Blue Toon vs Sons

Who goes through?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes through?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/09/24 at 14:00

12 hours ago, strichener said:

Or maybe we were just a little bit better and quicker than your guys.

Oh, how lucky you all are. Enjoy the League 2 title boys 😂

My comment was completely tongue in cheek but always nice to get a couple of bites 🙃

Good luck in the next round! 👍

On 07/09/2024 at 19:35, strichener said:

Aye, there were a few meaty challanges from you guys.  Your number 9 was lucky to stay on the park after an elbow to the face, a couple of needless challenges and then a tackle that could and should have been a straight red.

On 08/09/2024 at 02:11, squeezebox-son said:

We're not exactly a dirty or particularly heavy handed outfit. Maybe you guys are just a bit soft... 

After watching the highlights I think it's fair to say, there wasn't a single challenge made by Joel that warranted a yellow, never mind red, card. Unless the terrible ones were just missed from the highlights?

Must have also missed the "Elbow to the face" 😂

Edited by squeezebox-son

37 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

After watching the highlights I think it's fair to say, there wasn't a single challenge made by Joel that warranted a yellow, never mind red, card. Unless the terrible ones were just missed from the highlights?

The highlights were probably edited to be acceptable for children viewing as they've also missed out the high boot in the face that Pawlett got.

3 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

"Highlights"

10 hours ago, Pedro Cabeza said:

The highlights were probably edited to be acceptable for children viewing as they've also missed out the high boot in the face that Pawlett got.

😂 can't have been that bad then. Seen the Peterhead snowflakes lose their shit on the bench at one point after a player was outmuscled off the ball. But no apparent "high boot" near anyone's face was shown, right enough. Fabricated nonsense.

I didn't even realise there was a thread for this. Hi, frens. Sorry I missed you!

Pawlett wasn't kicked in the face fwiw. It was a high boot from (I think?) Ryan Blair, but he actually booted the ball right off his mush from about 4cm away. It was a foul and probably a yellow card. Probably more sore than being kicked in the face from that angle.

There was absolutely nothing in Joel's booking; no issue with it being a card for persistent fouling given every time he went near the ball the referee blew his whistle. But the reaction from the dugout is a bit mental. If that tackle happens on the other side of the park I doubt anyone even notices.

Good luck for the rest of the season anyway guys. Max Barry looks like he could be a bit of a find. I assumed watching him he was on loan from Aberdeen or something, hadn't realised he's your player. He was the one guy on the park who looked a step above, and thoroughly deserved to be the matchwinner.

Max Barry came via Buckie Thistle but agree he looks good. Dylan Forrest is settling in well & our whole midfield seem to work well together. We changed out 6 players on Saturday but have a squad this season that makes that possible. Have coped well with having Rory running down a bit & Shanks out for 3 monthes