Clyde FC vs City of FC Edinburgh City FC - 04/09/2024

After a lovely wee break from football where nothing whatsoever related to Clyde FC happened, we're back at the ground we're currently probably squatting in to play Edinburgh City. It's been an absolutely stinking few weeks on the park, but after a big win in the cup you'd like to think Clyde have used the time off from competitive action well and will get a result here. As far as the team goes, I'd begin with:

- Kinnear -

- Hynes - Hamilton - McKay - Robson -

- Murdoch - Scullion -

- Redfern - Connell - Connolly -

- Allan -

If Houston is miraculously fit, he'd be in at right back of course. Ray Grant is unlucky to be missing out in my team (I'm sure he'll get over it) but he and Murdoch are just way too similar and want to occupy the exact same space on the park. For me, the above allows Murdoch to sit and Scullion to push. Redfern and Connell have been the two standouts for me so far in a very poor start, in contrast to Allan and Connolly who have both been fairly poor. I feel like after the break, this is a great opportunity for both to show why they should be playing.

The Wooly Bee Barrowfield Clyde of the Rutherglen of the Shawfield of the What's it Called Naw It's Bloody Cauld of the Hamilton blew us away a couple of months ago in a pretty decent performance. I'm not sure what's gone wrong since. 

Revenge would be sweet and lead to seethe but I think it might be a draw or a Clyde win

36 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The Wooly Bee Barrowfield Clyde of the Rutherglen of the Shawfield of the What's it Called Naw It's Bloody Cauld of the Hamilton blew us away a couple of months ago in a pretty decent performance. I'm not sure what's gone wrong since. 

Revenge would be sweet and lead to seethe but I think it might be a draw or a Clyde win

😂 You forgot we were very nearly East Kilbride Clyde!

I'm actually looking forward to this on Saturday. Miss club football on international breaks. 

Edinburgh on relatively good form and can be happy with their showing at the VIP box with a stand attached on Saturday. 

Absolutely no idea how this will go but will be nice to see some posts about football on here again, even if it is taking the piss out of us. 

If Hamilton is back at right back, I may well turn the car round mind you. 

McCall said after the last one that Houston would be back. Him and Cuddihy would make a massive difference.

I don't really have any opinions on the lineup other than I hope we have used the five training sessions to set the team up around Jordan Allan. If we can't get him firing then we have no chance longer term.

I can only imagine the reaction if we struggle in the first half.

19 hours ago, Kerrazoo said:

Really need Clyde to turn up and have a performance… and a result. I cant say I am confident they will do that… but that’s what we need. 

City really need Clyde to turn up and have a performance....

...along the lines of Mike and Bernie Winters at the Glasgow Empire....

Lee Hamilton in the middle of defence, 10% increase in tempo on the ball and employing a gameplan that suits our striker and I'm sure we'll stop the rot here.

Having said that, I look forward to Howie and McKay at centre half with us mixing it up between playing plenty neat passes to one another in front of Edinburgh's entire defence and midfield and making Jordan Allan compete for headers with two/three guys half a foot taller than him all afternoon.

55 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

City really need Clyde to turn up and have a performance....

...along the lines of Mike and Bernie Winters at the Glasgow Empire....

Honestly, if Hamilton starts at right back for us, just hit crosses at every opportunity. You'll get your win. Your players might not even need to score the goal(s).

15 minutes ago, Clyde_MM said:

Lee Hamilton in the middle of defence

As much as I'm trying to be quite positive about the game, I do have the fear that even if Houston is fit, McCall will start Hamilton at right back and sub Houston on at half time when his starting 11 turns out to be an absolute shambles.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

As much as I'm trying to be quite positive about the game, I do have the fear that even if Houston is fit, McCall will start Hamilton at right back and sub Houston on at half time when his starting 11 turns out to be an absolute shambles.

If we lose this one any last drop of optimism for the season will have totally evaporated.

We've set up to be direct and then haven't stuck a single accurate ball up to Dunachie. No idea what the point of Connolly/Redfern being out there is playing in that manner.

Murdoch and Lyon have been abysmal, even allowing for them being outnumbered centrally.

Positives are Hamilton, and I actually think Allan looks sharper.

Edinburgh passing it about without actually going anywhere.