Dumbarton vs The Maroon Machine

6 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Who invited this guy.....😆

Who invited the Fife Gretna into serious football. Back to the EOS you go once every last drop of the ‘conservatory’ money finally dries up

2 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Who invited the Fife Gretna into serious football. Back to the EOS you go once every last drop of the ‘conservatory’ money finally dries up

Must grip you that you're in the same division as us Tarmo, can feel the seethe from you. We've been conservatory free for some time & are doing just fine. Concentrate on your own questionable finances at "the caley" 😆

Just a wee observation guys, maybe you should edit the thread title to ... "(One of the Three) Maroon Machine(s)" ... in this league ...?

It fairly taxes each of my remaining eight active brain cells trying to figure out who's visiting The Rock on Saturday ... 😎

... and aye, it's been a long day! 😏

22 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

The spoon burners are creative in Cowden. Is Dumbarton a classy location I assume given this? 

Classy doesnt cover it.We even scrape the snotters of the walls in the bogs.Thats how classy we are at the rock.

14 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Unlike yourselves we weren't invited we got up through the leagues if you remember correctly 😉 

Joel was only good for half an hour or so last week, so not sure if he'll be ready to start. But if he is fit then I'd be really tempted given how good we looked with him and Ruth together, albeit against an Arbroath side who looked bereft of any confidence.

What I would say for certain though is that Cammy Clark has earned a start. Either at left-back, left-wing-back or left of a back three. Maybe even at left centre-back to let Durnan move across depending on if we get a signing in the door today like Faz had hinted. Could even move Mikey Miller to full-back and have Carlo on the wing given he was involved heavily in both goals last week.

I feel like we've got options. This team has bags of spirit and is a good watch. But it now needs a win - especially with the cup break next week. 

Fair play to Kelty. They've had a terrific start and after losing Gourlay and Lyon I had them down to struggle a bit, but that looks like a horrendous shout. I've really enjoyed watching their highlights, they look really sharp with plenty of energy up top and Tam O'Ware strolling things at the back. 

The weather looks great, we've got a team I enjoy watching and we're playing some no-mark mob from a village of about 40 people that I didn't even know existed. Six goals, a clean sheet and three points for Scotland's most historically significant football club please, Stevie!

Edited by Jan Vojáček

Doesnt look like any incoming today before the game.Im guessing we will start the same as last week with maybe Cammy Clark being a change in the first 11.

Disappointing not to get anyone today but hopefully someone will be brought in next month.With Greg Young still short of fitness we effectively have a squad of 18.Our record with injuries is not good not helped by the playing surface.Ideally we need 2 more both being CBs.

I’ll be taking in the FA Cup 1st qualifying round instead, since we still aren’t streaming.

A win tomorrow would be huge. I don’t think they’ll be too much concern creeping in if we don’t, but the more weeks go by without one, it will become a bit of a monkey on the back.

Is tomorrow the first win in the league for our Sons?.
It would be a great statement against the leaders but Kelty look fluid and attack minded when they want.

I'm thinking a little defensive in the midfield are, try and close down the Kelty wingers and show them into the heart of our team, we do that, we have  a chance

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I have only one comment on tomorrow's game.  Please Dumbarton, when it comes to short corners, no means f***ing no.

That is all.

Nothing wrong with a short corner every now and then. How many times do we score from a corner that’s put straight in to the box? 

58 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Nothing wrong with a short corner every now and then. How many times do we score from a corner that’s put straight in to the box? 

As recently as two weeks ago we equalised from one at Cove.  Against that, of the last 97 Sons short corners only 15 have resulted in a ball into the opposition box, whilst 28 have quickly ended up in our box.

Weather looks like it'll be good today. Gentle breeze. Dry and pleasantly warm. Should be ideal conditions for football. It'll be interesting to see if the recent poor weather has had any effect on our pitch. It'll also be interesting to see if Faz finally learns that we play our best football when Shiels and Carlo are allowed to be aggressive down the wings.  I wouldn't be against doing something crazy and traditional, like playing Clark at left back, Shiels at left midfield and going almost 4-4-2, with Mumbongo starting beside Ruth up front. Let Ruth drift about and keep Joel as a main target for him to play off. Right midfield is the one of either Orsi or McGuffie.

It's still not ideal. I don't like having to play Miller as a centre half. But I still reckon that Shiels is wasted playing left back, that Hilton is wasted trying to play as a deeper midfielder and that Ruth needs support. We've looked far better so far when we've gone behind and decided that we actually need to press and chase games. Play with that urgency before we're inevitably behind and we might actually take something from more games. 

9 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

As recently as two weeks ago we equalised from one at Cove.  Against that, of the last 97 Sons short corners only 15 have resulted in a ball into the opposition box, whilst 28 have quickly ended up in our box.

I bow to your superior statistical knowledge.