Portugal v Scotland

JS_FFC

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The errors for the past 5 goals came from 5 different players.

Are you suggesting dropping all 5?

Why not? This is the beginning of a campaign season, and it remains the case that there isn't really a settled best team. The worst that can happen is that the team can continue to get beaten. The alternative is coasting along until eventually enough of Clarke's favourites find themselves below EFL League One or (gasp!) Scotland.

Might as well admit that injuries have gubbed this particular golden generation and figure out what comes next.

4 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Aye, if we all scrunch up our eyes, clench our fists and believe really hard at the same time then we'll get a result.

Did you unclench? Your nation needed you. For shame.

2 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I'm genuinely curious what individual errors people are going on about.

I watched the Ayr game today. The two Rovers goals were each as a result of individual errors on behalf of the Ayr players responsible. The reason those players made those errors is because they are not very good at football, and have been making those errors constantly for years.

Lots of positives over the two games, but we flung a point away on Thursday night and in the second half tonight we couldn't keep possession high up the pitch to take the pressure off the defence. 

I think we’ve proved we can play a back 4 and not get totally scudded

Would Tierney and McKenna make a partnership?

we can’t now go back to a 5 just because Tierney gets briefly match fit

Will Nathan Patterson be back for October?

Feeling way more positive than before these games, we need to start getting results

Very close to a decent start- 2 draws would have been a good return

Oh well , feeling better about Clarke inevitably being in charge through this and World Cup qualifying 

I thought it was quite similar to the Spain game last October, only we maybe had even more of "a go." Some big players dropped stinkers, Dykes, McSauce, Gunn and the CBs seemed to have great games, but Gunn did look dodgy for the first and it seems that McKenna messed up for the second. 

I don't really think anything's changed with Clarke. We're better than we were in the summer, but everyone who backed him after the Euros will still back him and everyone who wanted him out will continue to want him out. The last goals this past year or so has been a very worrying trend though. 

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’d love to live in your World where Scotland are winners. 

Better than your world mate , when you seem happy at being second best , but as long as “ we tried wur best “ attitude .

I bet you’re one of the “ it’s not the winning that matters ,  it’s the taking part” , whingers 

Just now, Unleash The Nade said:

Better than your world mate , when you seem happy at being second best , but as long as “ we tried wur best “ attitude .

I bet you’re one of the “ it’s not the winning that matters ,  it’s the taking part” , whingers 

Have you just moved to Scotland or something? When has it ever been otherwise? Scotland are shite at football. Deal with it.

How many times have Scotland lost from a promising position over the years? Must be a few times. Yet you still think we’ll win against anyone? More fool you.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Have you just moved to Scotland or something? When has it ever been otherwise? Scotland are shite at football. Deal with it.

How many times have Scotland lost from a promising position over the years? Must be a few times. Yet you still think we’ll win against anyone? More fool you.

Ten years and "too wee, too poor, too stupid" still as fresh as a daisy.

12 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I'm genuinely curious what individual errors people are going on about.

Genuinely curious how you would describe the two penalties conceded and that one Gunn chucked in tonight.  

1 minute ago, ScottishLoon said:

People still trying to suggest polands first goal was a gunn mistake?

The thing I struggle to understand is that commentators and co-commentators just have to find a culprit. I didnt think Gunn could have saved Polands first goal and I didnt necessarily think McKenna was at fault at Portugals winner.

4 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

People still trying to suggest polands first goal was a gunn mistake?

Don’t think so but Billy lost it cheaply in midfield and then the pitch opens up for the shot 

in fact watching it back, it’s a pish pass from McLean into Billy

Edited by 101