Rock Bottom Pars v Not Much Better Rovers Friday 13th clash

Shows the level these cu**s have dropped to that a win v an out of form, injury ravaged 10 men for 75mins is so celebrated. If it hadn’t been for the deflected goal then I reckon that was heading for nil nil.

Tonight hasn’t changed my mind that Dunfermline will struggle this season but it confirms that we need to get our finger out smartish. I believe that is a total of 7 (seven) shots on goal *target in our 1st 5 league games.

The sending off was obviously pivotal but we showed very little before hand and showed little fight or intent after it. Shocking from ourselves.

Edited by Pride of Fife
*target

53 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Raith looked really poor. No idea how they’ve regressed so badly, so quickly. Their players don’t look happy at all. They were constantly shouting at each other.

This is my worry. Something is definitely not right in our squad. Whether it was Murray being sacked or something else. But we need to sort it out soon or it could be a relegation battle. 

2 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

This is my worry. Something is definitely not right in our squad. Whether it was Murray being sacked or something else. But we need to sort it out soon or it could be a relegation battle. 

Fair play to Sam Stanton who clearly is staying out of it

Just now, FitbaSupporter said:

Yeah. I didn’t want to focus too much on performance, given how long they played with 10 men. But the attitude/mentality was very different from what we saw last season. They’re not responding to adversity well at all and look like a bunch of individuals. Whereas, last year, I thought their team spirit seemed great. From the first minute, there seemed to be a lot of aggro between Raith players and it doesn’t seem like a good place to be right now.

Worth noting that the red card came from really poor communication. Murray and Dabrowski both left it for each other. I get that these things happen, even in teams with good team spirit. But that was far from the only time that it looked like Raith players didn’t want to take any responsibility and seemed to want to find a teammate to blame for things. 

Can’t get too worked up by the defeat. Always going to be a struggle with our injuries, then the red and the fact that you are never going to just win derby after derby. Dunfermline outplayed and outfought us and deserved the three points tonight. 

It’s the wider shit show  around the club that really worries me. We shouldn't be surprised by the Rovers ability to follow up a great season with a crap one or shoot themselves in the foot with bizarre decisions, it’s just the fact that we believed this lot were different. Honeymoon well and truly over. 

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Worth noting that the red card came from really poor communication. Murray and Dabrowski both left it for each other. I get that these things happen, even in teams with good team spirit. But that was far from the only time that it looked like Raith players didn’t want to take any responsibility and seemed to want to find a teammate to blame for things. 

You tend to get grief if you question Dabrowski on here as he is a great shot stopper, but feels like his shit kicking/errors is seeping into the rest of defence and creating a nervousness that wasn’t there before. Could be because we don’t have a settled back line but definitely think there’s a Big Kev factor at play also. 

Thought we started brightly and struggled more when Rovers went to ten men and sat deep. I felt at times we wern't moving the ball fast enough with Hosler hugging the touchline we were too late getting it across to him allowing rovers to shuffle across rather than allowing him to attack the space.

Raith were poor but we didnt really carve them open too many times while dominating the ball. Happy with a solid win really in the end topped off by a great finish for the second.

Partick next and hopefully Matty Todd back soon to add some options into that attacking midfield spot.

Thought Cooper looked good when he came on too.

I'm not sure what to make of Raith, they played a large part of the game with 10 men so that limits them a little. But the league table doesn't lie, and from what rovers fans have said its not too dissimilar to a few performances this season.

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

5 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

You tend to get grief if you question Dabrowski on here as he is a great shot stopper, but feels like his shit kicking/errors is seeping into the rest of defence and creating a nervousness that wasn’t there before. Could be because we don’t have a settled back line but definitely think there’s a Big Kev factor at play also. 

Yeah. Was probably more noticeable in the first half than the second. But we seemed to have a clear game plan to frustrate your players and it worked. We seemed to start pressing when Dick or Stevenson had the ball, put them under pressure and the whole defence just started to panic, play a quick pass sideways/backwards before eventually someone (usually Dabrowski) just punted it anywhere, or you lost possession. Nobody wanted to be responsible for playing out of that situation and it inevitably ended up with Dabrowski punting it anywhere and/or a Dunfermline throw/corner. Then they’d all just start shouting at each other and throwing their arms in the air like it wasn’t their fault.

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah. Was probably more noticeable in the first half than the second. But we seemed to have a clear game plan to frustrate your players and it worked. We seemed to start pressing when Dick or Stevenson had the ball, put them under pressure and the whole defence just started to panic, play a quick pass sideways/backwards before eventually someone (usually Dabrowski) just punted it anywhere, or you lost possession. Nobody wanted to be responsible for playing out of that situation and it inevitably ended up with Dabrowski punting it anywhere and/or a Dunfermline throw/corner. Then they’d all just start shouting at each other and throwing their arms in the air like it wasn’t their fault.

It was pretty worrying that it was pretty clear early on that we just kept resorting to punting high balls towards Callum Smith which he was never going to win, and we couldn't cope with the pressure from the Pars players as we were so slow with the ball.  But nobody, either on the pitch or the dugout, seemed to know what to do about it.

I texted my Dad during the first half saying the game was like watching an attack vs defence training practice.  Anytime we did get the ball back, we'd end up just thumping it back to you so that you could start again.    

Edited by SanStarko

Natural order restored and the minks put back in the wee team box. What an actual shit show today from rape rovers offering the square root of hee haw. I really like your new manager, long may he continue with his half time riverdance shite, makes for a giggle when you get pumped. Where's the cartoons relating to getting handed you're arse? 

Edited by Rammit Bawdeep

4 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

It was pretty worrying that it was pretty clear early on that we just kept resorting to punting high balls towards Callum Smith which he was never going to win, and we couldn't cope with the pressure from the Pars players as we were so slow with the ball.  But nobody, either on the pitch or the dugout, seemed to know what to do about it.

We must have played the same ball into the same area from goal kicks almost always just turned over possession to the Pars. The fifth or sixth time we did it, Kane broke and it led to the red. A bit alarming that Collins didn’t see after the first four time that it was a f**king stupid approach.