๐ŸŸกโšซ๏ธ Alloa vs The Caley ๐Ÿ”ต๐Ÿ”ด

What a strange game Dead and buried with 20 minutes to go with Caley being the better team and "bang" bigย  sammo making the difference as he usually does as an impact sub then we are pushing for the winner with caley really hanging on !!ย  crazy stuffย 

We were poor today bar the Good spell when we scored the 2ย  we really missed Waters and roberts but its good that we can do this considering theย  circumstances .

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

f**king. Hell.

Took him only 27 seconds to mention the pitch. Must be a recordย 
ย 

My favourite line is โ€œWeโ€™re undefeatedโ€ฆapart from that one we lost at Annanโ€ so weโ€™re not undefeated then? f**king moronย 

Mad because someone should probably mention football is played over 90 minutes. And that Alloa have the most clean sheets in the league - or that Celtic are yet to concede if we're talking the whole country for a defensive record.

Strikes me as completely bizarre to be so upbeat when Inverness capitulated so comprehensively to not see out the game.

Thought Inverness were good in the first half, and for 25 minutes in the second and donโ€™t think we could have any complaints if we were 3 or 4 down. Sammon coming on and Oโ€™Donnell going out wide changed the game for us and was disappointed not to grab a winner in the end (couldnโ€™t have imagined thinking that at 2-0 down).

Have to say Invernessโ€™s performance made it all the more bizarre that they decided not only to settle for a point but to time waste at every given opportunity as we were there for the taking today.ย 
ย 

Somehow top of the league but as has been said for the last 6 weeks - need a striker and a winger at a minimum on loan.

Spoiler

Excellent Twitter updates @LeodhasXD๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

31 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Mad because someone should probably mention football is played over 90 minutes. And that Alloa have the most clean sheets in the league - or that Celtic are yet to concede if we're talking the whole country for a defensive record.

Strikes me as completely bizarre to be so upbeat when Inverness capitulated so comprehensively to not see out the game.

If you try and understand his logic youโ€™ll give yourself a sore head.
ย 

Montrose have conceded less than us, you have more clean sheets so god knows how heโ€™s decided weโ€™ve one of the best defensive records in the countryย 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ve said this before but he speaks and acts like the results donโ€™t actually matter. I think heโ€™s spent far too long in youth football.

It was the relegation playoffs that got me thinking this. We had no interest in trying to beat Montrose away in the first leg and the way we came out in the second leg against Hamilton was ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

f**king. Hell.

Took him only 27 seconds to mention the pitch. Must be a recordย 
ย 

My favourite line is โ€œWeโ€™re undefeatedโ€ฆapart from that one we lost at Annanโ€ so we

โ€™re not undefeated then? f**king moronย 

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Totally bizarre, we're all in miles away from Celtic and this clown runs a compalirison98

Totally bizzare

We were absolutely brutal in the first half and apart from Cammy O'Donnells free kick did nothing, PJ Morrison the only one to get pass marks for keeping us in the game.ย 

Andy Graham has to be given praise for the substitutes and Connor Sammon especially was brilliant when he came on. As others have said Cammy playing wide made a difference and led to an excellent cross for Connor's goal. I thought Thomson did fairly well on the left side given he has no left foot.

A 2-2 draw when you come from two down almost feels like a win.

I noticed at half time Stevie Hetherington looking absolutely raging, assume something was shouted at him when going off. He wasn't great but neither were the other nine outfield players.

Fair play to Caley for bringing a decent support given the distance and fact they have to travel so far every second week.

Need to start better against Kelty next week.

Edited by Magic Hat

2 hours ago, Magic Hat said:

We were absolutely brutal in the first half and apart from Cammy O'Donnells free kick did nothing, PJ Morrison the only one to get pass marks for keeping us in the game.ย 

Andy Graham has to be given praise for the substitutes and Connor Sammon especially was brilliant when he came on. As others have said Cammy playing wide made a difference and led to an excellent cross for Connor's goal. I thought Thomson did fairly well on the left side given he has no left foot.

A 2-2 draw when you come from two down almost feels like a win.

I noticed at half time Stevie Hetherington looking absolutely raging, assume something was shouted at him when going off. He wasn't great but neither were the other nine outfield players.

Fair play to Caley for bringing a decent support given the distance and fact they have to travel so far every second week.

Need to start better against Kelty next week.

Anyone shouting at Stevie Hetherington, given the effort he puts in every ninety minutes, needs their head looked at. IMO.

I couldn't make the game (should be back going for the Kelty game). Clearly we've been poor and played into Inverness's hand, allowing them to hit us on the break with pace and power.

We're struggling just now (Partick game aside, which is a different scenario) with injuries and loans still to come. Waters, Kurtis, Luke R and Scougs are big losses from our starting eleven. We all know that. We're doing well in the circumstances.

When I saw big Sammo had come on, I thought "he'll knick a goal". Still got a big part to play for the club.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Duncan Ferguson is a simpleton.

No argument here, although to be fair I thought his interview was OK.

Whether I'd think that if I'd listened to his previous x number of similar interviews....

From where I was stood it looked like Caley hit the post second half but highlights show it was actually a good save from PJ to tip it onto the post.

He's improved a lot this season but still gives me the fear coming for crosses