The KVV/ Europa failures derby Saints v Killie 14/09/24

Very different vibes from the last meeting a few months ago with both sides having failed to really get going for various reasons, mainly European-based ones though. Today definitely has a "the season starts here" vibe about it with both teams being desperate for something and taking the McInnes hex aside, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being any score in favour of either side.

...goalless draw incoming then

HT 2-1

Good game, end to end and plenty of niggle from both teams. Lovely flicked header from Olusanya to put us ahead and a sloppy equaliser to concede from a corner a few minutes later.

Thought Mandron was very lucky not to get a second yellow for a wild lunge a few seconds after he got his first yellow. Robinson did too, and subbed him off right after it. 
This is all within the first 20 minutes.

No real chances till the VAR penalty for us, given a couple of minutes after the indirect in question. One of those that hits his hand from pretty close range but it’s in an unnatural position, soft, but a penalty these days.

To round it off a VAR red card for Killie for violent conduct in first half injury time. No idea what that was for but looked like Rooney was involved the way he was laughing as the violent thug trudged off. McInnes raging at the officials, as usual. 
Good fun.

Three points from here, surely. 

Edited by Lex

My head is fully f**king gone here. 

Absolutely fuming. 

The ref has missed Findlay's penalty claim. He's then booked Mandron and when he commits a blatant second yellow foul seconds later he's shat out of giving the red - Robinson subbing him off tells you everything. 

He's then missed Rooney fouling Vassell completely off the ball, fouling Watkins in the box, then kicking Vass on the ground with NO attempt to play the ball at all - a straight red all day long. 

The penalty he gives St Mirren is exactly the type Collum says shouldn't be getting given for proximity to the ball. 

Then with the benefit of VAR replays, he's just watched Joe Wright brush against Rooney and has somehow produced a red. 

Absolutely fizzing and don't think i can watch the rest of this. This should be a "players hauled off by McInnes" job.

26 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Nothing to do with the 2 fouls from mandron . 

The second one happened right in front of me.  Zero contact. Yet it resulted in a feigned injury and multiple Killie players looking for a sending off.  

Well, they did get one. 

Just now, deadasdillinger said:

Absolutely fuming. 

The ref has missed Findlay's penalty claim. He's then booked Mandron and when he commits a blatant second yellow foul seconds later he's shat out of giving the red - Robinson subbing him off tells you everything. 

He's then missed Rooney fouling Vassell completely off the ball, fouling Watkins in the box, then kicking Vass on the ground with NO attempt to play the ball at all - a straight red all day long. 

The penalty he gives St Mirren is exactly the type Collum says shouldn't be getting given for proximity to the ball. 

Then with the benefit of VAR replays, he's just watched Joe Wright brush against Rooney and has somehow produced a red. 

Absolutely fizzing and don't think i can watch the rest of this. This should be a "players hauled off by McInnes" job.

I repeat

Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, deadasdillinger said:

Absolutely fuming. 

My God 😂😂😂😂