Rock Bottom Pars v Not Much Better Rovers Friday 13th clash

33 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Weren’t McGlynn’s multi year deals only for Gullan and Ross? I think the current manager will struggle with Potter’s multi year deals more than Murray should have with Mcgylnn’s. 

Also had Jamie MacDonald, who wouldn’t have been on a cheap contract.  Brad Spencer whose deal seemed to be that he had the option to sign on for another year each season if he wanted to and the club just had to hang on waiting to see what he decided.  Probably one of the deals that Sim referred to when he said he’d been told a lot of the contracts were fully in favour of the player than the club.  There was also Berra but he hung up the boots early doors.  

39 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Weren’t McGlynn’s multi year deals only for Gullan and Ross? I think the current manager will struggle with Potter’s multi year deals more than Murray should have with Mcgylnn’s. 

Gullan, Ross, Connolly (which we renewed and removed said clauses I believe), MacDonald as well I think. I don't think the deals we have with players now are problematic unless the new manager doesn't fancy the players in question. 

Well, there's been no wanky, self congratulatory cartoons yet, but if you do scrape a win I look forward with morbid predictability to a standard puerile effort punted out on behalf of you all.

However, I'd love nothing better to see us beating you lot and asking why there's no "wanky, self congratulatory cartoons" on offer.

Predicting a Pars win and you all wallowing in your collective misery.

2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Regan Hendry with the first goal in the 5-1 game in Covid season has to be up there. 

Edit: The passing build up, the movement, the finish. Outstanding

Fantastic team goal, we were so good that night and nobody got to see it live damn you covid damn you to hell!

Much as I don’t want to piss on our own chips I think the Main Stand Archibald Leitch claim is a long perpetuated myth/legend, at least it is according to John Greer. It was designed by somebody else.

36 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Much as I don’t want to piss on our own chips I think the Main Stand Archibald Leitch claim is a long perpetuated myth/legend, at least it is according to John Greer. It was designed by somebody else.

"The unusual L-shaped main stand that houses the players dressing facilities and the supporters lounge was designed by the renowned Grandstand architect Archibald Leitch and was built with part funding from the sale of Alex James to Preston North End in 1925. Other funding came from a loan scheme that was not finally paid off until 1946."

Loan scheme paid off with the sale of Jackie Stewart (Ian's dad) to Birmingham City. Maybe it should be named the Jackie Stewart Stand!😄😄

6 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Potter who knows Scottish football and the division, compared to Meggle who does not and was rarely in the country. Barrowman who also knows Scottish football and the division, compared to Cook who does not

I always think is massively overstated in general. 

It takes about an hour to 'know' the league. A few more hours and a manager can know everything about every team in the division.

Knowing Scottish football doesn't take very long either.

Just being involved in Scottish football doesn't know a person knows it, as we regularly hear and see from pundits every single week, many of whom are ex managers and will probably get a job at another club