Clyde FC vs City of FC Edinburgh City FC - 04/09/2024

28 minutes ago, bhoonaman said:

Rennie looked right up for it and challenged and chased for everything. For the first ten minutes of the second half. Then disappeared.

Yeah, I think he forgot who he was for that brief stint. An out of body experience or something. Far too many of our lot lack any sort of urgency, particularly in the final third and often look like they have absolutely no idea what to do with the ball in/around the opposition's penalty box. 

I overheard someone say Jordan Allan's main problem is that he is very low on confidence at the moment. This could well be the case and, if so, shouting at him directly telling him he is absolutely shite and cannot play football isn't exactly going to help matters. Of course, constantly shelling the ball at him in the air doesn't help much either. If we lose next week McCall should be shown the door but this won't happen and McCall knows it. We'd probably have to go on a losing run of 10+ games for our board to even consider sacking the manager so I wouldn't bother wasting your breath shouting for him to go anytime soon. 

It's not just the results but more the manner in which we are losing these games. The team look completely lost and the manager and his backroom team spent most of the game scribbling christ knows what in their silly wee writing pads rather than actually communicating with the players and trying to get them playing a bit of football.

The next time I see McCall in the dugout with a pen and paper I hope it's to sign his letter of resignation. 

Edited by RutherGlen

16 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

the manager and his backroom team spent most of the game scribbling christ knows what in their silly wee writing pads rather than actually communicating with the players and trying to get them playing a bit of football. 

Totally agree

Now the Edinburgh manager was total pain in the tits with his shouting during the game

But at least he was encouraging his team, telling them what to do and coaching them in game time

McCall just stands their writing god knows what

Probably just writes the same each week

”Another s#ite performance this week”

1 hour ago, bhoonaman said:

Rennie looked right up for it and challenged and chased for everything. For the first ten minutes of the second half. Then disappeared.

Blaming Rennie for today is comical. He was probably the best Clyde player (Lee Hamilton exception) today. Showed a good bit of fight, added on with his great technical ability. Would personally like to see him get more starts either on the RW or in the midfield if it’s a 3.

46 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Blaming Rennie for today is comical. He was probably the best Clyde player (Lee Hamilton exception) today. Showed a good bit of fight, added on with his great technical ability. Would personally like to see him get more starts either on the RW or in the midfield if it’s a 3.

Plenty of others ahead of the queue to be blamed rather than Rennie today

Actually think he gets a hard time of it

He is one of the few players with a physical presence, he is skilful when on the ball and always good for a goal in every 3 games.  

2 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Yeah, I think he forgot who he was for that brief stint. An out of body experience or something. Far too many of our lot lack any sort of urgency, particularly in the final third and often look like they have absolutely no idea what to do with the ball in/around the opposition's penalty box. 

I overheard someone say Jordan Allan's main problem is that he is very low on confidence at the moment. This could well be the case and, if so, shouting at him directly telling him he is absolutely shite and cannot play football isn't exactly going to help matters. Of course, constantly shelling the ball at him in the air doesn't help much either. If we lose next week McCall should be shown the door but this won't happen and McCall knows it. We'd probably have to go on a losing run of 10+ games for our board to even consider sacking the manager so I wouldn't bother wasting your breath shouting for him to go anytime soon. 

It's not just the results but more the manner in which we are losing these games. The team look completely lost and the manager and his backroom team spent most of the game scribbling christ knows what in their silly wee writing pads rather than actually communicating with the players and trying to get them playing a bit of football.

The next time I see McCall in the dugout with a pen and paper I hope it's to sign his letter of resignation. 

Absolute clowns on about Rennie. Brain dead.  He offered more than most looks ungainly aye so unfairly criticised.  Blame the over paid manager McCall and the bunch of mercenary players he recruited. Fraud and fraudsters. 

8 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Plenty of others ahead of the queue to be blamed rather than Rennie today

Actually think he gets a hard time of it

He is one of the few players with a physical presence, he is skilful when on the ball and always good for a goal in every 3 games.  

Someone with a semblance of  knowledge. Think you're on the wrong forum. 

4 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

The money we are blowing for no return on this squad and management team is frightening. At least last season when we were bobbins it wasn’t costing much. Absolute clueless shambles out there. Management have had the international break to take stock and the performance today is arguably worse. No evidence of a game plan or style of play developing. As others have said making multiple changes at half time is wearing a bit thin now.

On top of it all it’s £19 to watch that turgid shite, price hikes looking a stroke of genius now eh? Think I’m done until things change. 

Exactly this Thistle f**ker saw a chance of a last pay day got biggest budget in years of any Clyde manager buys players In who look good on paper but gutless and look as though their prime objective is not to get injured. 

What is all this "prime objective not to get injured" nonsense being pedalled by folk? I don't disagree that we lack dig as a team but don't think this is down to players prioritising staying injury free over winning games of football. 

As for my Rennie comment, I agree he wasn't anywhere near the worst player on the park today and he does have some positive attributes. That said, I still think he's prone to lazy spells or maybe just loses focus and goes into a wee dwam. Given the standard of play served up by his teammates I can hardly blame him. 

1 hour ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Eh? That was not blaming Rennie for today so rein your neck in. It was a statement on how we desperately needed players to show more heart and just as it looked like we got that in the second half it lasted ten minutes the reverted to type. He was an exemplar and not the cause.

I moved home last month to somewhere that renders watching Clyde too time-consuming, expensive and impractical.

Additionally I can save £19 gate money and still monitor the Bet365 simulator of the game which is spookily accurate at letting you "just know" when our heroes are about to concede a goal.

I can't even guess where this malaise at the club is rooted, but I wouldn't blame it on the ability of the playing squad because I reckon any one of them would still do the business if lined up for some other side against us!!

Someone somewhere must have a cunning plan. Shame there seems to be nobody at the club worth showing it to.

44 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

Exactly this Thistle f**ker saw a chance of a last pay day got biggest budget in years of any Clyde manager buys players In who look good on paper but gutless and look as though their prime objective is not to get injured. 

Thistle f**ker? You seem rather upset?

Not much else to say about Clyde at the moment, but I will say absolutely fair play to Edinburgh City. Well organised and played us like a fiddle, something we’re seeing regularly from teams playing against us this season.

I always thought Connor Young looked ok playing for us, besides a few stinkers, and it’s good to see he’s doing well. He was dealt a rough hand last season being the one out of him/Rennie to get binned off and you could see when he came off today he gave absolutely everything.

5 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Not much else to say about Clyde at the moment, but I will say absolutely fair play to Edinburgh City. Well organised and played us like a fiddle, something we’re seeing regularly from teams playing against us this season.

I always thought Connor Young looked ok playing for us, besides a few stinkers, and it’s good to see he’s doing well. He was dealt a rough hand last season being the one out of him/Rennie to get binned off and you could see when he came off today he gave absolutely everything.

Young has been one of the better City players- sometimes a bit inconsistent but I'd rather have him than not have him.

Thought Rennie and Scullion did ok when they came on at half time but Lee Connelly was utter garbage and offered nothing the full time he was on. Perhaps the only positive today (apart from not losing) was Jordan Allan finally getting a goal, hopefully he can go on a run now. Watching that performance today though it doesn’t feel like we are about to click. Feels no further forward on what’s our best 11 or formation. 

Didn't make it through yesterday but those that did seemed pretty happy with the performance. We're definitely better than a lot of people (me included) expected.

When Clyde battered us in the League Cup I thought they looked brilliant and the squad looked really strong - hard to explain this start to the league, other than it just seems to be what Clyde do.

Hope the rumoured financial issues are either not true or swiftly resolved. Can confirm from personal experience, it's not fun to go through and wouldn't wish it on others.

5 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

When Clyde battered us in the League Cup I thought they looked brilliant and the squad looked really strong - hard to explain this start to the league, other than it just seems to be what Clyde do.

Hard to explain what’s happened since then, it seems that the longer the players have had to bed in under McCall we have got significantly worse.

City on the opposite trajectory and look competitive.