Portugal v Scotland

JS_FFC

2 hours ago, MarkoP said:

We’re due a freak turn in fortunes

Will this be the day?

Been utterly depressing the last 10 months

We only require 11 guys to give their best performances in almost a year 😜

You only get 20/1 odds for a
0-1 Scotland win tonight. That is stingy as f**k by Bet365. I’m almost moved to message them and say so.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

You only get 20/1 odds for a
0-1 Scotland win tonight. That is stingy as f**k by Bet365. I’m almost moved to message them and say so.

There's an outside chance that we somehow get a win, but odds on us keeping a clean sheet ought to be astronomical.

I guess if Ronaldo insists that he takes all the shots again?

I wish teams wouldn't show us respect. I'd rather Portugal thought, 'Och, it's just Scotland, they're diddies. We'll play our third choice team, rest our top players, but let CR come on in injury time to boost his cap total.'

Of course, their third choice team would rinse us.

13 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I wish teams wouldn't show us respect. I'd rather Portugal thought, 'Och, it's just Scotland, they're diddies. We'll play our third choice team, rest our top players, but let CR come on in injury time to boost his cap total.'

Of course, their third choice team would rinse us.

Didnae work out so well for Spain mind you. 😄

The mentality on here sums up why we’re not a forward thinking independent of ten years country.

I share your reservations about tonight but with the correct strategy and a bit of luck a positive result is possible 

Edited by MarkoP

14 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I suppose turning things around, would anyone take Roberto Martinez as Scotland's Mens National Team manager?

Ooft good luck, I got shot down for suggesting this months ago

This is how I'd start tonight. Ideally I'd like to fire Hanley into the sun but I don't trust Porteous not to be a f**king idiot.

I considered strongly starting Doak out wide right, bringing Christie back and dropping McGinn but I'm not sure throwing Doak in front of Max Johnston from the start against Portugal is the wisest idea. At least Christie would track back and offer some defensive protection.

Screenshot_20240908_071412_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0028eedc84514d96e0099c4f5386aad2.jpg

28 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

Ooft good luck, I got shot down for suggesting this months ago

I'm not particularly endorsing him. He seems to have landed in two International roles with a high standard of player but has failed based on expectations.

Twisting again, would Steve Clarke have done better with the resources available? 

16 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I considered strongly starting Doak out wide right, bringing Christie back and dropping McGinn but I'm not sure throwing Doak in front of Max Johnston from the start against Portugal is the wisest idea. 

So long as you're giving your proposed line-up lots of careful thought, it lets us all rest easy.