Todays scores 31/8

5 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Just listened to Stewart Maxwell's post match interview in the wake of the darvel defeat,  fair play the guy doesn't hide but is he totally incapable of giving any opponents an ounce of credit?  Not once have I heard him doing so and he really comes across as obnoxious and very blinkered.  Shoogly peg surely. 

Was the pitch bobbly?

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

Just listened to Stewart Maxwell's post match interview in the wake of the darvel defeat,  fair play the guy doesn't hide but is he totally incapable of giving any opponents an ounce of credit?  Not once have I heard him doing so and he really comes across as obnoxious and very blinkered.  Shoogly peg surely. 

Maybe a fair comment generally speaking(and I can see the Clydebank boys have once again shown how easily rattled they are) but I do think his tone on yesterday's game is reflective of what we watched. Darvel didn't need to be particularly good yesterday given how bad we were. 

Not sure he'll be under serious pressure, as much as some fans seem to be on the brink. Going to be a season of ups and downs for us given the smaller squad.  

1 hour ago, Dean Learner said:

Maybe a fair comment generally speaking(and I can see the Clydebank boys have once again shown how easily rattled they are) but I do think his tone on yesterday's game is reflective of what we watched. Darvel didn't need to be particularly good yesterday given how bad we were. 

Not sure he'll be under serious pressure, as much as some fans seem to be on the brink. Going to be a season of ups and downs for us given the smaller squad.  

Nobody’s rattled by that delusional idiot. 😂

7 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

Nobody’s rattled by that delusional idiot. 😂

I don’t agree with some of what Maxwell says and how he says it as sometimes it’s just excuses  but his challenge frankly is to keep Lok competitive and in the division..Clydebank will steam ahead and win this league I am sure as there isn’t any other team with the consistency and depth in the league 

Edited by Lokloyal

12 hours ago, Dean Learner said:

Yet here we are a month later and you're still going on about it. 

Not rattled, i think its ridiculous and he should be mocked at every possible opportunity for the most deluded post match interview ever. The guy saw bobbles on the pitch and invented a microclimate event that only he could see. 

18 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Talked the same crap when he played... Inept in Management 

17 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

He does hide I seen him run away and refuse to give interview after the Talbot game when Talbot strolled it towards end of last season. He was meant to have done a lap of honour when they won there 

Personally don't like calls for a manager to lose their job. Interestingly though, there were a few posters on here predicting that Pollok would regret giving him a long term contract when they did. That looks a wise prediction now. 

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Personally don't like calls for a manager to lose their job. Interestingly though, there were a few posters on here predicting that Pollok would regret giving him a long term contract when they did. That looks a wise prediction now. 

It’s hard to see that we have improved at all since he took over.Of course it’s against a difficult financial scenario but just the tactics etc seem lacking amongst other things.

3 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

It’s hard to see that we have improved at all since he took over.Of course it’s against a difficult financial scenario but just the tactics etc seem lacking amongst other things.

Whit is the financial scenario?? 1000 at the geme…… how can Pollok not put a competitive team on the park with that?  Years of overspending catching up? 

10 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Whit is the financial scenario?? 1000 at the geme…… how can Pollok not put a competitive team on the park with that?  Years of overspending catching up? 

Cup game so less expenses and Darvel's cut.

16 hours ago, Ben10 said:

Gate receipts aren't enough to run a competitive team in this league. You need other revenue streams. I'm sure a well run club like Pollok are working hard on that front but even 1000 through the gate only goes so far. 

22 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Gate receipts aren't enough to run a competitive team in this league. You need other revenue streams. I'm sure a well run club like Pollok are working hard on that front but even 1000 through the gate only goes so far. 

Well run? 

They can't hire a bus because of payment issues.

For me travelling around it is a toss up between Pollok and Talbot for home support, however I think Talbot always seem to travel in better numbers. I would be going Talbot - Pollok - Bankies for attendances. 

I think Pollok are far from well run, can't criticise their fans as they are continuously supporting the club. However I am unsure how much longer they will support the club under maxi. 

If clubs are getting 1000 paying customers in before hospitality, there is no reason why they can't be sustainable off that. In terms of catchment area it is certainly a much more affluent area than the likes of Auchinleck or a Clydebank, for me giving their fan base I don't think it should be difficult to run a club properly. I always wonder how the likes of Talbot can year after year be winning or runners up in league with no real big backers, if they can do what they do why can't Pollok?