Heart of Midlothian v Dundee United

Surprised there's not a thread on this, I'd have thought the United fans would be chomping at the bit given our start.

This is, maybe unfairly, getting into must win territory for Naismith. If we head into the international break with another poor result and Celtic away on the horizon, it's really going to turn toxic.

In my opinion we should be setting up as sensibly as possible, and by that I mean players in their right positions. 

Hopefully we go back to a back 4 and Shankland is fit.

I'll go for a narrow home win and Naismith can relax for a week or two.

We’ve had a reasonable start to the season in terms of results, Hearts less so; that said our performances have not been great.

I’m assuming a bit a fatigue after the Thursday night European game so maybe Goodwin will try a high intensity start to capitalise on this and look to score first.

I’d imagine the same starting XI and the same formation as St Johnstone game and I hope like in that game Goodwin is willing to change things as early if things aren’t going our way.

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We’ve had a reasonable start to the season in terms of results, Hearts less so; that said our performances have not been great.

I’m assuming a bit a fatigue after the Thursday night European game so maybe Goodwin will try a high intensity start to capitalise on this and look to score first.

I’d imagine the same starting XI and the same formation as St Johnstone game and I hope like in that game Goodwin is willing to change things as early if things aren’t going our way.

I can't imagine how our players are fatigued from Thursday tbf, most of them never broke sweat 

46 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I can't imagine how our players are fatigued from Thursday tbf, most of them never broke sweat 

They should be raring to go after that light training session.

38 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Shankland definitely out?

Seems to be no news either way. Which makes me think he's out.

Boyce also has a groin issue I think so not sure if even he'll be available.  If both are out It'll likely be Vargas through the middle on his own which I'm not sure about.

14 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Seems to be no news either way. Which makes me think he's out.

Boyce also has a groin issue I think so not sure if even he'll be available.  If both are out It'll likely be Vargas through the middle on his own which I'm not sure about.

Oh well. On the face of it a good time to play you which means only one thing. Hearts away must be our worst fixture outwith the Old Firm. Even in the 80s and 90s we couldn't buy a win there.