten and Portales needs someone assured beside him so he can just focus on his own game otherwise he too becomes an absolute bombscare. McGhee getting moved to the centre and Ingram to RB made us much more solid.

Everyone saying it was a decent watch, I felt it was very stop start and we were lacking in the centre area which is to be expected. Think Braybrooke looks a player and I hope he'll become more involved as he gets up to speed with the squad but he looked a wee bit too anonymous off the ball but if that comes, we'll have a right player on our hands.

Balcombe's kick straight out the park for a goal kick, nowhere near our box was hilarious what was even funnier was when he had the audacity to think his team wanted him to take a free-kick mid-way into our half minutes later only for the CH to tell him to get back in his goal. :lol:

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Probably the better team for 70-75 minutes today, but two utterly avoidable errors in the first half had us playing catch-up all game and considering how hard we tried to hand St Mirren the winner on a plate in stoppage time I can't help but be a bit grateful for the point. Hopefully we're a lot less structurally unsure come our trip to Dingwall in a fortnight, thought we handled the absence of McCowan decently well but can't help but feel we'd have won that with him there. Simon Murray, how you've not scored that 1v1 still has my head spinning. Great save from Balcombe, but c'mon...

Braybrooke looked alright considering he's been thrown into the deep end and hopefully much more to come. Main impressed me today and finally got his first league goal, and big Koumetio looked good until his head knock which forced him off early in the 2nd half. Larkeche looking very suspect again and the LB position looks to have gone from our biggest strength to our weak link at the back. He can make runs for sure though and did well for his goal, Cameron with another excellent pass.

Good time for the international break imo, Doc can figure out how he wants to proceed and we'll hopefully have Clark Robertson and Charlie Reilly back in contention at the very least in a couple weeks' time.

St Mirren still a tough nut to crack, but despite our best efforts they really didn't look like scoring when we weren't handing them goals on a plate, even at the end.

You’ve got to think if he had scored that VAR would have chopped it off for his foul in the build up.  

One of the vagaries of VAR.  if he’d scored it’d have been a foul to Saints.  

Because he didn’t score and it wasn’t enough for a Red VAR could do nothing. 

And yet Dundee get a corner that they could have scored from. 

17 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

What an extraordinary conveyor belt of pint sized twerps the SFA continually produce. They must get all the guys who can't make it as jockeys.

Brilliant!

Describes them perfectly 

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

St Mirren still a tough nut to crack, but despite our best efforts they really didn't look like scoring when we weren't handing them goals on a plate, even at the end. Reckon they'll get up to speed pretty soon now that there's no more European ties in front of them.

I thought we were the better team first half and you lot the 2nd, bar the last 5 or 10 minutes of the game.

Overall Dundee created the clearer chances, so pleased with the point.

Very disappointed with the result, seeing as we were by far the better team. Thought the ref could have taken a tougher line with the hammer throwing visitors. 
However unbeaten we remain. 

2-2 a fair enough result. We were the better side first half, Dundee the better side second half.

Both teams absolutely handed one goal to the other today and both scored one good goal apiece.

We sort of forgot to retain the ball throughout the second half until injury time where we suddenly woke up, it definitely felt like a goal was coming for us at that point.

2 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Big Mika certainly hammered that second goal in. 

It was a hell of a strike to be fair. Thought both your guys up front looked decent but it might just have been our pish defence.