The KVV/ Europa failures derby Saints v Killie 14/09/24

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

To be fair, I don't think there are many Saints fans defending Rooney.

He's a good player at this level and his aggression is a big part of his game, but he's also a liability. I take my hat off to him as not every player would've had the the balls to not give the ball back against Brann (which was the right thing to do) but he sails to close to the wind too often for me.

How many times have we been on the end of shithousing and nativity? I'm all for it.

Admittedly be a bit sensible.

Rooney got a yellow against Aberdeen and could easily have had two. He should certainly have had a red against Dundee for his double foul on their keeper. Everyone's agreed that he should have had a red yesterday after having two kicks on the Killie player. St Mirren fans must love him.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Rooney got a yellow against Aberdeen and could easily have had two. He should certainly have had a red against Dundee for his double foul on their keeper. Everyone's agreed that he should have had a red yesterday after having two kicks on the Killie player. St Mirren fans must love him.

Yes and no. Love some of the things he’s added to a team admittedly not in best form - as Iacovitti has done. However, many of us don’t particularly like his ‘bad boy’ act. Running around like a Robbie Savage wannabe type. No need. His red card is coming for sure if he keeps up some of his stuff - Naismith will have his team all over it for next week. Bet your mortgage on it.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Yes and no. Love some of the things he’s added to a team admittedly not in best form - as Iacovitti has done. However, many of us don’t particularly like his ‘bad boy’ act. Running around like a Robbie Savage wannabe type. No need. His red card is coming for sure if he keeps up some of his stuff - Naismith will have his team all over it for next week. Bet your mortgage on it.

Good luck next week. Keep the Jambos on the bottom.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I agree with this, but I remember the first being particularly soft. Similar to Mandron yesterday, that the second one was worth a yellow. Are referees too quick to show a first yellow trying to put a marker down, then back off from giving a second one?

More likely just poor refereeing. The ref yesterday was very inconsistent. Mandron and - especially - Rooney, were both fortunate. Also, Kennedy had a foul a couple of minutes into the second half which was about the clearest yellow of the day but doesn't even get a talking to.

11 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Are referees too quick to show a first yellow trying to put a marker down, then back off from giving a second one?

Not for us, nah. Joe Wright and I think also Stu Findlay's two yellow cards in the games they were sent off were their only offences. 

That's not to say their second offences weren't completely moronic challenges. But then so was Mandron's.

3 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Not for us, nah. Joe Wright and I think also Stu Findlay's two yellow cards in the games they were sent off were their only offences. 

That's not to say their second offences weren't completely moronic challenges. But then so was Mandron's.

Fair point. The players need to take responsibility. If you're on a yellow, don't make a daft challenge.

Mandron was lucky but can see why ref didn't send him off.

Rooney is a red card waiting to happen and should have walked. He got away with it but Ref's will have an eye on him now. 

Wright was a clear red after seeing it again on sportscene. No wonder McInnes was angry. Stupid decision. 

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Rooney is a red card waiting to happen

Said it earlier, Naismith will have a struggling Hearts side ready to press the ‘wind up Rooney’ button big time next week. I anticipate much diving, rolling around as if been shot, and generally trying to do kunto Naismith stuff. Robbo’ needs to reign him in, don’t get into any extra curricular bollocks.

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Said it earlier, Naismith will have a struggling Hearts side ready to press the ‘wind up Rooney’ button big time next week. I anticipate much diving, rolling around as if been shot, and generally trying to do kunto Naismith stuff. Robbo’ needs to reign him in, don’t get into any extra curricular bollocks.

100% 

Rooney is a good player who doesn't need to indulge the wind up merchants. 

Danny Armstrong was trying to wind up Brown all game. Not once did he react. 

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I'm sure McInnes had that button pressed yesterday, as would all the teams we've played so far, if they've done their homework.

Didn't quite work out though with Wright's attempt at emulating Vinny Jones.

18 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

That seemed to be Killie’s plan from the off yesterday too.  We got away with it, but need to be more aware of it going forward.