Celtic v Rangers: Sun 1st Sep, 12:30

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No doubt, but it’s a skill managers need. 

See also - Barry robson “we can’t expect to come to Glasgow and dominate rangers” immediately after a cup final defeat with no shots on goal. These things stick. 

It doesn't bother me,  the guy has stayed at Rangers despite being misled about how bad things are.   

9 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Same level.... Rangers slightly further up the dial at the moment maybe but they are the same and attract the same sort of people. This idea that Celtic are somehow the acceptable face of secterian bigotry while Rangers are the unacceptable needs knocking on the head. Both are unacceptable in the 21st century and deserve the contempt, scorn and ridicule of decent people everywhere.

Absolutely laziness of the highest order........

Also Celtic hav won the title year after year and it's not flung in anyone's face.

The rangers win it and it's flags on lamposts, fans on main roads,in the middle of towns disrupting ordinary people's life's,just like they're pals in the "o/order" etc etc 

Well aware of Celtic and find a lot of what it's about unpleasant but they do not interfere with people's life's, like the other lot do.

The level of sectarianism from the 2012 is on other level also,Edmiston House on Saturday and it's up to our knees in ****** blood, a facility run by the club !!

The 2012,the most hated club in Scotland by far now,culturally,politically they're morally adrift.

16 minutes ago, bennett said:

It doesn't bother me,  the guy has stayed at Rangers despite being misled about how bad things are.   

Then his ability as a coach has to come into question. Who has he actually improved in his time at Rangers? 

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

IMG_8631.jpeg

Do a St Mirren one of those and it’s three entries, on repeat until the circle is filled…

That was a great result.

That was a shite result.

That was a decent draw.

….and repeat.

38 minutes ago, AJF said:

What a bet that is 👏🏻 

Cheers. I quit my job a couple of months ago and I’m over in Ukraine so that has just extended my stay for another month. Lost out on 2.5k in the end but there’s no chance I was risking that :lol: 

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Absolutely laziness of the highest order........

Also Celtic hav won the title year after year and it's not flung in anyone's face.

The rangers win it and it's flags on lamposts, fans on main roads,in the middle of towns disrupting ordinary people's life's,just like they're pals in the "o/order" etc etc 

Well aware of Celtic and find a lot of what it's about unpleasant but they do not interfere with people's life's, like the other lot do.

The level of sectarianism from the 2012 is on other level also,Edmiston House on Saturday and it's up to our knees in ****** blood, a facility run by the club !!

The 2012,the most hated club in Scotland by far now,culturally,politically they're morally adrift.

I'm guessing you aren't a shopkeeper or resident in Glasgow's Trongate area ?

There's a myth been cultivated around the Celtic support that they are somehow less inclined to hardline bigotry than their bitter rivals.  On the evidence of a lifetime spent in a town with a large number of Old Firm followers I consider the pair of them to be equally culpable.  But as well as their football, Celtic's PR is much better.

• Your team is absolutely shite.
  • Seeing your rivals across the city bringing in players you can only dream of.
  • Seeing your rivals winning title after title and trophy after trophy.
  • Your stadium is falling apart and you've had to move out to get it fixed.
  • You blame the board for your team being shite.
  • You believe the referees are against your team and for your rival across the city.
  • You believe there is a SFA conspiracy against you.

For those old enough, we've seen this movie before in the 1990s, just with the other lot playing the leading role.  Celtic & Rangers fans are exactly the same, and they always will be.  Entitled arseholes who simply cannot accept their team is shite just because they are shite.

Not all reboots are great, but I'm enjoying this one. 

Edited by Desp

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm guessing you aren't a shopkeeper or resident in Glasgow's Trongate area ?

There's a myth been cultivated around the Celtic support that they are somehow less inclined to hardline bigotry than their bitter rivals.  On the evidence of a lifetime spent in a town with a large number of Old Firm followers I consider the pair of them to be equally culpable.  But as well as their football, Celtic's PR is much better.

This, there was a lot of shoving it random confused peoples faces last night in Dumbarton High Street, good few of the young team having their own parade outside the Harp club annoying every passer by as there were no actual Rangers fans to intimidate. For some cultural or political reason there is a lot of people that support either side who have (not so deeply repressed) anger and violence issues and feel the need to get in other peoples faces whether they are winning or losing.

7 minutes ago, Urban Spaceman said:

This, there was a lot of shoving it random confused peoples faces last night in Dumbarton High Street, good few of the young team having their own parade outside the Harp club annoying every passer by as there were no actual Rangers fans to intimidate. For some cultural or political reason there is a lot of people that support either side who have (not so deeply repressed) anger and violence issues and feel the need to get in other peoples faces whether they are winning or losing.

It's less about politics or culture and more to do with herd triumphalism or despondency.  And let's not forget the powerful part played by 'indoctrination' on one side and 'tradition' on the other.

54 minutes ago, Desp said:
  • Your team is absolutely shite.
  • Seeing your rivals across the city bringing in players you can only dream of.
  • Seeing your rivals winning title after title and trophy after trophy.
  • Your stadium is falling apart and you've had to move out to get it fixed.
  • You blame the board for your team being shite.
  • You believe the referees are against your team and for your rival across the city.
  • You believe there is a SFA conspiracy against you.

For those of old enough, we've seen this movie before in the 1990s, just with the other lot playing the leading role.  Celtic & Rangers fans are exactly the same, and they always will be.  Entitled arseholes who simply cannot accept their team is shite just because they are shite.

Not all reboots are great, but I'm enjoying this one. 

Putting aside some of your other valid points, our stadium is going through an upgrade rather than a repair. 

4 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Game went pretty much as expected.  We are absolutely miles off them, but it's the same mistakes being made over and over again that is so disappointing.

I know that Clement is trying to protect his players to an extent, but his comments about stats are pretty embarrassing tbh.  We could have played all day and only one team would have been on top.

The board need to take the brunt of the blame for where we are, but the players and the manager don't get away scot free either.

It certainly looked that way. I didn't see very much from Rangers in an attacking sense beyond a couple of crosses and the obligatory Dessers fluffer, which I found strange. Celtic played at a terrific tempo and pinged the ball about well and it looked like Rangers were struggling to keep up.

To be honest, I'm not sure what your board of directors can do. Scottish football isn't exactly a great sell. The budget is limited, and you don't have millions in the bank like Celtic do although you'll end up miles ahead of the rest of us. You're also limited by having to pay for those stadium works at Ibrox. 

Edited by AndyM

23 minutes ago, AndyM said:

It certainly looked that way. I didn't see very much from Rangers in an attacking sense beyond a couple of crosses and the obligatory Dessers fluffer, which I found strange. Celtic played at a terrific tempo and pinged the ball about well and it looked like Rangers were struggling to keep up.

To be honest, I'm not sure what your board of directors can do. Scottish football isn't exactly a great sell. The budget is limited, and you don't have millions in the bank like Celtic do although you'll end up miles ahead of the rest of us. You're also limited by having to pay for those stadium works at Ibrox. 

We're run by folk that would be more at home in charge of a bowling club.  We've allowed too many players to leave for nothing, and have hamstrung the current manager with overpaid dross that we can't get rid of.

45 minutes ago, AJF said:

Putting aside some of your other valid points, our stadium is going through an upgrade rather than a repair. 

I was genuinely curious as to what the work was for.

"Rangers has announced plans for a small-scale expansion of Ibrox Stadium that will incorporate changes to the Copland I am genuinely curious ad to what the works are.Road Stand including a new cantilever, enhanced access for disabled fans and an expanded singing section."

'The Stadium Business.com'

Ah....

"Rangers was reported to be weighing up a potential expansion of Ibrox that would significantly increase the capacity of the stadium. The expansion could see the capacity of Ibrox increase from 51,000 to 70,000, according to The Herald."

Is that to cater for 19,000 away fans ?.             

1 minute ago, cyderspaceman said:

I was genuinely curious as to what the work was for.

"Rangers has announced plans for a small-scale expansion of Ibrox Stadium that will incorporate changes to the Copland I am genuinely curious ad to what the works are.Road Stand including a new cantilever, enhanced access for disabled fans and an expanded singing section."

'The Stadium Business.com'

Ah....

"Rangers was reported to be weighing up a potential expansion of Ibrox that would significantly increase the capacity of the stadium. The expansion could see the capacity of Ibrox increase from 51,000 to 70,000, according to The Herald."

Is that to cater for 19,000 away fans ?.             

Haha, at this rate it may well be!

The large scale stadium expansion char was always a bit pie-in-the-sky stuff.

I think they conducted a feasibility review for it but said it would cost far too much and be too much work. Hence they’ve opted for smaller increases as I imagine they will eventually carry out the same works in the Broomloan stand.

Just now, AJF said:

Haha, at this rate it may well be!

The large scale stadium expansion char was always a bit pie-in-the-sky stuff.

I think they conducted a feasibility review for it but said it would cost far too much and be too much work. Hence they’ve opted for smaller increases as I imagine they will eventually carry out the same works in the Broomloan stand.

It was the Herald, tbf.

I heard Souness on Talksport earlier and he was adamant there is not much between the teams and things can turn quickly in football.

What was funny to me though was a Celtic fan from Blackpool called in and Souness actually queried why he supports Celtic, the fact he is from Edinburgh escapes him but the caller immediately after was from NI and Souness didn't query why he was a Rangers fan.