⚫⚪ Queen's Park vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪

I predict six pages of stadium abuse patter and one on the game itself.

The fact this game isn't at Hampden is an absolute disgrace, and I doubt you'll find any QP fan that thinks otherwise. However, if we finally get a result against Morton I'll be demanding we play them there for every home game.

Our record against Morton is horrendous, and our form coming into this game is worrying, so I can't say I'm particularly optimistic about this Saturday. Hopefully Rudden is back as, for all his flaws, I think we seen that we can't replace what he does. I'd be bringing Ferrie back in too, music to Morton fans ears but I am completely unconvinced by Wills. And hopefully guys like Thomas are told to have a go a bit more often instead of always looking for an extra sideways pass.

Stadium situation is an embarrassment. Doesn’t mean I won’t enjoy the opposition seething about it, of course. We’ve very slowly managed to get rid of Airdrie as our bogey team. Hopefully this is the season we can shake off Morton. 

Are Therangers scheduled to play any more games at Big Hampden?  I understand they have a game at Ibrox on about the 21st of this month, so if they're not going to be playing at Hampden again, is there any good reason we can't play at  Big Hampden this Saturday?

9 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Are Therangers scheduled to play any more games at Big Hampden?  I understand they have a game at Ibrox on about the 21st of this month, so if they're not going to be playing at Hampden again, is there any good reason we can't play at  Big Hampden this Saturday?

There's not even a bad reason.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

No reason at all

Shit, isn't it?

4 hours ago, Dave said:

I predict six pages of stadium abuse patter and one on the game itself.

The fact this game isn't at Hampden is an absolute disgrace, and I doubt you'll find any QP fan that thinks otherwise. However, if we finally get a result against Morton I'll be demanding we play them there for every home game.

Our record against Morton is horrendous, and our form coming into this game is worrying, so I can't say I'm particularly optimistic about this Saturday. Hopefully Rudden is back as, for all his flaws, I think we seen that we can't replace what he does. I'd be bringing Ferrie back in too, music to Morton fans ears but I am completely unconvinced by Wills. And hopefully guys like Thomas are told to have a go a bit more often instead of always looking for an extra sideways pass.

Bad start for anyone hoping for the usual bickering, we’re all on the same page! Completely agree the stadium situation is a shambles and I also hope Ferrie starts. Although if you have another keeper who inspires even less confidence, that might be worth the admission fee. 

Really hope that Garrity takes confidence from his goal against Cowdenbeath because if he can go on a scoring streak it’ll solve our biggest problem. And he looks the most likely solution at the moment. 

The stadium issue’s obviously a stick Queen’s Park are rightly beaten with, and it’s more relevant in the context of this game than any other.

From my entirely cynical viewpoint, it looked as though they were banking on promotion and cashing in on 20,000-30,000 gates against the Old Firm, but having a compact, 5000-6000 ground wouldn’t have allowed for that, so sabotaging Lesser Hampden was the route to go down.

Given that Haughey effectively owns half of Hampden anyway, and Queens are his vested interest, while it seems a cynical viewpoint, it could be argued it’s entirely his gift to do that, given he put his hand in his pocket, though. It just so happens that when a scenario like this arises, it’s us that suffers, which is Sod’s Law.

Let’s not forget that Morton have far from covered themselves in glory here, either. To my knowledge we received 215 tickets- 80 of which were given to two buses, and the remaining 135 balloted with no season ticket or MCT membership criteria required to apply, and the choice to apply for up to three tickets.

I’ve already hammered the club on Twitter over giving the buses preferential treatment, but for them not to at least give their season ticket holders a better chance than anyone walking off the street is incredibly poor, and the latest in an increasing line of questionable moves from a club who not long ago looked to be finally heading in the right direction in terms of how they deal with the paying fans.

I’m fortunate enough that I’ve got a mate who has offered me one of his three after I missed out on the ballot, but I’ve seen an awful lot of others who haven’t got one when folk who aren’t season ticket holders or MCT members have been successful. Got a lot of sympathy for these folk, and the club really should be answering questions about their policy.

Unfortunately though, with no SLO and a General Manager who doesn’t reply to emails, the chances of getting answers are minimal.

20 minutes ago, Toby said:

The stadium issue’s obviously a stick Queen’s Park are rightly beaten with, and it’s more relevant in the context of this game than any other.

From my entirely cynical viewpoint, it looked as though they were banking on promotion and cashing in on 20,000-30,000 gates against the Old Firm, but having a compact, 5000-6000 ground wouldn’t have allowed for that, so sabotaging Lesser Hampden was the route to go down.

Given that Haughey effectively owns half of Hampden anyway, and Queens are his vested interest, while it seems a cynical viewpoint, it could be argued it’s entirely his gift to do that, given he put his hand in his pocket, though. It just so happens that when a scenario like this arises, it’s us that suffers, which is Sod’s Law.

Let’s not forget that Morton have far from covered themselves in glory here, either. To my knowledge we received 215 tickets- 80 of which were given to two buses, and the remaining 135 balloted with no season ticket or MCT membership criteria required to apply, and the choice to apply for up to three tickets.

I’ve already hammered the club on Twitter over giving the buses preferential treatment, but for them not to at least give their season ticket holders a better chance than anyone walking off the street is incredibly poor, and the latest in an increasing line of questionable moves from a club who not long ago looked to be finally heading in the right direction in terms of how they deal with the paying fans.

I’m fortunate enough that I’ve got a mate who has offered me one of his three after I missed out on the ballot, but I’ve seen an awful lot of others who haven’t got one when folk who aren’t season ticket holders or MCT members have been successful. Got a lot of sympathy for these folk, and the club really should be answering questions about their policy.

Unfortunately though, with no SLO and a General Manager who doesn’t reply to emails, the chances of getting answers are minimal.

That is a bloody shambles by the way. 

8 hours ago, Toby said:

If QP were banking on promotion they wouldn't have let Simon Murray off the bus early in Dingwall. for next to nothing, Owen Coyle would likely still have been manager and he'd have been backed in the player market during the Summer of 2023.

Instead, both were let go and we replaced half the team with youth players and OC with Robin Veldman who'd only ever been a youth coach and who'd very little knowledge of Championship, (very little doing a lot of lifting there).  If anything it seemed that QP were hell-bent on getting relegated in order to make Lesser relevant and fit-for-purpose.

Love a conspiracy theory but like most things in life the truth is just banal and boring; Lesser as a project, is/was/has been a managerial and administrative cock-up of the highest order ....almost, ahem, amateur-like, if you will.  Committee members past and present have much to answer for.

The most annoying/depressing thing for me is that it seems that the omertà from the Committee/club regarding progressing the Lesser project suggests no finance, plan or will to rectify the situation actually exists.

Aye the ticket situation was a bit of a farce from our end. Aye we only got a few hundred, but those should have been made available to season ticket holders first, plain and simple. Fact you had to pick them up from Cappielow in person was a joke too. I'm a MCT and season ticket holder and been to every league game this season but didn't even apply as I'm an out of towner. It's not like the club only had a few days notice, they've known for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, on the game, badly need a win here.  Both teams looking a bit meh in paper but Morton for the most part have actually played alright in the league and should have a few more points on the table.

When we signed Mcginn, I did wonder if he'd be an option up top in a desperate attempt to get us going and I believe he was up top on Sat so wouldn't be surprised if we do the same here. The Jets fitness hasn't really improved since he first signed which is worrying and we can't afford to continue with the gamble in his current state. Davies and Reynolds clearly aren't the answer either.

Wilson and Baird missed out on Sat, hopefully they are back. Guessing Delaney misses out after his straight red so probably Ballantyne to left back and Blues at RB.

Mullen.

Blues Baird Boyes Ballantyne 

Wilson

Crawford Lyall Moffat

Garrity McGinn 

Just win!

0-1, McGinn

Edited by madton

Season ticket holder for years 

MCT member since the beginning 

didn’t get a ticket through the ballot but wee 17 year old jimmy off the street gets a ticket through the Gourock bus who gives 0 fu**s about Morton just wants to get pissed with his pals, what are Morton playing at with that decision! 

21 hours ago, Toby said:

I’ve already hammered the club on Twitter over giving the buses preferential treatment, but for them not to at least give their season ticket holders a better chance than anyone walking off the street is incredibly poor

42 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

didn’t get a ticket through the ballot but wee 17 year old jimmy off the street gets a ticket through the Gourock bus who gives 0 fu**s about Morton just wants to get pissed with his pals, what are Morton playing at with that decision! 

Aye, this sits firmly at the feet of your man Dale in my opinion.

Great at self-promotion, faultless at creating a LinkedIn profile, sticks the club staff through loads of online modules.

But heaven forfend that he actually replies to an email, or considers that the club’s support consists of something beyond the group of young guys that he’s trying to keep sweet.

The odd staged YouTube interview isn’t really covering up his flaws anymore, and I for one have had enough. As long as his mates are happy, though.

The sooner he fails upwards in his career and out of Cappielow the better for me.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Looks like the Ton have taken our pathetic excuse for a stadium scenario and added all sorts of bells and whistles.

Scottish Football……………..

🤦‍♂️

As much as ‘Ton fans might be looking forward to our Cal Ferrie playing this week, I'm equally hopeful that the relocation of George Oakley down the coast will help us turn the points in our direction.

We’ve got the potential to win this game, it’s largely down to the players to believe that and take the chances they no doubt will create. Should be a good game with both sides having good spells. 2-1 for QP would be a huge lift. 

Reassuring to see most (all?) QP supporters acknowledge that the circumstances surrounding this game are totally unacceptable. For the avoidance of doubt, past criticisms have been (legitimately) directed at your club… and any supporters who dive in to defend the indefensible.

I’m in Glasgow on Saturday, so genuinely tempted to do something I never thought I’d do: stand in the street and watch a game of professional football. At least it’s free…

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Reassuring to see most (all?) QP supporters acknowledge that the circumstances surrounding this game are totally unacceptable. For the avoidance of doubt, past criticisms have been (legitimately) directed at your club… and any supporters who dive in to defend the indefensible.

I’m in Glasgow on Saturday, so genuinely tempted to do something I never thought I’d do: stand in the street and watch a game of professional football. At least it’s free…

I've not seen any qp fans outside of a select few oldyins at games defend the lesser situation... Hurts us as much as it hurts away fans

Check the forecast if you can bring your picnic blanket with you!

On 10/09/2024 at 07:53, Spider1975 said:

If QP were banking on promotion they wouldn't have let Simon Murray off the bus early in Dingwall. for next to nothing, Owen Coyle would likely still have been manager and he'd have been backed in the player market during the Summer of 2023.

Instead, both were let go and we replaced half the team with youth players and OC with Robin Veldman who'd only ever been a youth coach and who'd very little knowledge of Championship, (very little doing a lot of lifting there).  If anything it seemed that QP were hell-bent on getting relegated in order to make Lesser relevant and fit-for-purpose.

Love a conspiracy theory but like most things in life the truth is just banal and boring; Lesser as a project, is/was/has been a managerial and administrative cock-up of the highest order ....almost, ahem, amateur-like, if you will.  Committee members past and present have much to answer for.

The most annoying/depressing thing for me is that it seems that the omertà from the Committee/club regarding progressing the Lesser project suggests no finance, plan or will to rectify the situation actually exists.

Loving your work here: airily dismiss what @Toby suggests as ‘conspiracy theory’… while just as airily ‘explaining’ what happened with the even more bizarre suggestion (or conspiracy theory, if you like) that QP somehow deliberately threw promotion. If you believe that, you really will believe anything.