Ayr United ⚪️⚫️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡

Doolan Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Chalmers is going to put one in the top corner from 30 yards.  It’s completely inevitable.

Either this or he will fall over his own feet in the first five minutes and never recover from the embarrassment. Having just watched Harry Milne's performance vs Alloa, I am fair looking forward to seeing him up against Watret and Henderson.

11 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Either this or he will fall over his own feet in the first five minutes and never recover from the embarrassment. Having just watched Harry Milne's performance vs Alloa, I am fair looking forward to seeing him up against Watret and Henderson.

It will be interesting to see if there is a reaction from Milne(and others) after last Saturday's game. Harry has been consistently our best performer this season and was a little surprised at the drop in performance/concentration in last 15 to 20 minutes of game.In saying that he did set up BBG beautifully for his goal and up until last 15 mins or so was bombing up and down the wing,so tired 28 year old legs against an in form 21 year old Buchanan for Alloa might have been the issue at end of game you allude to .

Ayr should win this, based on form alone. 
our defence has been dodgy since McCann was injured, it wasn’t great with Musonda at right back either, experiments with Rus on left wing didn’t work so hopefully we will revert to Hastie/Murphy out there. 
Playing out from the back only works if you have someone to pass it to and we got caught twice on Saturday but rectified it shortly after half time. 
Thistle will go on an 8 game unbeaten run at some point like they always seem to do so hopefully we’ll play them just before that starts. 

We concede a lot of goals against Thistle traditionally so I am not confident that we will win, a 4-4 draw is more likely. 

18 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Just noticed this on Twitter and I’m wondering if it’s the club that organises the buses and are they supplemented by the club in any way? Or are they just publicising  fan run busses?

£20 return to Ayr….better getting the train. 

54 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Just noticed this on Twitter and I’m wondering if it’s the club that organises the buses and are they supplemented by the club in any way? Or are they just publicising  fan run busses?

The buses are independent of the club but part of a supporter's federation who do have meetings with the club. There is a totally independent boozy bus too.

52 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

The club don't have anything to do with the buses, either organisation or funding-wise. But they (usually) always post this kind of message to provide fans with information. There's another bus as well which isn't promoted by the club, and is probably the most popular bus going just now.

Agreed with @callum-ayr as well - it's very pricey to get a supporters bus these days.

54 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The club don't have anything to do with the buses, either organisation or funding-wise. But they (usually) always post this kind of message to provide fans with information. There's another bus as well which isn't promoted by the club, and is probably the most popular bus going just now.

Agreed with @callum-ayr as well - it's very pricey to get a supporters bus these days.

Does seem quite pricey. It’s years since I did a supporter’s bus and the hook was it was the cheapest way to get to an away game. Any Ayr fans on here want to admit to being on the supporters bus going to tynecastle late 80’s? Caught up in a non moving traffic jam on the Kingston bridge and the bus driver was reluctant to let fans off for a pee. Eventually let people off to relieve themselves only for the traffic to start moving and pissed up fans chasing the bus on foot.

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Years ago I believe some of the buses were fairly reasonable if you paid for the season but expensive to book as a one off so the infrequent users were essentially subsidising the regulars, going by those prices I assume not much has changed.

🎯

3 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Does seem quite pricey. It’s years since I did a supporter’s bus and the hook was it was the cheapest way to get to an away game. Any Ayr fans on here want to admit to being on the supporters bus going to tynecastle late 80’s? Caught up in a non moving traffic jam on the Kingston bridge and the bus driver was reluctant to let fans off for a pee. Eventually let people off to relieve themselves only for the traffic to start moving and pissed up fans chasing the bus on foot.

Not sure if that was late 80s?

An almost identical incident happened on the way to the cup QF at Tynecastle. A few of us pished through the central gap into the Clyde while traffic police on the other side did their nut. Also turned out Mr Williamson of Kilmarnock was in a car two behind the bus. Missed opportunity there.

1 minute ago, Peil said:

Not sure if that was late 80s?

An almost identical incident happened on the way to the cup QF at Tynecastle. A few of us pished through the central gap into the Clyde while traffic police on the other side did their nut. Also turned out Mr Williamson of Kilmarnock was in a car two behind the bus. Missed opportunity there.

Kudos!  Not too many people can claim to have had a pish on the Kingston Bridge. Late 80’s/early 90’s something like that. I’m not proud of myself but that era is messy from a memory point of view. 

My dad helped run the Jackie Husband bus in the 90s and early 00s, he coordinated a mini lottery thing called the Tote where members could not only buy entries themselves, they could sell entries to other people (normally the regulars in whatever pub they drank in) which raised a good chunk of money and kept the costs for both members and non members down. 

My role was normally checking the results on a Sunday morning and phoning the Evening Times with the results later in the day.

Not sure of any similar scheme kicking around these days. 

Would only really go on a supporters bus these days if it was a ground nowhere near a train station. 

Remember going to Aberdeen late 70s, busses didn't have toilets then, driver ( Geordie Roy ?) did a lot of driving for Ayr supporters at the time just opened door and you stood holding the door handle and hoped you didn't piss your breeks 🤣

14 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I went on a travel club bus to Tynecastle in the late 80s. It went the Eaglesham route. We then had to wait for ages as a few folk decided to steal the Merry down from the Spar in Eaglesham. Can't remember if we had to wait on the police or not.