Junior football - What is the future?

3 hours ago, Parkranger said:

Great option for locals to have a team in the area from a different grade / level.  Can get that thinking.  The vast majority of WOSFL clubs have that mindset even if they don't openly say-so. 

As much as things have changed being a separate entity and option for people to the absolute nightmare that is anything overseen by cabal at the SFA had its merits. 

I have never heard so much rubbish in my life.
Options for locals is that there are more teams in their area, doesn't matter if two are in the senior leagues or in amateur's leagues and at different levels, they have options.

No sorry, the vast majority want to stay, there are some that are disillusioned but that in reality is for a few reasons, all the traditional junior teams in the fourth division hate being in with the new teams but guess what, they are there on merit because just now they are shite.  Traditional junior teams like Rutherglen Glencairn, Benburb, Maryhill etc... are happy, over the moon they have moved over and now don't ever intend to go back as they are all trying to further their club.  If anything, more clubs are turning their back if the chance to go back to the old ceiling ways ever happens.

No one here thinks the pyramid system is an absolute nightmare.  Lets put it this way, either take being in a system run by the SFA or leagues run by the SJFA 🤣 I think I know where the majority would chose.    Yes both are shite and both are corrupt but at least joining the WOSFL you can progress and clubs are doing just that.  The WOSFL was founded in 2020, 4 years ago and loo how well many clubs are now doing.

We are now in a system where clubs can be licensed, can play in the Scottish cup continuously each year making money and can progress through the leagues if they want and you miss the old days 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

This is a dead horse, I have never heard any clubs even the ones like Talbot actively pursuing to end the WoS league. For that to happen you'd need support of the big teams like Talbot who I believe still have a lot of sway over other teams, Pollok, Beith, Bankies etc...to support it which none of the ones mentioned I think would be in favour of. 

I still think the pyramid system is flawed while you have the LL in place. Tier 5 should be WoS Prem, EoS prem, HL there is no need or benefit to the LL. The winner of the 3 leagues play in a play off and winner of that goes into SPFL 2 play off. For the pyramid to work the LL needs to be scraped however turkeys don't vote for Christmas and the LL teams for a lot of them know they'd struggle to compete in WoS prem. 

100% i back you on the top premier clubs but even if one wanted to go back, the rest wouldn't, too many have put too much into it and enjoying the perks of the Scottish cup etc... and many want to sample the same and are trying their best to get licensed..

We all agree that the pyramid system is flawed in quite a few ways at SPFL2 and LL but you have to remember, we have stopped or made it harder for new clubs or old clubs to now join the WOSFL at the bottom of the pyramid, so we are flawed there. We are doing to new teams what the LL are doing to us, but at least we could have one team promoted to the LL..

I'm a guy who doesn't follow a team, I go to games in the EOSFL, WOSFL LL and watched SOSFL teams over the past 4 years.  I'm going to disagree with many on here, the LL is very strong.  I would put my house on it that any team from the premier league made it to the LL, they would not get promoted in their first year if the standard is as it is now.  That league is constantly getting stronger each year, yeah a few clubs are failing now and then but it is rising and if a WOSFL then were promoted to it, the standard of al the teams would rise again.  Yes we agree if some were relegated from the LL they would struggle in the WOSFL premier

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

What reasons do these clubs have for starting a new junior league, other than they want to class themselves as junior rather than senior?

Is it that they want to go back to more local leagues? (ie Ayrshire and Glasgow districts, but lets not forget it was the juniors that got rid of it)

Is it they just want to play in the SJC and the WosfL dont leave a gap for it in the fixtures calendar?

Is it something else?

How much has actually changed for clubs in the west, they moved over en-masse from the Juniors so the majority are playing the same teams in the same leagues. Wouldnt it be better to work with the current board to make changes rather than start a new league an isolate themselves from the rest of scottish football?

2 minutes ago, honestly united said:

What reasons do these clubs have for starting a new junior league, other than they want to class themselves as junior rather than senior?

Is it that they want to go back to more local leagues? (ie Ayrshire and Glasgow districts, but lets not forget it was the juniors that got rid of it)

Is it they just want to play in the SJC and the WosfL dont leave a gap for it in the fixtures calendar?

Is it something else?

How much has actually changed for clubs in the west, they moved over en-masse from the Juniors so the majority are playing the same teams in the same leagues. Wouldnt it be better to work with the current board to make changes rather than start a new league an isolate themselves from the rest of scottish football?

Honestly mate, safe yourself some grief. Nobody is starting any new league. The OP was started by a chap enjoying fairly strong lager probably with the intention of winding up some gullible people.

It is a stooshie with hee-haw foundation. Again.

Just now, Black Pennel said:

Honestly mate, safe yourself some grief. Nobody is starting any new league. The OP was started by a chap enjoying fairly strong lager probably with the intention of winding up some gullible people.

It is a stooshie with hee-haw foundation. Again.

Was literally trying to type something similar out but my head was too sore... Thanks for clarifying it for me! 😂

At least we can see how daft an idea it is and can finally put it to bed now

The bosses at the SJFA killed it, it's gone... Time to move on and enjoy the football rather than constantly living in the past and trying to put down the new setup. Maybe once some of the current WoS board move on too, we can do that properly

27 minutes ago, Spyro said:

The bosses at the SJFA killed it, it's gone... Time to move on and enjoy the football rather than constantly living in the past and trying to put down the new setup. Maybe once some of the current WoS board move on too, we can do that properly

Close the thread before the cardinal has to cancel some poor soul who digs so deep that there is no way out.

Do the right thing.

39 minutes ago, Spyro said:

sjf.jpg

14 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Close the thread before the cardinal has to cancel some poor soul who digs so deep that there is no way out.

Do the right thing.

Nah, if folk can't control themselves it's on them. The rest of us can have a laugh without taking it too far

4 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

No sign of them along with the usual disabled enclosure etc 

How do you know what clubs are doing behind the scenes. Always quick to criticise others without knowing any facts. 

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

How do you know what clubs are doing behind the scenes. Always quick to criticise others without knowing any facts. 

The fact is that there’s no sign of any work on site towards licensing.Thats a fact.

4 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

The fact is that there’s no sign of any work on site towards licensing.Thats a fact.

As is often mentioned there's more to licensing than groundworks. The licensing process only recently reopened as well. You have no idea what stage they might be at currently. 

Was reading a post on Dunipace's page in the east forum earlier. The chat was about their experience moving to the EOSFL; when they left West Juniors I think they were club 64. In the EOSFL they are 6th in Prem, have a Scottish Cup game tomorrow. The part of the post that grabbed my attention was a comparison from when a Junior club they had 1 team. Now, in addition there is an excellent u20 setup, a woman's team and a fully functioning youth setup; hopefully incorporating both boys and girls.

There in one post is an answer to; what has joining the pyramid done for my club.

The West Dev Lge is almost full of invested clubs and the standard of play and competition has been excellent, a number of clubs have close links with local youth clubs and some have now incorporated them into the body of the kirk, I have no info on women's teams outwith the south I'm afraid.

I know that some clubs,when junior had youth setups and such like but don't recall it being so widespread.