Ross County vs Dundee FC - 14/09/2024

Heading up for this; got a long weekend planned, so apologies in advance for the constant rain that will inevitably plague my trip.

As for the game itself - if we can avoid calamitous defensive errors, we should score enough to win. Would like to see Seb starting again, although Main played well on Saturday, as well as some minutes for our new French winger at some point.

I think Main playing centrally on Saturday was a choice based on who, precisely, we were playing and their style of robust, combative football, so I expect Murray to be back in the middle next time out, and SPH playing down the right again. 

I thought Main did what was expected of him quite well. His best game in dark blue so far, looked sharper than he has previously, and didn't let Gogic and Co knock him around. If that's a role he can play for the rest of the season then he'll be a good option to have around.

4 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

He will score, but will he celebrate?

That surely depends on what exactly he scores.

If he scores the skin of a sea bass, and does an absolutely top notch job of it, he would be mad not to celebrate. Likewise if he scores a particularly good piece of classical music. If he scores a supply of illegal drugs, celebrating might draw unwanted attention and would therefore be advised against. Were he to score a football goal for Dundee FC, I suspect he might celebrate as this would be seen as a good thing by all representing Dundee FC, though the celebration may be tempered slightly out of a desire not to overly upset the Ross County FC fans, as he very recently played for them and may retain a soft spot for them and their fans. Were he to score a goal in the wrong net (an "own goal", in Ross County's favour), he would most likely not celebrate as that would be seen as a generally negative thing by all representing Dundee FC, although depending on the strength of his soft spot for his former employees I would like to think he might let out a small, internal 'yippee' in such a scenario.

1 hour ago, The Great Stagsby said:

That surely depends on what exactly he scores.

If he scores the skin of a sea bass, and does an absolutely top notch job of it, he would be mad not to celebrate. Likewise if he scores a particularly good piece of classical music. If he scores a supply of illegal drugs, celebrating might draw unwanted attention and would therefore be advised against. Were he to score a football goal for Dundee FC, I suspect he might celebrate as this would be seen as a good thing by all representing Dundee FC, though the celebration may be tempered slightly out of a desire not to overly upset the Ross County FC fans, as he very recently played for them and may retain a soft spot for them and their fans. Were he to score a goal in the wrong net (an "own goal", in Ross County's favour), he would most likely not celebrate as that would be seen as a generally negative thing by all representing Dundee FC, although depending on the strength of his soft spot for his former employees I would like to think he might let out a small, internal 'yippee' in such a scenario.

If it wasn't clear the next game is against Highland opposition this post just highlights that in pus-punching fashion. 

Bunch of f**kin' fox hunting, dungaree clad, shinty enthusiast bassa's. 

Hopefully relegation looms as we finally get our very own Highland clearances back to League 1/2 and beyond, joining Sandy Cromorty and them ICT morons.

Thank you. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If it wasn't clear the next game is against Highland opposition this post just highlights that in pus-punching fashion. 

Bunch of f**kin' fox hunting, dungaree clad, shinty enthusiast bassa's. 

Hopefully relegation looms as we finally get our very own Highland clearances back to League 1/2 and beyond.

Thank you. 

Well said, the sooner this 'Uncle Roys Project' gets punted into league 1 where it belongs, the better. IMO.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, Liam899 said:

He won’t celebrate.

Yes he will. He just celebrated a key goal away to former club Hibs and explained post-match that while he still thinks fondly of Hibs and their fans, he'll celebrate a goal against anyone. 

I remember him celebrating Dundee United's opener against us in the McPake injury derby. He'll be kissing the badge when he scores in Dingwall, make no doubt.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee