Stirling v The Spartans

3 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Excuse my ignorance. But will this be the first visit of Spartan fans to the stadium of fright?

We played Spartans at Forthbank in one of the cups, back when Mickey Lawson was their manager. Can't remember if it was the Scottish or not, but vaguely remember they gave us a tough battle.

3 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

We drew 2-2 at Forthbank in the Scottish Cup against Whitehill Welfare when Lawson was the manager. Won the replay 2-1 with a last minute Sandy Cunningham goal.

You're of course correct Mike. My shaky memory again.  Yes it was Whitehill with Mickey as manager. 

We've only ever played them once, away in the cup in 2001 at their old ground. Alex Williams came off the bench to score on his debut for us that day. They also had the least safe 'terracing' I've ever seen, which was just a steep grass verge behind the goal. And there were no turnstiles either, just some woman sitting at a desk collecting the entrance money 🤣

25 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

We drew 2-2 at Forthbank in the Scottish Cup against Whitehill Welfare when Lawson was the manager. Won the replay 2-1 with a last minute Sandy Cunningham goal.

The away game was crazy. Former Albion man Gary Thom got sent off late on, and that added to Sandy's late winner let to a rammy between the players as they made their way off the pitch. 

32 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

Still available on YouTube 

1 hour ago, StewartyMac said:

We've only ever played them once, away in the cup in 2001 at their old ground. Alex Williams came off the bench to score on his debut for us that day. They also had the least safe 'terracing' I've ever seen, which was just a steep grass verge behind the goal. And there were no turnstiles either, just some woman sitting at a desk collecting the entrance money 🤣

Your describing the stadium?? exactly as I remember it. Did the pitch not have a noticeable slip.

21 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Excuse my ignorance. But will this be the first visit of Spartan fans to the stadium of fright?

First time against the Albion, they have played Stirling Uni every season since both joined Lowland League.

Alternative tactics board - time for some changes up front as it's not working with Roy & Carrick. Need to get wide and stretch their defence. Defence was shocking last week so hope that is sorted.

lineup.png

When Saturday comes around 🇵🇪

Here we go again, this time it's Spartans at home on the grass at Forthbank 

Pitch looks amazing btw 👌 👏 

Thought we started decent last week but slowly EF took control of the game & individual errors cost us silly goals... i thought DG could have done better with the first 3 of them but that's football, hopefully we can bounce back today.... heard a few cringeworthy shouts last week of AM will be lucky to make it to Christmas...Bailey Dahl is murder & Harry Wright is a waste of space...these 2 players are just kids...we need to support them...& the manager inherited a shambolic situation...we have 6 points out of 12.... it's going to be a bumpy ride this season... inconsistency will be there...but we need to stick with the team...we have no option... what was good to see was Ross Davidson back on the park...it's going to take him a good few weeks to get match fitness back, but i think he is going to be a real help in the middle of the park, especially to Ricky Waugh.

Was hopeful of a few new signings this week but we might pick up a few free agents upcoming...here's hoping anyway 

Hopefully a good week at training & we bounce back from last week... doesn't seem to be happening for Ally Roy at the moment, so it might be a change upfront...Carrick & McKiinley 

Other than that i don't see many more unless a few back from injury 

Harkness still to feature, Hilson injury, Ewan missing injured since ECFC, Denham shut down for the season.... does he drop Crane into WB & take Dahl out for a rest & bring in Milne...or maybe maybe Milne for Weir (just thinking about it to freshen up) as i don't think he will risk Davidson for more than 30 mins 

Anyway as long as the effort & desire is there, be brave on the ball & also want the ball,, no need to panic in possession, find a man & be positive... last week is behind us, C'mon the binos  💪 🇵🇪

Great stuff and much improved from last week. Thought Brown and Harkness (until he went off) fitted in well and bodes well for the future. Davidson's goal as good a free-kick as you will see at FB. Still a long way to go but starting to look like a team with more strengths than weaknesses and fighting for each other.

Well that was a bit more fun.

Peach of a free kick from Ross Davidson,fit to win any game.

What a way to mark your first start back in nearly a year.

Everything was a little bit better.

Young Harkness looked decent going forward and Adam Brown made a difference.  We actually managed to get the ball wide and create.

I thought Aaron weir put in a great shift when he came on too.

Back four was way better than last week and Geeks was man of the match for me.