Airdrie Vs Falkirk

After a one year hiatus the fixture that redefined the concept of the "binfire thread" is back.

Airdrie come in to this after a strong win yesterday but still beleaguered with injuries to key personnel and after an inconsistent start to the league campaign.

Falkirk have started very strongly and have shown they can dig things out when required. Most sensible folk will have them nailed on for the standard "up from league one and into the playoff spots" phenomenon that happens every year.

I'm unconvinced that our hoodoo over Falkirk from 2021-2023 will continue this year, but can see this being a close game. Would take a point here as it stands.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

After a one year hiatus the fixture that redefined the concept of the "binfire thread" is back.

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I hear Airdrie fans prefer their binfires outside Holiday Inns these days, mate.

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Looking forward to getting back to league business. That said, I am unconvinced we win the game without Brad Spencer so very much hope he returns to the starting lineup. Would be nice to see Nesbitt and Morrison into contention aswell. We've been good since the season started but I have a fairly inexplicable feeling that we need to return to full soon or we might see a wee bit of a drop off. Can't put my finger on it would just feel better if those two.i. particular were back amongst it. 

I'd also really like to see Calvin Miller restored to the left hand side. 

Getting tight score draw feels but as usual this season, they'll get a well deserved big, vocal support.and we'll see where it takes us. 

5 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

When do the tickets go on sale for this?

Can't see any links on either AFC or FFC websites or on twitter, can only see Airdrie season tickets, maybe just me looking in the wrong place. If there is a link can someone please stick it on here?

Thanks

Not an exact science but we usually put ours up 4 days or so before the game. So likely Tuesday.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Looking forward to getting back to league business. That said, I am unconvinced we win the game without Brad Spencer so very much hope he returns to the starting lineup. Would be nice to see Nesbitt and Morrison into contention aswell. We've been good since the season started but I have a fairly inexplicable feeling that we need to return to full soon or we might see a wee bit of a drop off. Can't put my finger on it would just feel better if those two.i. particular were back amongst it. 

Getting tight score draw feels but as usual this season, they'll get a well deserved big, vocal support.and we'll see where it takes us. 

Pretty much how I feel. We've been playing at 70% and getting great results, but feel we need a few of these key players back ASAP to make sure we get it up to 80-90%. Spencer, Nesbitt and Morrison all fully fit would make a massive difference, our tempo with Nesbitt playing is a notch higher.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

If Spencer is not fit I would be tempted to pop Henderson into midfield, MacKie to CH and McCann in at LB. Yeats was poor yesterday in midfield. 
I hope Nesbitt and Morrison are back in the reckoning. 
If all are fit I would go 

Hogarth 

Adams Donaldson Henderson Mackie

Spencer Tait

Alfie Nesbitt Miller

Maciver 

leaves a strong bench 

Morrison, McKenna, Yeats, Ross, Shanley, Oliver 

Won’t make this as off on holiday and even allowing for Rome being slightly more scenic than Airdrie pretty gutted at missing what should be a real blood and snotters match.

Obviously last visit was beyond awful but expect us to take the points in a tight battle.

48 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

It’s important we get that left back position right.  I hear Airdrie are quite strong on the far right…

Their big team isn't playing until Sunday either, so they'll be out in force.

I'd maybe give McKenna a punt at centre mid if Hendo and Spencer  are out.  Disappointing if Adams has to move to centrehalfs as it does blunt his attacking threat on the right hand side. Another tough away game though. Any points away from home this season are a bonus if you ask me.