East Fife Vs Clyde

Next on the road is a trip to sunny methil for the bully wee, I feel this is going to be either a thumping win for us or we'll play ok not score and still lose two silly goals. We haven't been at it so far this season and if we have ambitions of top 4 then we need to start picking up points especially against promotion rivals. 

If IM can just stop tinkering with the team and just play everyone in their natural position like Hamilton back in the middle. After last weeks timid second half performance I'd go with trying Connolly through the middle and moving Connell further up with Jordan coming in later on Big Logi Bear is suspended so the team I'd go with is:

Kinnear 

Hynes McKay Hamilton Robson 

Grant Murdoch 

Redfern Connolly Scullion 

Connell 

We need a performance this week and hopefully the 3 points will be coming back down the road. This will be a tough game no doubt I fancy East Fife to challenge this season.

I'd probably go with something like that team, with Houston replacing Hynes when fit, and Cuddihy replacing Connolly (or Leitch, who I would probably pick instead).

Simply need to go out and win this one; no excuses this week.

- Kinnear -

- Hynes - Hamilton - McKay - Robson -

- Murdoch - Grant - 

- Redfern - Connell - Connolly -

- Allan -

I think I'd go with the above. If Houston is fit I'd bring him in, of course. My head tells me I'd want Allan out but my heart tells me that Connell sitting just off him is absolute carnage waiting to happen.

Like others have said, this is already must win so please Clyde FC do not ruin another weekend.

38 minutes ago, BWAClyde said:

I don't think Connolly has offered anything so far and would be behind both Scullion and Leitch in the pecking order at the moment.

I actually thought he looked quite dangerous against Bonnyrigg, but I'd agree he hasn't really shown up like what was expected. I don't think Leitch has looked up to it either though, and I don't think Scullion is best used as a winger. He's obviously very fit, which makes him a candidate for it.

Ultimately I think it's trying to pick the best of a fairly mediocre bunch, unfortunately. I think Redfern has been good when he's come on, which is a positive.

Whatever side McCall puts out this week should obviously have Hamilton at CH and whatever RB is fit (other than Lyon who despite some saying he is ok, he’s not he’s a liability over 90 mins) then they should start. 
I would also have Scullion nowhere near wide Left position, does not have the ability to play there effectively.
What we badly miss and have done for many years is a central midfield player who bombs forward and commits defenders. In fact not since Bryson which is ridiculous. To many similar none effective clones play centrally nowadays. Murdoch is very good and should be the sitting controlling central midfield player. Could Scullion play that central role next to him rather than Grant who is forever tidy and nothing more. Scullion certainly has the fitness and pace to at least try that?

Allan has to start as there is little option but might not be a bad thing as I think h needs a run, but I’d like to see someone playing closer to him, not Rennie though. Hopefully Redfern starts too. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

2 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Whatever side McCall puts out this week should obviously have Hamilton at CH and whatever RB is fit (other than Lyon who despite some saying he is ok, he’s not he’s a liability over 90 mins) then they should start. 
I would also have Scullion nowhere near wide Left position, does not have the ability to play their effectively.
What we badly miss and have done for many years is a central midfield player who bombs forward and commits defenders. In fact not since Bryson which is ridiculous. To many similar none effective clones play centrally nowadays. Murdoch is very good and should be the sitting controlling leader layer. Could Scullion play that central role next to him rather than Grant who is forever tidy and nothing more. Scullion certainly has the fitness and pace to at least try that?

Allan has to start as there is little option but might not be a bad thing as I think h needs a run, but I’d like to see someone playing closer to him, not Rennie though. Hopefully Redfern starts too. 

Any chance you could get this to McCall? Starting to worry the guy hasn't got a clue...

Rather than the starting line up, what 3 subs at h/t are likely to come on!!... I'm waiting on McCall to choose his starting lie up with the correct players in their preferred position, if Allan doesn't score this weekend I'd put him in goals next week🫢  

33 minutes ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

Rather than the starting line up, what 3 subs at h/t are likely to come on!!... I'm waiting on McCall to choose his starting lie up with the correct players in their preferred position

See to be honest other than this continued Hamilton at right back rubbish, I thought he got the starting line up pretty bang on last Saturday

On 28/08/2024 at 11:48, Brian Carrigan said:

- Kinnear -

- Hynes - Hamilton - McKay - Robson -

- Murdoch - Grant - 

- Redfern - Connell - Connolly -

- Allan -

I think I'd go with the above. If Houston is fit I'd bring him in, of course. My head tells me I'd want Allan out but my heart tells me that Connell sitting just off him is absolute carnage waiting to happen.

Like others have said, this is already must win so please Clyde FC do not ruin another weekend.

I wouldn’t be so concerned this early- I’m sure we’ll stay up

30 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Nathan Austin on form and usually scores against us…

I know that I am completely setting us up for a disaster on Saturday, and that he is a better player than simply a goal scorer, but he has scored 4 goals in 15 games against us.

Don't even know how McCall will go about setting us up for Saturday. If Cuddihy is back in the fold then I'd be tempted to just ram the middle of the pitch, with Scullion playing left of a four and the aforementioned on the right, and Connell/Allan up top. Play a pair of actual full-backs and tell them to get out there, bomb forward and dae hings.