The Warriors v The Bairns

Stenhousemuir took their 6 pens well 👍 

On another day would & should have been out of sight by half time…….but if you don’t take your chances you are always at risk of a break away or a ref error & their pen was a bit of both.

Few observations similar to others:

1. We missed the guile of Spencer, movement of Nisbet & goal scoring instinct of Morrison

2. Stanley should go out on loan to regain confidence 

3. Henderson indiscretion not intentional but can see why ref gave red card

4. Performance of couple players could be a blessing in disguise if it means we now go for a striker on loan

42 minutes ago, BPM said:

Let’s be honest your keeper saved you from a hiding. Well played him. 

Yeah, he's one of the members of our team. Well played him. He was better than the opposition today, which I guess is why we won. That's your point isn't it? Our goalie was better than anything your team could muster.

6 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Yeah, he's one of the members of our team. Well played him. He was better than the opposition today, which I guess is why we won. That's your point isn't it? Our goalie was better than anything your team could muster.

He saved you from a hiding. That is my point. 

7 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Stenhousemuir took their 6 pens well 👍 

On another day would & should have been out of sight by half time…….but if you don’t take your chances you are always at risk of a break away or a ref error & their pen was a bit of both.

Few observations similar to others:

1. We missed the guile of Spencer, movement of Nisbet & goal scoring instinct of Morrison

2. Stanley should go out on loan to regain confidence 

3. Henderson indiscretion not intentional but can see why ref gave red card

4. Performance of couple players could be a blessing in disguise if it means we now go for a striker on loan

I just don’t see the point in spending money for someone, like Shanley, who is not going to play. The only reason we sign a striker is in case Maciver gets injured. I can’t see bigger clubs loaning a player to us that doesn’t play. 

3 hours ago, BPM said:

He saved you from a hiding. That is my point. 

I wouldn’t say he did anything special.  We didn’t threaten at all.  The shot at the end of the first half I would expect any half decent keeper to get, and other than that I can’t remember anything other than regulation saves.  We just weren’t taking enough chances.

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

I wouldn’t say he did anything special.  We didn’t threaten at all.  The shot at the end of the first half I would expect any half decent keeper to get, and other than that I can’t remember anything other than regulation saves.  We just weren’t taking enough chances.

That is his job.

Felt sorry for Shanley. His only real chance fell to him on the stroke of the half time whistle & he hit it straight at the keeper.

You can’t account for the slip & double touch pen, it’s a rarity, but it does happen in football from time to time. Others had slipped during the game, so he wasn’t alone.

Maybe trying too hard, given the limited game time he’s had since arriving & is feeling some sort of unjustified pressure.

3 hours ago, BPM said:

That is his job.

Of course it is.  But he didn’t save them from a hiding.  You could have played in goal with the same result.  Truth is we were pretty inaccurate with our chances and Stenny were very well organised at the back to limit clear chances.

10 minutes ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

You are a world of contradictions. 

He did his job. The Falkirk players didn't. Yet he saved Stenhousemuir from a hiding. 

Sounds like it was more to do with the Falkirk players' inadequacies.

You will know about inadequacies following stenny tbf 

They're hurt. They're not scarf on the pitch hurt like a few years ago, but hurt all the same. They had their eye on this cup, and it's gone. To us. Who will then go out with a whimper to yer Ayr Uniteds. Fantastic stuff! 

Edited by Christophe

13 minutes ago, Christophe said:

They had their eye on this cup, 

Our manager booked a hip replacement for this weekend and we made several changes to our line up. 

Can you explain then the context of the above claim?